+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Season Finale whatever it was called

LG.
    It's not usually that graphic, CB. You're a watcher of The Shield, if I recall, and TW is usually much more tame than that, and there isn't the "shades of gray" issues as there is with the cops on The Shield, as Cruz, the female cop who is bending the rules, clearly is evil incarnate now and not some likeable person (i.e. Vic Mackey). I blame last night's graphic violence as the desparate act of a show trying once again to get renewed for another season with an overly-dramatic season finale.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I don't know what bothered me about that scene. I am a big fan of the Shield and I know that the violence and graphic nature on that show has bothered me at times, but for some reason seeing that one scene on last nights show bothered me. Also I think what is getting under my skin is that I have been following this show from the late night re-runs and between the re-runs and the new shows there is too much that I missed, it is really hard to follow the plot. I figured I would just catch up on the re-runs and follow the show systematically. It gets hard when I am watching and going "now who the heck is that?"

Oh, and then when they were carting Alex around on the gurney and there was the big red stain through the middle of the sheet. Aah.

Alex said "Tell my mom it didn't hurt" to sweet Carlos who was making ME cry.

Cruz just lost the plot, I think. She's incredibly batty over her sister, and Bosco figuring her out put her over the edge.

I sort of gathered from Ty that he really wanted to say something to Alex's mom like, "I'm so sorry about your daughter, I cared about her alot" that didn't come across as "I'm gonna miss her sweet ass" or something.

I can't see Lou coming back, but Doc I do - he'll be back but not as much. Sort of like the desk sarge in the precinct.

Bosco better not transfer, omg, I just realized that.

I think in the shootout people will be shot, including Faith and Bosco. But not fatally. Noble, yes, fatal. Cruz, yes, fatal. Bosco and especially Faith, yes, but not fatal. There were two guns pointed at Cruz; if she gets out of there alive Bos and Faith should re-do their target training.

I completely neglected to mention how --- simply AMAZING Ruivivar was last night. Whether or not Ruivivar was feeling the same way as Nieto is inconsequential (meaning, if I played a Character on that show, both the Character I portrayed AND my usual self would be bawling as I said goodbye to Amy Carlson/Alex Taylor . . . if that makes any sense).

This is a guy who used to be an admitted 'playah' -- who didn't really know how to 'play.' At least in my opinion.

Ever since his arc with his child Nieto has changed, and definitely for the better.

And last night, though a colleague has just passed on, he kept his cool. He was even fairly calm when he told poor Doc what had happened. That's amazing acting right there.

Someone suggested that, to 'prove' Alex's death they should have shown her literally in half. I disagree.

First off, there's probably some budget issues with that. Unless NBC wanted a HUGE lawsuit on their hands, no one can be chopped in half then put back together without a little 'computer magic' involved.

Second, time constraints. Cel animation takes longer than CGI-animation, but for a weekly series you probably don't want to spend too much time adding in spiffy gimicks here and there whenever you can. Third Watch doesn't need those spiffy gimmicks; it has its Characters and its storyline.

Lastly, the mind works better with less. Alfred Hitchcock (sp?) was and will always be a master of the mind's nightmares. It's what you don't see that scares you more than what you do see. Personally, I knew right off the bat that Alex was looking at her own legs; her face cemented that awful fact.

"5.) Lou probably won't be back. What percent of his body was third degree burns? You don't generally recover from those, right?" -- dancer_chick

Burn injuries/burn victims can heal/recover --- but you gottah get stabilized first, and therein lies the problem.

I can't think of anything else to add, so I'll close.
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

LG.
    Guardian, ITA about the awesome job Carlos did in the finale. I've always loved his character (and thought he was the hottie of the show), even when he was the rather ineffective playa. Ducky and I had a long discussion about the really old episode where Carlos and Bosco both got sent to "sensitivity training" and we got to hear Carlos' thoughts about "oh, the hot teacher chick digs me" and it was quite hilarious. What was that episode named again, Old Dogs, New Tricks or something like that?
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

No, sensitivity training was called The Self Importance Of Being Carlos.

I totally love that episode.

Faith: What are you guys talking about?
    Bosco: Compassion.
    Faith: Musta been a short conversation.

LG.
    that's it, and it was a funny one.

It was!

If that quote was actually from the episode, duckgirl -- I SO will want to see it . . . You think A&E'll've aired it?
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

Yep, straight from the episode. A&E will show it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast