+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Army Wives - Season 3

FORT Regular

Re: Army Wives - Season 3

Auto Trader dot com. Total product placement, though cutely done.

Quote Originally Posted by Annika;3949369;
    Auto Trader dot com. Total product placement, though cutely done.

Thanks.

FORT Fanatic

Great episode last night. I can't believe the Frank and Michael are getting deployed?? Don't they need someone to stay behind and be in charge of the base? I know it's only a show, but it really got to me because there's families all over the US going through the exact same thing that's being depicted on the show. Frank was so happy to be around for the baby....and now he won't.

The episode before this one was just blah, but last night's episode showed me why I love this show. It's gut wrenching sometimes, but still very entertaining.

Frank said he could be deployed for a year. I wonder how the show will deal with this? Will they really show Frank and Michael in Afghanistan for the next year or will they fast forward a year and show them home and Denise's baby already born? It should be an interesting season to watch.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I kept waiting for Michael to collapse and die of a heart attack while he was going through that grueling training with his daughter. Her guilt would be unbelievable. Glad he didn't.

I Joan getting herself into a sticky situation with this sergeant who is in rehab with her (not intentially, of course)? The sergeant "gets her". Hubby Roland is such a good man, but isn't the saying that "good guys finish last"?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Loved the last episode. I just love Roxy. She is my favorite character. I love the way she handles her family.

I just hate Joan. She is my least favorite. I only stated watching this show last season. Has Joan always been so irritating? She is so mean to her husband that I just don't see why he wants to stay with her. I don't see any maternal instinct in her. I would rather she was deplored than the guys. I predict an affair with this new guy. Of couse, she won't be held responsible since she is brain damaged.

What would the show do if they run out of things for Claudia Joy's daughter to whine about. Yeah, the knee injury is bad, but this girl is totally spoiled. When is she leaving for college? Let's see some unspoiled teens who are more appreciative and don't throw tantrums all the time.

FORT Fogey

I don't think Joan will have an affair, she's much too much about duty. Agree that this episode was very good. So sad that Frank's gonna miss the baby again

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Keep in mind that Joan is not a girly-girl and is about the military. Women like that are not as "soft and cuddly/mushy" as someone who is not. She's not only about the military, but she has risen high in the command ranks of a, majority, male organization. Roland, as a civillian man, chose this extremely strong, structured woman....and she chose him.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3979119;
    I just hate Joan. She is my least favorite. I only stated watching this show last season. Has Joan always been so irritating? She is so mean to her husband that I just don't see why he wants to stay with her. I don't see any maternal instinct in her. I would rather she was deplored than the guys. I predict an affair with this new guy. Of couse, she won't be held responsible since she is brain damaged.

What would the show do if they run out of things for Claudia Joy's daughter to whine about. Yeah, the knee injury is bad, but this girl is totally spoiled. When is she leaving for college? Let's see some unspoiled teens who are more appreciative and don't throw tantrums all the time.
    Hahahaha. It is fun to hear someone's impressions of the characters from the perspective of joining in midstream.

First, yes, Joan has always been irritating. They have actually softened her slightly over the last few episodes in that the storylines have been more sympathetic to her struggles and her desires have been more maternal in nature. I was very frustrated with her character a season ago when she had the _choice_ of deploying or taking an XO positon that would have allowed her to be A) safe and B) home with her _infant_. Joan chose to deploy and it was utterly selfish on her part.

CJ's daughter Emmaline sorta gets a pass on the show because her sister died. And there was the whole storyline about her sticking her neck out for the injured Iraqi (?) girl. But you are right - it is long overdue for Emmaline to grow up a little bit more. But, hey, of all the storylines, Emmaline's is probably the most realistic.

I just finished watching last night's episode, I just about cried myself into a coma when everyone was deploying.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3992517;
    I just finished watching last night's episode, I just about cried myself into a coma when everyone was deploying.
    Unbelievably sad episode, and for some reason, it struck me as amazingly real. This is what it's like for all people, everywhere, when their loved ones go off to war. It's happened over and over and over again, for centuries on end. I don't understand why we repeatedly do this to ourselves, but I guess that's a much bigger question for more serious minds to ponder. To me, the answer is sad, but simple: I think that as a species, human beings are basically very warring in nature. There's a minority of folks who try to be peace makers, but the vast majority of people just cannot seem to help themselves. They either make war themselves, or follow leaders who do. It's a never-ending cycle of events. Shows like Army Wives are wonderful when they remind us of how all of this affects us 'personally.' And Sunday night's episode did just that. . .

+ Reply to Thread