+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 274 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889129179 ... LastLast
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3929211;
    As I understand it, that's how she got the job. They hired her to teach the Single Ladies dance, then created a character for her.
    Bingo! She's a stellar dancer and is working her chops at being a good singer too.

I was watching a behind the scenes clip for the finale and Finn (Cory) who said " On a scale of 1 to 10, at the beginning of the show I was a 1. Now I'm a 2 1/2". It made me laugh to see how realistic he was!

OK this is the school that hired Terri as a nurse! I don't think they (or the show) really care if Sue has any real credentials or not.

And...this stupid show! I hate it! Made me cry like a little girl in the end, I resisted through the whole entire show but they got me in the end when Sue was all teary eyed. Nothing like seeing the tough character show some heart that gets to me, now give us our Sue back. She has a heart, lets hide it again and it will be our dirty little secret.

Good show, really good. Lots of sloppy storytelling (as has occurred over and over in the second half of the 1st season) but overall I am willing to forgive that because they made me feel so good in the end.

Can't wait for the next season and to see who their rivals will be. I get the feeling that VA will be pretty much off the radar because they all look so much older, they have to be seniors and didn't Rachel allude to that? When she asked Shelby to coach them? Something about VA is old and NB is fresh and young (paraphrased of course).

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;3929201;
    I thought the VA performance was phenomenal and I loved how they tied it in so well with Quinn having the baby. But as I kept watching it, I kept thinking that it isn't a "glee club performance"...you nailed it with "the back-up singers" part. That's just what it felt like.

And I think that Kurt and Tina also sang solos...I was trying to pay attention, and I think that only a couple of kids didn't. (The one that stood out for me was Brittany...I want to hear her sing!)
    I meant just at Regionals - Tina and Kurt sang solos in "To Sir With Love," but not at the competition.

The other problem I have with VA is that their performance seem more like dance performances. Maybe I don't understand what a show choir is, but based on the fact that "choir" is part of the name, I think singing should be the major ingredient in the performance. VA looks great and they dance well, but I haven't been that impressed with them vocally, at least not since they started highlighting Jessie only. Not that I don't like Jonathan Groff, but it's a group performance, not a solo.

I liked Sue softening a bit - she's shown her soft side all season, although usually just to the audience. I hope the moment will come next season when Will finds out that Sue voted for ND to win Regionals. That's too good a secret to keep for long!
    Last edited by Critical; 06-09-2010 at 09:56 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Sue: "it's as barren as me in here, Will LMAO

Now was Sue tearing up because she was so moved or was it because the children actually love and respect Will as their teacher and her Cheerios tolerate and fear her? She actually does love the kids but never shows it.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3929278;
    OK this is the school that hired Terri as a nurse! I don't think they (or the show) really care if Sue has any real credentials or not.
    This is Lima, Ohio. I doubt it matters.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3929415;
    Sue: "it's as barren as me in here, Will LMAO

Now was Sue tearing up because she was so moved or was it because the children actually love and respect Will as their teacher and her Cheerios tolerate and fear her? She actually does love the kids but never shows it.
    Maybe a little bit of both....
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets;3929218;
    Jesse can't be the new coach because Jonathan is going to London to star in Deathtrap.
    How great will he be in that??!!
    Makes me want to run off to London right now!

Personally, I did not love the Vocal Adrenalin perfomance of Bohemian Rhapsody. It seemed to me like "The Jessie Show". I much preferred New Directions' Journey montage, which actually highlighted multiple singers, and had a lot of energy.

I did enjoy seeing a couple SYTYCD alumni in the Vocal Adrenalin line up though!

While I enjoyed the performance of Bohemian Rhapsody, I thought it was a little too 'dirty' for a high school choir. Especially when the girls were laying on the floor, spread eagle and the guys somersaulted through their legs. Yikes!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Jesse is going to college, USC or UCLA, I can't remember. He told Rachel in the "Hello" episode. I've been rewatching them because I'm having withdrawals.

FORT Fogey

Jesse: "I'm going to the University of California in Los Angeles. Have you heard of it? It's in Los Angeles."

+ Reply to Thread