+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Army Wives - Season 3

Re: Army Wives - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3992965;
    Unbelievably sad episode, and for some reason, it struck me as amazingly real. This is what it's like for all people, everywhere, when their loved ones go off to war. It's happened over and over and over again, for centuries on end. I don't understand why we repeatedly do this to ourselves, but I guess that's a much bigger question for more serious minds to ponder. To me, the answer is sad, but simple: I think that as a species, human beings are basically very warring in nature. There's a minority of folks who try to be peace makers, but the vast majority of people just cannot seem to help themselves. They either make war themselves, or follow leaders who do. It's a never-ending cycle of events. Shows like Army Wives are wonderful when they remind us of how all of this affects us 'personally.' And Sunday night's episode did just that. . .
    Great post! I agree.

I can't believe it, but I fell asleep during the show Sunday night only about 15 minutes into it! For the last 10 days I have been taking care of both my parents who underwent surgery. I tip my hat to all those adult kids who care for their parents full time. It was exhausting, although rewarding. I was so tired every night that I just couldn't stay awake much past 10:00. My parents are very early risers so we had to get up with the chickens. LOL

Can I watch it on-line? I just must see that episode.

Anyone watch this past Sunday? Is it me or do you have the feeling something bad is going to happen to Joan or the baby as her husband runs his errand?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4024249;
    Anyone watch this past Sunday? Is it me or do you have the feeling something bad is going to happen to Joan or the baby as her husband runs his errand?
    I have a feeling you're right Debb, although it would be a nice surprise if Joan's recovery continued without any serious setbacks. Frankly, I'm a lot more worried that something really bad is going to happen to Trevor, Michael or Frank while they're deployed overseas. It's like waiting for the other shoe to drop. . .

Meanwhile, I'm liking the new level of chemistry between Pamela and Chase that's developing between them. The sparks are back!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We need drama on this show....not "everything is bubblegum and roses". That's the quickest way to lose your job.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4025074;
    I have a feeling you're right Debb, although it would be a nice surprise if Joan's recovery continued without any serious setbacks. Frankly, I'm a lot more worried that something really bad is going to happen to Trevor, Michael or Frank while they're deployed overseas. It's like waiting for the other shoe to drop. . .

Meanwhile, I'm liking the new level of chemistry between Pamela and Chase that's developing between them. The sparks are back!!!

Pamela and Chase are frustrating to me. Why is it that when he was married to her and living in the home, he had no time for her and the kids. He was always working or doing other stuff for his career. Since they separated, he has all the time in the world. He wants the kids every weekend. He has time to take them boating. He has time to go out to a bar for date night. ( I realize he lost a bet and had to come.) This hypocrisy make me angry. He was dead set against devoting hiimself when he was needed, but now that's he's single he's free as a bird with his time. I don't like it.

I don't know the characters as well as most of you who have watched since day one, but I don't like him at all. I would like him to go away and her to find someone else. I think he may be setting her up so that if she takes him back, he will revert back to his same selfish self. That's my take on it.

Oh, I don't like Joan either. Wish they could do something with her. Maybe she and Chase could pair up. LOL Just kidding.

FORT Fogey

Chase really struggled with the family/duty balance. Maybe this time away is showing him that he can have both?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4025290;
    Pamela and Chase are frustrating to me. Why is it that when he was married to her and living in the home, he had no time for her and the kids. He was always working or doing other stuff for his career. Since they separated, he has all the time in the world. He wants the kids every weekend. He has time to take them boating. He has time to go out to a bar for date night. ( I realize he lost a bet and had to come.) This hypocrisy make me angry. He was dead set against devoting hiimself when he was needed, but now that's he's single he's free as a bird with his time. I don't like it.

I don't know the characters as well as most of you who have watched since day one, but I don't like him at all. I would like him to go away and her to find someone else. I think he may be setting her up so that if she takes him back, he will revert back to his same selfish self. That's my take on it.
    I think that Pamela's filing for divorce was the wake-up call that Chase needed. So many people don't appreciate what they have until they lose it. Pamela complained for years that Chase put his job before her and the kids, but Chase never took her threats seriously. When they actually got divorced I think he started to change his priorities - I don't think there was any question about his loving his wife and kids. Like many extremely dedicated people (usually workaholics!) it took a thump on the head to make him see the reality of the situation, and perhaps also realize that if he didn't change, he could really lose his family for good.

It's interesting reading your comments. I've been watching the show since the beginning but grew tired of them always ending the season by throwing every character into an upheaval. It was like everything was going along fine for some of them but instantly they were going to lose their job, their business, their child, and so on. I could see one or two but you just know that not everything is going to happen or change or there'd be no show.

I haven't watched since epi 1 this season and am not sure if I'll check back in or not.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;4028393;
    It's interesting reading your comments. I've been watching the show since the beginning but grew tired of them always ending the season by throwing every character into an upheaval. It was like everything was going along fine for some of them but instantly they were going to lose their job, their business, their child, and so on. I could see one or two but you just know that not everything is going to happen or change or there'd be no show.
    Maybe so, but that's a small price to pay for a great show. For me, I love the show and will watch until the end.

We knew it was coming. . . there was no way that Michael, Frank, Trevor and Jeremy were all going to be deployed without someone getting seriously hurt or killed. But when that limo was pulling up in front of Claudia Joy's house with a uniformed, ashen faced Joan inside --- my heart just sank. And when Joan said "We have a situation" it sounded like Michael's been captured, rather than killed or injured. That could be just as bad, or worse!

+ Reply to Thread