+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 274 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141191 ... LastLast
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

re: GLEE

Wow, I guess I'm in the minority but I thought a lot of it was great. Glee Britney rocked. Her one-liners and dancing are just incredible. Her singing was good but I think I was a little distracted with all the hair-flinging. (She kept making me think of her hairology comment.) Popstar Britney looked old. She looked best when she wore those glasses to cover her tired-looking eyes. DH even made a comment on how old she looked.

I can't remember which song Lea/Rachel sang (mainly b/c I made my brain shut off b/c it was too painful!) but it sounded AWFUL!! All I could think was I wonder if Britney was there when she filmed it. Bad, bad, bad.

And Mr. Walking Hormone who was caught by Sue -- that was just WAY too much. Even I, who am so not a prude, was covering my eyes while he was in the bleachers. They went way too over the top with him. :nono

And let's not forget John Stamos. I'm SOOO glad to see him back in comedy. ER was too serious for him. I can see him being a lot of fun on Glee...

Harmony2000, I know what you mean about wanting Rachel to have a friend but then I realized that she's meant to represent the majority of single children (MOST, not ALL!). Those that I know who are only children and are older really don't know how to play well with others. It's all about me, me, me without taking others into consideration. Sadly, I think Rachel's character is meant to cover that group of people.

I'm so bummed we didn't get to see the previews. It cut out during Rachel's song and then the DVR switched to the next show so we lost the station. I hope it'll be posted somewhere!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4072343;
    I thought Mr Schu acted like a moron throughout. I don't want to see Jacob BenIsrael orgasming in the assembly hall either.
    I though it was a tacky show really.
    I've already deleted it from my dvr.

I've said this before, but I really wish they'd stop with the theme episodes and the (imo) overuse of guest stars.
    I totally agree with you and I would also like to add that I really want to love John Stamos' character, but him giving "fantasy drugs" to un-needing teenagers without a nurse in the room was more than a little creepy to me.

I liked it, but I was around 25 when she hit it big and I used to dance to her music in the clubs. I guess I'm a fan. They did several from her Toxic album last night and IMO, that's her best work to date. So, I enjoyed that plus watching Heather Morris out dance every single person on the show was great! I didn't like the chia pet reporter part. It was crude and stupid. Pointless. I was embarrassed just watching it. And Santana..gorgeous girl, good voice, but her dancing in this episode was sloppy and not good at all. And what was up with her going all ghetto in the dentist chair? Weird. As for Rachel....ugh. HMBOMT was terrible. And HER dancing on that number was horrible. If you can call it dancing. Shue was out of character and what in the world made him think doing that number at the pep rally was a good idea? Ick.

I did crack up at HM's Britney's one liners. It's Britney....bitch...in her deadpan, monotone voice had me LOL'ing. Ok...I guess I didn't really like the show, but I did enjoy HM's performances and her one liners.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Glee Britney did a great job dancing. Better than anyone else. Singing, not so much.

Rachel's HMBOMT was awful, from the singing to the dancing. Just horrible.

Schu, WTH were you thinking?? That number was so inappropriate!!

I really hope that they go back to a storyline instead of just singing. Next week's episode looks really good.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I liked it. I'm ok with the occasional fun and pointless episode. I think the whole purpose of this episode was to showcase Heather and amazing dancing skills. I also liked seeing other characters besides Rachel, Finn and to a lesser degree Kurt getting some story line.

I don't need constant drama and doom out of a show that I watch just because it makes me smile and it's fun. I lose interest in the show when they start getting too "Very Special After School" and start preaching to me.

I didn't think Rachel's number was all that bad. I thought she did fine.

I did think that Will's stuff was creepy, he's like one of those annoying adults who refuse to admit that they have grown up and still insist on acting like a teen. Gross (TM Brittany lol).

That bit with the Jewfro character both in the library and in the pep rally? Completely uncalled for and was a massive sour note in the episode. It stuck out, it was so out of place and really had no business being there.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;4072651;
    That bit with the Jewfro character both in the library and in the pep rally? Completely uncalled for and was a massive sour note in the episode. It stuck out, it was so out of place and really had no business being there.
    I agree Harmony, that was my only complaint in a near perfect episode last week too...when Sue had Brittany saying the Beist had touched her inappropriately. I just thought it crossed a line - even for Sue - and was totally unecessary. It's deinitely not that I'm a prude. Case in point, last night's bathroom scene in "The Good Wife"? Now that was hot!! I was a bit suprised it got past the CBS censors...sorry, off topic I know...
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;4072697;
    I agree Harmony, that was my only complaint in a near perfect episode last week too...when Sue had Brittany saying the Beist had touched her inappropriately. I just thought it crossed a line - even for Sue - and was totally unecessary. It's deinitely not that I'm a prude. Case in point, last night's bathroom scene in "The Good Wife"? Now that was hot!! I was a bit suprised it got past the CBS censors...sorry, off topic I know...
    I don't think Britney Spears is talented enough or her music good enough to suspend most of the storylines in order to do an homage to her.
    I don't know that they Glee club kids would be so enamoured of someone who's a (imo) terrible singer either.
    I think too much Brittany can be a bad thing. I normally love her one-liners when they're sprinkled through an episode, but she was starting to get on my nerves last night.
    I don't think you have to be a raving, pearl-clutching prude to think the Toxic scene was a bit much either.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm not an avid glee watcher. But I catch it when I can. Anyhow. I really really hated the hit me baby one more time rendition. I wasn't a fan of the song when it came out and it felt like they slowed the song down on the show and it was even more painful.

Totally agree with many of the points already made. Not a huge fan of such excessive use of anesthesia in a dentist's office - general anesthesia is not something to be undertaken lightly. And the point about putting the kids under without a nurse present is a good one. Though I will say that Rachel's reference to "David After Dentist" when coming out of it was a great line.

Almost every line by Jacob Ben Israel made me embarrassed. Did not belong on my TV. Gross.

I don't understand either why Kurt was on such a soapbox for the group to perform Britney music but then didn't even have a featured line in one of the songs.

Basically it felt very contrived, and for Britney? I don't know that she has quite reached the icon status that would justify an episode like this.
    _(Moo!)

FORT Fogey

As a rule, I'm not wild about the "featured artist" episodes, and it doesn't really matter to me who the artist is. Typically, the episode then becomes all about that person--who isn't a member of the cast and doesn't have a role in any of the recurring storylines--and there's lots of music but very little connecting to any kind of a script. One of the joys of Glee is that it has--or can have--very sharp, funny writing. Another of its best features, IMO, is it's ability to combine diverse music styles in a single episode while still connecting them to a plot line. Both those features tend to be thrown out the proverbial window when the focus goes to a single artist's music. And yeah, the geeky reporter freaking out throughout the entire episode was embarrassing and got old really, really fast. For a show that has at its center the notion that these geeky glee club kids have formed a sort of family, it seems mean-spirited to make fun of a different kind of nerd.

All of that being said, I look forward to next week's episode, which, from the previews, appears to give Kurt a lot more to do and involves an actual storyline that might have some season-long implications.

+ Reply to Thread