+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 273 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103143193 ... LastLast
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

Britney Episode was pretty flat, I was expecting so much more...so far nothing really interesting going on as far as storyline...I guess the Artie/Tina/Mike love triangle is interesting, but other than that...Hopefully the Rocky Horror tribute wont let down.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;4073938;
    Britney Episode was pretty flat, I was expecting so much more...so far nothing really interesting going on as far as storyline...I guess the Artie/Tina/Mike love triangle is interesting, but other than that...Hopefully the Rocky Horror tribute wont let down.

I thought the previews for next week seemed as if the next episode will be more related to characters/plot and less a showcase for a particular artist. I won't say more than that, in case some posters don't watch previews for fear of being "spoiled."

I also think the fact that the Rocky Horror episode is a Halloween episode makes the concept seem less stunt-like. The Brittany Spears episode seemed entirely too stunt-like to me, as if they had to write a show just to feature her songs, whether it did much for the season overall or not. I honestly would prefer to see more of Glee's Britney S. Peers as opposed to Brittany Spears.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4074820;
    I thought the previews for next week seemed as if the next episode will be more related to characters/plot and less a showcase for a particular artist. I won't say more than that, in case some posters don't watch previews for fear of being "spoiled."

I also think the fact that the Rocky Horror episode is a Halloween episode makes the concept seem less stunt-like. The Brittany Spears episode seemed entirely too stunt-like to me, as if they had to write a show just to feature her songs, whether it did much for the season overall or not. I honestly would prefer to see more of Glee's Britney S. Peers as opposed to Brittany Spears.
    Discuss away! Once it's aired on the East coast, we don't consider it a spoiler any more - and this applies to those previews too. You can always put it in spoiler tags if you want, but it's not necessary.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Click to see Spoiler:
    Next episode is called “Grilled Cheesus” and Ryan is interview on EW as saying that the whole thought behind this entire season is tolerance and respecting the view points of others. Not sure how Britany Spears figures into that arc but at least all those who wanted more story and less fluff will be happy. Not sure I will be because I don't like preachy shows but I'll give it a go anyways because it's Glee and I do love this show.

Spoilered in case somebody hadn't watched the previews or read the articles.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

So, Glee is only 15 minutes in and I'm tearing up I hope things get better..

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;4077721;
    So, Glee is only 15 minutes in and I'm tearing up I hope things get better..
    Me too! Although, they had me at grilled cheesus.

I will never hear "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" the same way again. I was absolutely bawling like a baby On a completely different note, who would have thought Lea Michele (or anyone for that matter) would make a darn good case for a Yentle remake
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;4077743;
    Me too! Although, they had me at grilled cheesus.
    Me too. My eldest used to say that when she was about 3. She looked at a nativity scene and pointed to "the baby cheeses". Bridge Over Troubled Water also turned me into a puddle. It was my late sister's favourite song. I'm going to have to watch John Stewart for sure tonight, just to make me laugh.

that was... dehydrating
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I dont think my eyes were dry that whole hour.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread