+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Army Wives - Season 3

Re: Army Wives - Season 3

I just knew that Claudia Joy wasn't going anywhere. Now, this is based off the book, BUT in the book
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the family that the Holdens are based off of, the Coreys, Renny Corey (i.e. Michael Holden) dies overseas in Vietnam during a search for bodies of soldiers MIA in the Vietnam War. The helicopter ended up crashing due to malfunctioning equipment in the helicopter, they were in turbulence and due to the equipment were not aware of how close to a mountain they were and the helicopter crashed, killing everyone. However I don't see this happening on the show since they haven't followed the book at all, except for having them be in the Army. If anyone wants more details, feel free to ask me.

FORT Fanatic

I ordered the book off of Ebay. I can't wait to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3495869;
    I ordered the book off of Ebay. I can't wait to get it.
    It's a good book, can't say it gives a great perspective of the military life because well, there are lots of couples who do well and families who are fine in the military lifestyle. It was quite a sad book and I found myself in tears off and on (as I write below, since I am editing this now to add a bit more, I was driving so this probably wasn't the best choice.)

I actually listened to it on CD on my round trip to Fort Bragg, NC (about 5 hours from me) which is where the story is based from. (True stories so made it all the weirder to drive around Fayetteville and see some of the places she writes about.)

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by liz_momof2;3496355;
    It was quite a sad book and I found myself in tears off and on (as I write below, since I am editing this now to add a bit more, I was driving so this probably wasn't the best choice.)

You were reading the book while driving???? Or you were posting while driving????? Sure glad you didn't run into any other cars, or children, or little animals, while doing that. . .
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 06-12-2009 at 07:24 AM. Reason: more info

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think liz meant was, with all the tearful stories it wasn't a great book to listen to on a CD while she drove. Tend to agree...while no one has identified driving while crying as a major cause of accidents yet, it sure does make it hard to see!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3497817;
    I think liz meant was, with all the tearful stories it wasn't a great book to listen to on a CD while she drove. Tend to agree...while no one has identified driving while crying as a major cause of accidents yet, it sure does make it hard to see!
    Yes that's exactly what I meant. I definitely didn't drive while reading a book, my own kids were in the car. And being a military spouse and dealing with separations and being an tad-emotional to boot, I have driven teary eyed too many times to count with no problems. Heck, I shouldn't drive period for the two weeks before "that time of the month" because ANY sad/sappy song comes on the radio and I end up tearing up. I honestly didn't know the book was going to be like that when I started "reading" i.e. listening to it.

FORT Fanatic

I am so not liking where this season is going. Tonight's show was a total downer. I know it's a drama, but does everything have to go bad for everyone at the same time?

I am totally over Emmalynn's (sp?) attitude. If I were Claudia Joy I wouldn't just allow her to sulk around and be disrespectful. She needs to sit her down and tell her just how much they are sacrificing to allow her to stay where she is. She's very selfish (yes, I know teenagers can be) but she didn't stop to think that her boyfriend could get kicked out of the military over her. I get that she lost her sister and was reaching out to someone who could help make the hurt go away but she needs a reality check over her behavior and quick!

I feel badly for Denise. Frank was an ass and he pushed her away. I'm not condoning her affair but they were separated.

I didn't notice until tonight that Joan is in the "Housewives-like" credits. They should have Roland there instead . And poor Roland, he's losing his identity fast. Roland did have a good career going until he agreed to stay home and be Mr. Mom and that decision is on him but he could put the baby in daycare a few hours a week so that he can have some time to himself. And children do get older, he just has to be patient and enjoy the time he has with her until she grows up and turns into Emmalynn ha ha. But I hope he finds something fulfilling soon. I don't like Pamela's "we agreed to this" attitude. Just because you marry a soldier doesn't mean you have to give up who you are and not have your own career. You might move around a lot but it doesn't mean you can't find things to do at each duty station. I know what it's like to allow the military to become all-consuming and everything be about the soldier instead of keeping a part of your own identity. It doesn't have to be that way.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 06-15-2009 at 07:07 AM.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fanatic

OMG, this is my new favorite show. Yesterday I watched a season 2 marathon, and then the new show. I so love this show! I have been telling everyone about it

FORT Fanatic

Great episode last night.

I really, really hate Colonel Cooper and his wife. I really hope that once Michael returns to base that those 2 characters are written off the show.

I really feel bad for Denise. I hope she and Frank can work things out.

+ Reply to Thread