+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Better Off Ted (ABC)--Better Than You Think

FORT Fogey

Better Off Ted (ABC)--Better Than You Think

Okay--hear me out on this one. I didn't even watch an entire episode of this show (ABC on Wednesday nights) until last night.

The other times I tuned it I flipped to another channel in a few moments because it "didn't seem funny."

But--here's the trick--you have to watch an entire episode and actually listen to what they're saying. Unlike a lot of other comedies--this one has actual dead-on humor about current events and things that people are currently talking about.

I know this won't sound funny--and may even sound "prejuiced"--but last night's show ended up being a satire on racial prejudice and how it's dealt with legally--a topic I am very concerned with and one about which I wpould not rook any nastiy "humor" about.

I won't try to describe what the plot was--that doesn't matter very much with this show--it's all the different takes they seem able to do on all angles of any topic they approach.

I know I'm not making it sound funny--but if I tell you that with a lot of serious stuff going on in my RL--this show not only held my attention but made me laugh out loud--

Maybe that will convince you to try it just once?

I hope so.

But you do have to pay attention because it is the many asides and comments that hold the humor--thoughtful humor at that.

Re: Better Off Ted (ABC)--Better Than You Think

It's a pretty subversive show, actually. You do have to listen and watch, because there's a lot going on.

FORT Fogey

Re: Better Off Ted (ABC)--Better Than You Think

NJ--well that's two of us who think so.

I was very pleasantly surprised by how sharp the humor was about something as "sensitive" as racial issues. I wish this show were the one on between DTWS and Castle on Monday nights instead of that horrid Bob Saget mess.

+ Reply to Thread