+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 274 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

I was a little bit disappointed. I still liked it, but there were times where I found myself nitpicking at the acting. There were times when I felt like it wasn't believable.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I love this show!! Maybe I was so looking forward to it, there was no way I was going to let it disappoint me, but I thought last night was great. I laughed out loud in several places, and the music as always was fab. I can't wait for next week!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I love the music of this show, and all of the numbers from last night ruled (except "Take a Bow"... I was expecting the Madonna song, which is a better song and would have been a better fit for that plot, too), but it sounded so much more overproduced than in the pilot. When Head Cheerio was auditioning, she sounded like she had a full women's chorus behind her instead of the two Cheerios that were there. Her voice is gorgeous though. And "Push It" did sound much more organic.

Anyway I will pretty much forgive them for the Auto-Tune because of Sue saying "I resent being told to hold on to anything, William," and demanding that Rachel and Finn be hobbled.

Did anyone catch all of the pamphlets that were in Emma's office? I saw Divorce: Why Your Parents Stopped Loving You, and I Can't Stop Touching Myself, but I know there were more.

Also, "Oh my God, YOU KILLED HIM! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?!"

FORT Fogey

I didn't get to see the whole show but I had so much fun reading those pamphlet titles! What a great addition to the show! I hope they add subtle notes of this kind often.

I love shows that treat their viewers as thinking adults.

I thought last night's episode was cute - although the musical numbers need a little tweaking. I wish they'd try to make it look and sound more like the kids are actually singing vs (like someone else said) a whole chorus singing on the track in place of two girls. Also, the "Golddigger" number was a little annoying. I thought it sounded bad with the original music over the kids singing over the beat from the piano guy, and I didn't like the teacher dancing around like a 13 year old. LOL - that sounds overly critical, but just my opinion!

I did like the show and will continue to watch, but just hope the musical parts can be refined a little!

I agree, a little refining would be nice.

But I must say, Jane Lynch was perrrrrrfect as Sue Sylvester. I'm expecting a future Emmy nod for her.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3697580;
    But I must say, Jane Lynch was perrrrrrfect as Sue Sylvester. I'm expecting a future Emmy nod for her.
    Yes, she has been playing a version of this forever, but on this show she has reached the pinnacle of perfection. Most or all of my laughs came from her lines. I wonder how many are improvised. "My first thought is they should be expelled" - "My first thought is they should be hobbled" (!lol!)

I love how she is the foil and rival for the cute guy teacher. The "office politics" gives the show an edge. Thankfully, the focus is not as much on the kids.

The overly produced musical numbers and the grossly inappropriate song and dance choices are not my favorite part of the show.

I loved it! My crush on Matthew Morrison has only intensified. I love a man who can sing and dance!

I found myself laughing through the whole episode. I LOVED the assembly performance if only because the reactions of the audience were hilarious, especially Will's horror. It was so wildly inappropriate, but much better than the "Freak Out" number.

I think the entire cast is fantastic and they already have great chemistry two episodes into the season. I can't wait to see what happens next!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3697580;
    I agree, a little refining would be nice.

Did anyone catch her last night on Chelsea Lately? She is one funny lady!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

OK I've been thinking about the overly produced singing, I'd like to see them be a little more orgainc but the fact is they are offered for sale on iTunes so there's the culprit.
    My husband sat down and caught the last third of the show with me and he said 'this is actually funny' - that's a lot coming from him LOL. I'll continue to watch.
    Will seriously does not get that the football team is not hanging out with the choirboy. As he said when he was in Glee they ruled the school. He doesn't have a clue that they are stuffing him in the dumpster daily. Although this is not funny in real life on the show the choir boy's resignation is hiliarous and those jocks are the kids we love to hate anyway.

ETA: OMG when the principal told the coach that she'd have to wash the 'congeled protien shake' off the floor and then we see him doing it because she got a note from the school nurse I just about died laughing! I love this show, I hope they can keep it up.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread