+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 274 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192132182 ... LastLast
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

re: GLEE

Just a question: In the episode with NPH, he and Will sang a little of Piano Man. Does anyone know if they recorded that song and therefore if it can be purchased?

Also, I was kind of hoping that at some point they would actually cover that song, more than they did.

Did you hear the one where an 18 year old girl got Botox in order to appear "fresh" for her debut on this show? No? The Associated Press is running an article where Filipino teenage singer Charice Pempengco is claiming to have gotten the procedure done to make her naturally round face more narrow and fresher looking.

Seriously?

I'm hoping that it's just another case of the AP being too lazy to verify rumors and running with a false story because that's ridiculous! What does an 18 year need botox for?

(Wanted to thank Little Sew&Sew for pointing this news out to me, I couldn't believe it when I heard about it).
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I saw that article last night and just shook my head. An 18 year old who needs "freshening up"? What is she hoping to look like? A 12 year old?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

How would botox make your face look narrower?
    A quick google search has her rep saying that she had botox for a medical problem with her jaw. Could be. Then again, how many people say they got nose jobs done because they have deviated septums (rather than just admitting they wanted a new nose)?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3991714;
    How would botox make your face look narrower?
    A quick google search has her rep saying that she had botox for a medical problem with her jaw. Could be. Then again, how many people say they got nose jobs done because they have deviated septums (rather than just admitting they wanted a new nose)?
    I actually believe this story more than the one that the AP is running because it makes no sense to me that a girl her age would want to look younger, then again plastic surgery is so common amongst the Hollywood crowd regardless of their age. They act like it's no different than driving up to McDonalds and ordering a value meal and that flat out boggles my mind.

Critical LOL @ the 12, she is quoted as saying that she wanted to be able to compete with Leah who she thinks is beautiful and that she wasn't up to her level in looks. I sincerely hope that is not the case because it's a sorry reflection on society if 18 year olds think they need cosmetic surgery to look younger.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Yay! 'Glee' does 'Rocky Horror'!!
    1. "Glee" will pay respect to "The Rocky Horror Picture Show."

This news was a shock to even the cast in attendance Naya Rivera (Santana), Jenna Ushkowitz (Tina), Heather Morris (Brittany), Kevin McHale (Artie), Colfer (Kurt), and Amber Riley (Mercedes). When they were asked by an audience member what songs they still wanted to sing on the show, Colfer piped up, "The Time Warp" and practically got his wish on the spot. "Well, funny enough Chris, we are doing a 'Rocky Horror' episode," Murphy said.
    More season spoilers/teasers here A 'Rocky Horror' Episode, and 9 Other 'Glee' Spoilers

I like that they'll focus on Artie and Tina more...hopefully it'll show throughout rather than just be an episode or two...

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

I just read that Carol Burnett will be playing Sue's mom in an episode this coming season.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Looks like the premiere date for GLEE for the 2010-2011 season is SEPTEMBER 21st.

"Glee" gets a fall premiere date for the 2010-2011 season | HollywoodNews.com
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I can't wait for the new season of it to air,, i just started watching it when it had lady gaga theme one that's when i knew i liked it

+ Reply to Thread