+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alias: Countdown - 04/27

Countdown - 04/27

"Countdown" -- A Rambaldi artifact prophesizes that an apocalyptic event will soon take place, and Dixon's grief leads Vaughn and agency psychologist Dr. Barnett (Patricia Wettig, "thirtysomething") to question his intentions, as his thirst for revenge on Sloane intensifies. Meanwhile Sloane receives a life-changing revelation from a mysterious monk in Nepal (David Carradine, "Kung Fu," upcoming "Kill Bill"), Sydney and Dixon hunt for the killer who stole the heart from his victim, and Marshall falls for a new co-worker (Amanda Foreman, "Felicity"), on "Alias," SUNDAY, APRIL 27 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

I really thought Dixon had lost when he was threating to blow himself along with that suspect up. Whew! That goodness that didn't happen. I kept thinking "Who's going to take care of the children."

I didn't record the show and I was doing some other stuff as I was watching so I missed some stuff. What was the life-changing revelation for Sloane? I did see where David Carradine told him that it was prophecized that Sloane's wife would die, and then he showed him a box. Was that a heart in there? What was the meaning of it?

Oh, and Marshall was so funnywhen he said "I'm not gay, but I do like men. In a manly sort of way". He always makes me laugh.

No, it was a Rambali manuscript, that had the "next phase" of Sloane's task on it. And it conveniently happened at midnight, the time Rambaldi predicted.

I'm still confused as to what was removed from that guy's chest if it wasn't his heart. Can anyone clear this up for me?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

It looked like a mechanical heart - it was in the briefcase near the end of the show. You should see it more next week, because they're bringing it back to the CIA.

Good to see the guy who was in charge of the NSA back on TV. He was the FBI guy who "ran" Ken Wahl in "Wiseguy", way back when.

The Two Evil Monks Site has a good picture of that heart in their photo essay for this week's show.

Two Evil Monks Ep 20
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

So we still don't know why or how that mechanical heart fits into the rimbaldi picture, right?

Thanks for the link, Brodie!

Right. But it probably has something to do with immortality, would be my guess.

Ok. I don't know why but I just had a hard time figuring out what was going on this past episode.

This Rimbaldi stuff can get confusing. Maybe it would help if I taped it and watched it when I'm not doing 4 other things.

I was watching from a hotel room in Houston last Sunday and started laughing like crazy when David Carridine showed up.

Aaaahh, Grasshopper.

I called my husband at home to see if he caught the joke (but he didn't - sigh ....) and I couldn't log on to the FORT ... LOL.

Can't wait for this week's finale!

+ Reply to Thread