+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 274 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990130180 ... LastLast
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

Sorry, guys, but I liked Vocal Adrenaline's Queen tribute best. Just because people in the show said the other team had "heart," and that was supposed to make their singing "better" than that exciting, slick production number, we do not agree. We did notice the two leads, Finn and Rachel, lost a lot of pudge compared to when the series started, and he has improved a lot. I still don't like the way she caterwauls some of her notes - it's like nails on a chalkboard.

Out of the entire season, though, the Madonna video was a gem, as was the Joss Whedon-directed dance number with the wheelchair kid (Arty?) He was a phenomenal dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3931652;
    ...Finn and Rachel, lost a lot of pudge compared to when the series started, and he has improved a lot. I still don't like the way she caterwauls some of her notes - it's like nails on a chalkboard...
    Oh, she's annoying as hell! I'm hoping (for the real-person actress's sake) that it's all part of the character/act.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3931652;
    Out of the entire season, though, the Madonna video was a gem, as was the Joss Whedon-directed dance number with the wheelchair kid (Arty?) He was a phenomenal dancer.
    The Madonna episode was my least favourite, at least musically, along with the Burt Bacharach one. I had to fast forward through most of the songs. Haven't seen Joss' episode yet, but I love him so I'm going to love it if it kills me .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just a note, at least where I am they are doing reruns of Glee this summer.

Matthew Morrison and Lea Michelle are performing on the Tony awards tonight in case anyone is interested. I'm not sure when they go on. It was fun to see Kristin Chenoweth in the show opening too.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

They're on now!!

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3932443;
    Matthew Morrison and Lea Michelle are performing on the Tony awards tonight in case anyone is interested. I'm not sure when they go on. It was fun to see Kristin Chenoweth in the show opening too.
    They just started on the East Coast! (about 10:25 pm EST)

Thanks, guys. I'll make sure I'm watching then
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I guess I'm the only one disappointed in the last few episodes? The last 3 episodes just seemed really thrown together. As crazy as it sounds, I thought there was too much music and not enough dialogue. When the show started, I got caught up in the story lines, and enjoyed the musical numbers in between. But the last few weeks just really seemed like mostly music and a little bit of story thrown in the middle. Just me?

Nope -- not just you. I love the show, but not much longer if it becomes too much "Up With People" and not enough dialogue.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread