+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Royal Pains (USA)

Re: Royal Pains (USA)

Quote Originally Posted by french dip View Post
    I must admit to not knowing who Campbell Scott's mother is....googling it right after this reply.
    Anyway....I absolutely love him and I hate saying this, but his immense talent is wasted on a cable tv show. His name should be in big letters on movie marquees. One of my favorite movies is The Spanish Prisoner. Check it out.

Agree also about Evan. He is a confusing mesh of adolescent nim-wit and smart businessman. The things he says and does make me cringe but he's just so cute to look at that I forgive him right away. I love his skinny legs....the man knows how to wear Bermuda shorts! LOL

My husband loves this show just to see what short outfit Divya will be wearing....and he always makes comments about her jewelry.
    His mom was Colleen Dewhurst. She had a long career on stage, in film, and tv. Many people remember her best as Murphy Brown's mother.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I feel sad for Campbell that he lost both of his parents when he was (and they were) relatively young. His mother was in her late 60's and his father was maybe 71. He's only 50 (maybe) and they've both been gone for a while now. I agree that he's not given enough to do on this show. Half the time, I like Boris and then the other half, I can't stand him. We'll have to see which half wins out next week!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

New season started last night (6/29) and it looks like another summer winner.

I liked the episode. I could have done without Evan obsessing so much over Paige, but other than that, it kept my interest for sure!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I used to like this show but I really cannot stand the Evan character. I know I shouldn't quit a show over something so trivial but he really does ruin the overall experience for me. Or has he gotten more mature? If so, I might take it up again.
    babyfat101 likes this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

This show hasn't held my attention very well this season. The drama over Divya losing her parents support and the Hank/Jill romance rekindling hasn't been very interesting. I'm also finding the medical problems so predictable. The first season was good. The mid-winter mini season was also kind of predictable, but since it was only like six episodes and it was on when the other shows were on winter hiatus, I stuck with it. This season I was hoping for more of Campbell Scott since I've always found him appealing in spite of the unattractiveness of his parents Colleen Dewhurst and George C. Scott. There's been very little of him so far. The only thing I find intriguing is what secret Paige is hiding! Any guesses on what it is?

Royal Pains has never been my favorite of the USA shows, but I do enjoy it. They surprised me last night with the reveal of
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Ed Asner as Henry Winkler's father and the boys' grandfather
    . Figured I'd put that in spoilers for anyone who hasn't yet watched the episode, but it did make me smile.

My favorite USA shows would be Burn Notice, White Collar, Pysch, and Suits, followed by Royal Pains, Covert Affairs. and Fairly Legal. I had high hopes for Necessary Roughness, but it's my least favorite.

I could not find the the thead for TNT's Leverage, but this new season has been outstanding so far.
    buglover likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

The show has been picked up for another season.
    Ellen likes this.

*BUMP*

The Winter premiere was last night. Did anyone else watch?

Divya's one of my favorite characters, so I hope she comes out of this okay. I can't remember from last summer - Hank still doesn't know she was working at the hospital, right? Also, whatever happened to that cute documentary film maker (?) she kissed? He needs to come back to town. They had great chemistry!

I really did not like Evan for about the first season and a half, but he's really grown on me. I loved him standing up to Paige's father last night. That buffoon could do with a few more people telling him what's what!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I watched, but not very closely (doing prep for WordMasters coaching) -- I'll have to watch it again.
    Evan's grown on me, too. I still find him annoying, but not as much as before.
    Did their landlord (German guy with the weird disease -- I forget his name) make an appearance?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread