+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 264 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788128178 ... LastLast
Like Tree602Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

I'm just hoping that Shelby & the baby go away next year. I'm done w/ that storyline. Someone suggested maybe Jesse could step up & be VA's coach, since he'll be graduating. Hmmm.......

I teared up last night when Finn was saying that he didn't have a dad before they sang to Shue.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3928944;
    I'm wondering if Quinn and Puck know who adopted the baby. There's been no previous talk of open adoption, etc.
    Wasn't that what she'd been doing with Terri?

I thought the VA performance was good - they're obviously better dancers that ND - BUT, it felt more like Jessie performing with his back-up singers. It wasn't nearly as good as "Rehab" from the first episode. ND does have Finn and Rachel take most of the solos, but they also had Puck and Santana and Mercedes singing solo as well this time.

The Finn "I love you" right before the performance was very sweet. There were so many nice moments in this episode.

The whole Rachel - Shelby thing ticks me off. So what if Rachel is already 16 - can't Shelby try to get to know her NOW? All that "it's too late" business is just stupid. Yes, they lost a lot of years, but they could spend time together now and try to build a relationship. That has annoyed me for a few weeks.

Did anyone else find it weird that Olivia Newton John would come all the way to Lima to redo her "Physical" video with Sue and be so sweet to her and then bash the heck out of her in this episode? I just thought it was inconsistent.

I was crying through most of the episode, but when "To Sir With Love" started, I lost it. I love that song.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3928980;

Did anyone else find it weird that Olivia Newton John would come all the way to Lima to redo her "Physical" video with Sue and be so sweet to her and then bash the heck out of her in this episode? I just thought it was inconsistent.
    Sue was peeved at Olivia Newton John for not giving her a fair percentage of the royalties for the remake of Let's Get Physical. She probably let her have a few "Sue-isms" we didn't see.

Jesse coming back as the VA coach would be all sorts of win to me but the actor has a six-month gig in London so he wouldn't be available till the second half of the season at the earliest.

Although they didn't show it, I think Quinn and Puck gave Shelby the baby to adopt. I don't think they would be unaware that Shelby is the parent. Presumable Shelby is still a teacher even if she is no longer coaching VA, so she still has an income.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I didn't know Brittany was a dancer for Beyonce.

Heather Morris on Playing Glee’s Resident Dummy, Brittany -- Vulture

PWS
    FORT Fogey

??? Wouldn't Jesse have to have a BA... and a teaching credential to be a club coach? He's graduating from high school, not college! And hopefully going on to college to continue his singing training.
    We know he's graduating, right? I think I still have an episode or two to find in my pile of tapes.
    Re the open adoption, right, I'd forgotten that of course she knew who Terri was.
    Re Shelby having a job beyond coaching... again you are right--- I forget that this is just a club for Mr. Shue as well, that supposedly he spends MOST of his time teaching something else!
    But Sue is a full time cheerleading coach, right?

I don't know, PWS. Do football coaches need degrees? Cheerleading coaches? I have no idea. I don't know if Sue actually does anything else beside coach the Cheerios. Maybe she teaches PE too.

CCL - I'd forgotten about Sue telling someone about ONJ stiffing her on the song royalties. It still was just weird though. Maybe it was just that it doesn't seem right for her to be mean!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I thought the VA performance was good - they're obviously better dancers that ND - BUT, it felt more like Jessie performing with his back-up singers. It wasn't nearly as good as "Rehab" from the first episode. ND does have Finn and Rachel take most of the solos, but they also had Puck and Santana and Mercedes singing solo as well this time.
    I thought the VA performance was phenomenal and I loved how they tied it in so well with Quinn having the baby. But as I kept watching it, I kept thinking that it isn't a "glee club performance"...you nailed it with "the back-up singers" part. That's just what it felt like.

And I think that Kurt and Tina also sang solos...I was trying to pay attention, and I think that only a couple of kids didn't. (The one that stood out for me was Brittany...I want to hear her sing!)

I don't know how it works, but here to be a coach and work at the school you have to have a teaching degree. However, you can be a coach and not have a degree as long as there's a staff member who's always present. But you cannot be working and not have some type of teaching/Educational Assitant type degree/certificate.

But that may be very different depending where you are?!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3929017;
    I didn't know Brittany was a dancer for Beyonce.
    As I understand it, that's how she got the job. They hired her to teach the Single Ladies dance, then created a character for her.

Jesse can't be the new coach because Jonathan is going to London to star in Deathtrap.

+ Reply to Thread