+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 274 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687127177 ... LastLast
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;3928562;
    Well last week when they were at Sheets N Things Teri asked Finn how old he was and he said 16. I think that makes them sophomores so it would seem they have a few more years in high school.
    OO! I forgot about that. Sophomores? Hmmm....I would have bought Juniors and that would be stretching it. But 16?

Oh well, the show isn't supposed to be based in reality so I'll go with that.

Thanks for reminding me that they are supposed to be 16, so they have 2 "years" before they have to start worrying about what to do with them graduating high school and since the show has been picked up for 2 more seasons, sort of fits perfectly lol.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3928561;

And.....I had posted that I didn't think they would win, the show is a bit predictable like that. Another thing that I'm sure will happen is that Quinn will go back to being a mean girl who is trying to get back everything she lost, she will ditch Glee and return to being a Sue Jr willing to do anything to get on top of the high school pecking order.

The show needs a new villain, yes Sue is great at that....however....they at some point need to either bring in a dastardly partner (Quinn) or bring on a whole new foe for the Gleesters otherwise Sue loses her impact and becomes ridiculous.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    One of the new characters next year is supposed to be a Christian fundamentalist who will clash with Kurt (over his sexuality) and Rachel (for diva position in Glee). Whether she remains a strident character, or turns into a puddle of mushy goodness like Quinn did in the second half of the season, will have to be seen...

The VA performance was phenomenal. They deserved to win. I love ND but their performances seem to be mostly them grinning to each other while singing...no fireworks (I know you can say that it should be about the singing itself rather than the stage performance but they've clearly shown that not to be the case by who is actually winning the titles). Rachel said they were better because they have heart...well, no, I'd say it was more that they have pluck than heart. But they need to step up their game performance-wise in season 2. Really, the non-competition performances have been more exciting (ie Bad Romance, U Can't Touch This etc) than the competition performances.

Finally....Shelby taking baby Beth was another predictable plot line. Should have saw that coming when they suddenly threw in Rachel's mother into the mix and destroyed the Jesse story to do so. At some point they realized they had to get rid of the baby and so Shelby was created.
    Totally predictable. Apparently to get a baby one just needs to show up at the hospital after an unwed teenager gives birth and presto! baby be yours. It may set up interesting storylines - Shelby doesn't want to act as Rachel's mom but she's just adopted another baby (Rachel might feel like she was not enough for Shelby); Quinn and Rachel are more tightly linked now via Beth - will Quinn soften towards Rachel? etc.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3928609;
    Click to see Spoiler:
    One of the new characters next year is supposed to be a Christian fundamentalist who will clash with Kurt (over his sexuality) and Rachel (for diva position in Glee). Whether she remains a strident character, or turns into a puddle of mushy goodness like Quinn did in the second half of the season, will have to be seen...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Hmmm....on the one hand this is what they should have done instead of trying to make us believe that Finn had a horrible bone in his body.

On the other, this stinks of Very Special Afterschool Message and I am vehemently opposed to the show going that route.

And if I had a third hand (lol) I'd say that I like the idea of this (as long as they stay away from making it preachy) because it gives Kurt more story and could bring Kurt/Finn closer together as well as give the team somebody to hate on other than Rachel since I doubt they would side with somebody who is against Kurt and perhaps bring her into the group (Rachel) as well.

Interesting spoiler, has potential for greatness as well as epic failure. Will be curious to see how it plays out.

I loved the Over the Rainbow! Ever since I heard it on E.R. when Dr. Mark Green died- two completely different situations where the song was used - it still makes me cry. I am sure it has been used on other shows as well; I just can't think of any others right now.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3928609;
    ... Apparently to get a baby one just needs to show up at the hospital after an unwed teenager gives birth and presto! baby be yours.
    Yeah, I noticed that, too. Apparently the inner dialog went something like "I just went to the hospital to visit a friend, but I saw this cute baby in the window and I just couldn't resist!"

I bet when we meet Emma's dentist next year he will be just as ODD as she is, i.e. he will be a perfect match for her.

So, from what I can see our couple scorecard at the end of Season One is:

Rachel - Finn = WIN
    Will - Emma = FAIL
    Curt - Finn = FAIL
    Puck - Quinn = ?
    Tina - Artie = WIN
    Will - Terry = FAIL

What do you think? Who am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3928802;
    Rachel - Finn = WIN
    Will - Emma = FAIL
    Curt - Finn = FAIL
    Puck - Quinn = ?
    Tina - Artie = WIN
    Will - Terry = FAIL

Britney - Entire Male Student Body = Win
    Britney - Kurt = ?
    Santana - Puck = Win/Fail?
    Santana - Finn = Fail
    Santana - Britney = Win

re: Shelby adopting Beth - I was kind of thinking that perhaps she talked Quinn into it while they were at the hospital. If the birth parents agree to an adopting parent, isn't the whole process simpler and smoother? Sign the papers and there you go.

Quite frankly, I was more impressed by Quinn's immediate return to school and her amazingly fast labor. All I could think during the birth scene was "wow! She sure is progressing fast for a first labor!!" I know some women go quickly but it is really not typical for a first timer. And then, my thoughts during the "To Sir, With Love" song was "how in heck is Quinn sitting on that stool without crying in pain and/or using an inflatable donut?"

Floved the ILY from Finn to Rachel. I actually kinda liked Finn this ep.

And yay! Mike and Harry finally get line(s).

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3928802;
    Yeah, I noticed that, too. Apparently the inner dialog went something like "I just went to the hospital to visit a friend, but I saw this cute baby in the window and I just couldn't resist!"

I bet when we meet Emma's dentist next year he will be just as ODD as she is, i.e. he will be a perfect match for her.

So, from what I can see our couple scorecard at the end of Season One is:

Rachel - Finn = WIN
    Will - Emma = FAIL
    Curt - Finn = FAIL
    Puck - Quinn = ?
    Tina - Artie = WIN
    Will - Terry = FAIL

Regarding Emma's Dentist
    Click to see Spoiler:
    John Stamos has signed on for a recurring role next season and is rumored to be playing a dentist. If he looses Emma to Will that could bring him in as one of the villans

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm wondering if Quinn and Puck know who adopted the baby. There's been no previous talk of open adoption, etc. I wonder if one reason Rachel's bio mom wanted that baby was that the baby was the child of two singers... And if she's tired of being a glee club coach how does she plan to support herself and the child? I must say she was well cast looks wise though---really looks related to Rachel.
    And yeah, if I were Rachel....all this talk of needing to start over with a family to fulfill herself and how it is "too late" with Rachel. Come on! Rachel is either 15 or 16, depending on when her birthday is if she's also a sophomore. Hardly "too late" to develop a relationship with a child who so clearly wants one. Not exactly mom material there.
    And even IF the birth mom agrees the timing is way to fast, but then that would require a reality base.
    Lots of Kleenex last night. To Sir, Rainbow....sniffle.
    Pretty brave of Olivia N-J to play such an egocentric version of herself!
    Yay, Finn... He's even seeming slightly (very slightly) less dumb....

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3928839;
    Britney - Entire Male Student Body = Win
    Britney - Kurt = ?
    Santana - Puck = Win/Fail?
    Santana - Finn = Fail
    Santana - Britney = Win
    LOVE it! That just cracked me up!

Thanks Unk for posting the link to Somewhere Over The Rainbow
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread