+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Trailer Park Boys

Gerald on Joe Schmoe plays J-Roc on Trailer Park Boys. I read that he's still with the show and is actually a writer for it now too.

His character is a wannabe rapper. He's hilarious, but he's a complete joke and not so smart. On last week's episode he wanted to pretend he was still in jail (rather than getting community service like he did) to up his street cred.

Here's a picture of the cast. If you watch Joe Schmoe you can pick him out easily.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    omg! It is him! Thanks for the information Mz F, I appreciate it!

The more I read about all of you guys and the raving reviews, I'm more excited about watching out for this. Comedy is where I gravitate, and it sounds like a gut-splitting good show!!

Sweet!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

The more I read about this show, the more I wish I would have watched it from the beginning. Anyone know if the previous seasons are available on DVD?

Amazon.ca has seasons 1 thru 3 available, daddyzgirl.

Wasn't the first show the one where Bubbles talks about stealing the shopping carts, wrecking them and then selling them back to the store after he repairs them?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Aww... I think it was.

One of my favourite episodes was when Ricky and Julian pimped out Bubbles shack. He was so happy. Poor Bubbles. And any episode with Bubbles and his kitties is a keeper.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Has anybody seen the original Trailer Park Boys movie? It was made before the series, shot in black and white, and Showcase has aired it at least 3 times. Randy was in it, but playing a different role. Bubbles wasn't in it unfortunately. Ricky, Lucy and Trinity lived in an actual house in the suburbs. Julian and everybody else lived in the trailer park. It was a hoot!

daddyzgirl: where did you get those great smilies?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

eny
    FORT Fogey
    The guy who plays Bubbles was a apparently a real life production assisistant on the movie. His girlfriend had given him the dopey glasses as a joke , and the writers saw him wearing them around the set. The rest as they say is history.

I saw the movie...there were some good bits, Ricky and Lucy were trying to get Trinity to stop smoking, mostly 'cause they were pissed that she kept bumming smokes off them And Julian was the badass instead of Ricky, coming around Ricky & Lucy's house with his dope and in his Corvette. It was shot more documentary-style than the TV show as well.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    daddyzgirl: where did you get those great smilies?
    Trailer Park Boys on Showcase

Aren't they funny? I love this one:

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I've been trying my best to catch the episodes everyone, and yeah, it's pretty frickin' funny. I'm liking it and I'm glad you all have told me about it... thanks!

The last one I saw was where Bubbles was pissed at Ricky (who was currently living in Julian's car) cause he had his cat in the back seat. Bubbles wanted his cat back but Ricky was fighting with him cause he "needed the cat to protect his LAST FOUR pot plants!! LOOK! A squirrel pee'd all over this one, (he holds up a dead stick-plant) I need [the cat] to protect my plants!!" Then the camera pans to an orange dirty looking cat in the back seat.

Funny stuff! I'm still trying to catch episodes and learn the names, so I hope I did this commentary with the correct names.

Ohhh! Julian gives Ricky his car! Total beater, no passenger door.. Ricky pulls up to whatshername's house (mom to his daughter) screaming about his NEW CAR!! She asks if they can "go for a ride".. he's pulling out and suddenly stops and hollers to the camera "Hey! Do you mind!?~ I'd like to spend some time with my family!" omg, funnnnnny!!
    Then later, on Julian's answering machine, it's Ricky leaving a message.. he's all happy that Julian gave him the car cause Kim (?) took him back and they're happy in love again. But, if you wanna get drunk, reallll drunk tonight..call me, cause Kim said I could "go out".
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread