+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 274 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394134184 ... LastLast
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

Quote Originally Posted by grapenuts;4056471;
    Not sure if anyone watches iCarly in Nickelodeon, but Jane Lynch will be playing Sam's mom in a couple of upcoming episodes.
    One of the little girls I tutor (ESL) is a huge iCarly fan, so I try to watch every now and then for conversation-topic purposes -- though, personally, I don't see the attraction. But if Jane Lynch is on, I may be able to make it through an entire episode!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by grapenuts;4056471;
    Not sure if anyone watches iCarly in Nickelodeon, but Jane Lynch will be playing Sam's mom in a couple of upcoming episodes.
    She looks so funny in the preview! I'm a little too old for iCarly but I think I'll check out her episode because my Glee love is ridiculous. lol

I just don't get it. I can barely watch the commercials...much less the show.

Maybe you are all much younger than I am...and therefore see something I don't.

Really...I wouldn't watch this show for any amount of money.

Quote Originally Posted by megan31917;4064511;

Are you talking about Glee or iCarly?
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;4064516;
    Are you talking about Glee or iCarly?
    I'm going to say both...but I never heard of the carly show.

So now I'm going to watch something really good....NY Giants football!

Enjoy your shows.

I like Glee...a lot. Some of the story lines got a bit convoluted last year, but I love the singing and the interactions.

And while I might or might not be younger than you, I'm old enough to belong to AARP ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by megan31917;4064511;

I'm 42 and my mother is 73 - we both love the show. I don't think age has anything to do with it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm older than Crit and I love the show -- of course I've had some experience singing in ensembles and working in theater, so it's a natural fit for me.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4064592;
    I'm older than Crit and I love the show -- of course I've had some experience singing in ensembles and working in theater, so it's a natural fit for me.
    I grew up performing - mainly dancing - and going to the theater. It reminds me of the friends I had growing up.

Yeah, and I'm still 41 - 42 next month. Der. I shouldn't be tacking on that extra year until I have to!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

45, total Gleek and counting down for tomorrow And I can't sing to save my life, so no musical theater background either. I guess I have no excuse other than I just love the show. I'm definitely excited for season two. I hope they get back to the brilliance that was part one of season one. Sounds like they're on the right track with fleshing out more of the secondary characters, more "Kurt and Burt," Carol Burnett as Sue's mom - the nazi hunter ....and a Rocky Horror tribute can't hurt either!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread