+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 274 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145195 ... LastLast
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;4077777;
    that was... dehydrating
    Holy cow, ditto that. I can't remember the last time an hour-long tv-show has made me bawl like that.
    _(Moo!)

Excellent show, and I also love the "softer" Sue, on occasion.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I, too, loved this episode! I'm glad they had the grilled cheezus for a little humor but wondered why Finn didn't ask it to help Burt? That confused me a bit, esp. after he reamed out Kurt for not telling him.

I have to admit, when Finn first talked about his coming to Jesus moment to the group, I groaned and wasn't looking forward to a lesson about religion during the episode. But I think the way everything was presented was just perfect, not too over the top and no converting the atheist.

I love Sue with her sister. Their 'moments' always make me cry. Of course, that wasn't hard last night--lots of tearing up this episode.

ETA: That picture of Chris with "young Kurt" is uncanny! Those scenes of young Kurt and Burt at their tea party and walking out of the cemetary holding hands...((sniff, sniff)).
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Oh yes! The tea party scene was terrific!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

The tea party scene reminded me of the commercial where the two big guys want some popcorn and the little girl makes them sit down for a tea party with her to get it. And she scolds them, "Napkins! Napkins!"

I did think that Curts dad could have compromised on the "dinner night" like maybe changing it to Thursday night or Monday night. I know it was a tradition that Curts mom started but it could still be changed. When he said how disappointed he was in Curt, it just broke my heart, because Curt has always tried so hard to earn his dads approval.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

CCL

I didn't like the way the others treated Kurt and his atheism. If he has said he's an atheist it is rude to go and pray over his father at the hospital - do that on your own time. And I didn't like how Mercedes said she didn't know how to interact with Kurt and then invited him to her church (they couldn't have explored their relationship without his having to go to her church? Is she going to read up on atheist beliefs on her own time to better understand him in turn? I think not). Nor did I like her going to the front and saying "Hey Church" and then proceed to butcher Bridge Over Trouble Waters. I wish they had shown more outward respect to Kurt's beliefs.
    That said, Kurt's rendition of I Want to Hold Your Hand may be the best song the show has ever done.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I had a ladies dinner tonight (meaning a group of moms got together for dinner without the kids) and I tried to explain to them how awesome this show is and used the last episode as an example.

They just don't get it. I told them but "he was praying to a grilled cheesuz!" and laughed while they just looked at me like I was bonkers. Well I thought that this past episode was their best in a very long time if not ever. It had the perfect balance of everything, humor, message, sadness. And yes, although I knew going into it that there would be moments that would make me tear up, I couldn't stop it from happening.

"Kurt" had better be up for an Emmy this year right alongside "Sue". They did some of their best acting so far, actually they all did. Even the ones playing understated roles were stellar.

I was afraid that this episode would go into that preachy "very special after school message" that I hate but it didn't because it mixed the serious with the ridiculous and made it all so riveting and entertaining. I didn't see anything wrong with the way the other kids were treating Kurt. For one, they are kids. Teenagers, self centered little jerks who think they can rule and/or change the world some day. I thought the story played that out perfectly. I understood where Mercedes was coming from in her voice as a teenager and didn't think any of them were disrespecting him. If anything, he was disrespecting them and the love they have for him. Because that was where it was coming from, they see him as "one of them" and were trying to show their love and support in the way they knew how.

I'm glad in teaching him a lesson about tolerance that they didn't slap a nice big bow on top of it all and convert the atheist. He was able to learn tolerance for those who believed differently than he did while still staying true to what he believed.

Very good episode but hoping the next one is a lot lighter because I can only take so many deep and tear jerking stories at a time. One every few episodes.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;4082730;
    "Kurt" had better be up for an Emmy this year right alongside "Sue". They did some of their best acting so far, actually they all did. Even the ones playing understated roles were stellar.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Chris Colfer got another nomination. That's just a really tough category, which is probably why he didn't win this year. This show has similar problems to other hour shows like Ally McBeal where it's not really a comedy and it's not really a drama. The voters just don't know what to do with it....unless, of course, you're Jane Lynch and then all bets are off!

I'm really looking forward to tonight's episode! I remember going to RHPS at the midnight show on Fridays. I still know all the words....and the choreography!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

What's a duet? A blanket. LMAO she kills me
    I love, love, love that they addressed the 'fag' incident from last season.
    Mercedes and Santana looked like they were having a fantastic time performing River Deep, Mountian High
    Last edited by Duxxy; 10-12-2010 at 10:47 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread