+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 273 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147197 ... LastLast
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4083051;
    It might just be a plot device so that they would need to recruit another member, but there have been stories out there about the possibility that Mark Salling was suspended or fired from the show for making a record deal and recording a solo album outside of Sony, which is a violation of his Glee contract. A lot of the Glee stars were mad when they realized that they aren't getting any royalties for all these chart-topping songs & albums coming from the show. Nothing is confirmed that I can see, though.
    I hope he's not gone for good. I really like him and I think he has a really good voice.....and top of the fact that he's hot. I read that he will play
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the RH lips in the RH episode, but I don't know if they'll acknowledge that it's him

I think it's pretty naive of them to think they'd get royalties on those songs. They didn't write them. Considering they were all nobodies before this show, they should probably be grateful for the job.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

While I like listening to their music in the context of the show removed from the show I don't really enjoy it. I'm not a big fan of Lea's voice (even less of a fan of watching her sing) but in the context of the show it works. As a stand alone not so much, for example. They probably should have read their contracts more thoroughly if they were hoping to use this to springboard into a music career as well.

Some answers from Michael Ausiello re: Mark Salling:
    Question: Where is Mark Salling? Is he gone permanently? Is it due to his release of a non-Glee album? You have to know something about this, right?! óMissy
    Ausiello: Puck up, Missy! Though I dunno whether his absence is a side effect of his decision to work on music that isnít in the genre of R&Glee, I do know that itís only temporary. Heíll miss one more episodeóthe Oct. 26 Rocky Horror Picture Show tributeóbut will be back on the air in a big way in early November.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;4082963;
    What's a duet? A blanket. LMAO she kills me
    Mercedes and Santana looked like they were having a fantastic time performing River Deep, Mountian High
    Brittany (sp?) is hubby's favorite character. She has the most hilarious/surreal lines.

I thought the best duet was Mercedes and Santana. They sounded better together than either does apart, and brought the soul. Of course I had never heard the song before, so I wasn't distracted by comparing it to the original, but it probably would have been great even if I did know the original.

After seeing the previews from the next episode (and still finding Rachel off-putting - I played Janet, and I don't think she fits the part at all, yuck), I wondered if they had the whole blond hair subplot just so they'd have a blond guy in their stable to play Rocky!

We were wondering if this show is controversial with right wing Christians, not just the previous episode with the grilled cheezus, but this one with the girls kissing and talking about "all that scissoring," which we really couldn't believe got past the censors. If I had kids watching I think I'd find a lot of what they say and do on this show too raunchy for a family show, and I'm not even conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4082993;
    I was so disappointed that Artie didn't sing. I really like his voice.
    His dance sequence in the Joss Whedon-doirected episode was awesome too. That kid can move as well as sing! I adore both Joss Whedon and NPH, but in that episode Artie stole the show as far as I was concerned. Great dance number.

If I remember correctly, this show was never billed as a family show, but rather an adult satire of "High School Musical." It's the only reason I can put up with the Rachel character. I truly hope that "Glee" never loses its edge and sells out by becoming family-style Pablum. Because at that moment, I stop watching.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4084321;
    If I remember correctly, this show was never billed as a family show, but rather an adult satire of "High School Musical." It's the only reason I can put up with the Rachel character. I truly hope that "Glee" never loses its edge and sells out by becoming family-style Pablum. Because at that moment, I stop watching.
    You and me both, Ellen.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;4084284;
    but this one with the girls kissing and talking about "all that scissoring," which we really couldn't believe got past the censors.
    I couldn't believe it either, the only explaination I could come up with is: the censors are sheltered and not up on their street venacular. I proabably wouldn't have known what scissoring was, but I looked up Scissor Sisters one day and got a whole new edumacation from urban dictionary. And... the girls weren't kissing, Mercedes was kissing Brittney's neck, their lips never met.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I didn't think it was a family show either, but then we learned about all the fans of all ages. (In case anyone wonders, I think portraying gay and bi characters is positive. It's the raunchy dialog and also the hootchy dancing in skimpy clothes that no one would ever want their high school daughters to do that seems like it might be objectionable.)
    As for that word, we learned about that from South Park - another great show, btw.
    Last edited by Harvest; 10-15-2010 at 12:52 AM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;4084386;
    I couldn't believe it either, the only explaination I could come up with is: the censors are sheltered and not up on their street venacular. I proabably wouldn't have known what scissoring was, but I looked up Scissor Sisters one day and got a whole new edumacation from urban dictionary. And... the girls weren't kissing, Mercedes was kissing Brittney's neck, their lips never met.
    And Wikipedia has already listed the Glee episode reference under "tribadism". So some people are more alert than the censors!

aw man, another word I have to look up...
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread