+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Royal Pains (USA)

Re: Royal Pains (USA)

I watched and liked it, too. It grew on me more and more as the episode went on. The Hamptons setting alone will provide a lot of material. It will be a natural follow-up to Burn Notice (which was fantastic as always).
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Newbie

i watched it on hulu and loved it!!!! i hate not having good shows during the summer!! but this one is really good!!! like really not just summer really good!

I watched it on demand this morning and really loved it. Another great USA summer show (Psych, Monk, Burn Notice) for me to watch.

They've been showing the pilot episode back to back for several hours this morning so I was able to catch it that way. I like it and glad to have something interesting and new to watch. The lead does bear a striking resemblance to Patrick Dempsey so it was funny when the one girl called him McWeeney . But I think she was much too young to use the MacGyver reference.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3485991;
    They've been showing the pilot episode back to back for several hours this morning so I was able to catch it that way. I like it and glad to have something interesting and new to watch. The lead does bear a striking resemblance to Patrick Dempsey so it was funny when the one girl called him McWeeney . But I think she was much too young to use the MacGyver reference.
    yea she was since I don't think anyone shows reruns of that show anymore..can you just imagine what macGyver could do now with all the new toys around..lol...but I am watching now..finally got to see it..and I will have to say I am hooked...
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Yes, great show! I am looking forward to this show as well as the return of Burn Notice.

I also thought that the gal was too young for the MacGyver reference. Are retro shows in now?
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Fanatic

watching right now. and lovin' it.

as for macgyver ref...you really dont need to be an 80s baby to know it. there are shows that always mention macgyver moments and thats how kids nowadays learn it. and never know if they learned it from their parents. a coworker of mines who is only 20yo and he fixed a machine said he can "macgyver" a quick fix until parts come in. an older coworker was like you watched macgyver and he said his dad did and told him what kind of show it was and what he did. using whatever materials around him to get him out of jams blah blah blah!!!

and yes, retro is coming back: NKOTB, strawberry shortcake, Ladies 80s concerts, leggings, etc.

but yes...did show is a keeper! another thumbs up for USA Network.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by bell;3486326;
    watching right now. and lovin' it.

as for macgyver ref...you really dont need to be an 80s baby to know it. there are shows that always mention macgyver moments and thats how kids nowadays learn it. and never know if they learned it from their parents. a coworker of mines who is only 20yo and he fixed a machine said he can "macgyver" a quick fix until parts come in. an older coworker was like you watched macgyver and he said his dad did and told him what kind of show it was and what he did. using whatever materials around him to get him out of jams blah blah blah!!!

and yes, retro is coming back: NKOTB, strawberry shortcake, Ladies 80s concerts, leggings, etc.

but yes...did show is a keeper! another thumbs up for USA Network.
    does this mean I can wear big hair again..lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I'll definitely be watching this one! I've had a crush on Mark Feuerstein since he did Caroline in the City and Once and Again! I thought the pilot showed promise. I hope USA sees it through for the whole summer. It'll be nice to watch something that isn't reality TV (oh, the irony of that statement) or a re-run.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by bell;3486326;

What is NKOTB?

Too funny, Butterfly!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

+ Reply to Thread