+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 266 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586126176 ... LastLast
Like Tree617Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

This was the best episode ever. I loved how it layered storylines...I thought they did a great job on that.

And I absolutely loved every part of it. (Well, except that one part kinda in the middle, but...)

FORT Fogey

Bohemian Rhapsody

What an incredible tour de force of music, writing, editing, choreography, direction and performance! Each lyric of the song, enhanced the scene in the hospital; and each shot in the hospital layered new intensity on the VA performance. The whole thing was so intense, it would be easy to overlook Jonathon Groff's amazing performance - which would have stolen the whole show if the number had been conceived in any other way. There was more work put in to that ten minute segment than in most half hour sitcoms.

This show is already a hit; it has wonderful singers and can easily get by on tangentially related feel-good group numbers. They don't have to work this hard. But tonight they reached for something extraordinary. I hope this is a promise of what is ahead for the second season.

Update: You know what this number reminded me of? The opening of the movie Chicago where they used the number All That Jazz to cut back and forth between the music on the stage and the real life story that sets the plot in motion.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 06-08-2010 at 11:30 PM.

FORT Fogey

Hmmm... just checked my Twitter feed. While Emma was talking about her new dentist boyfriend, John Stamos sent out this tweet:

there's nowhere in the world i'd rather be than on GLEE next season John Stamos To Join Fox’s ‘Glee’ – Deadline.com/

I was joking around with my sisters that I had a "glee-gasm."

It was by far the best episode of the season.

Topcat, funny enough, Ryan Murphy wanted to model the musical style of Glee after the musical Chicago. He wanted the musical scenes to be a kind of "escape" from reality, much like what happens in the musical.

TopCat, this was the second season. Can't wait for the third. I hope John Stamos isn't gonna be palying the dentist boyfriend, he's was too hot for Emma...maybe he'll be the now coach for VA. Still hoping for a Michael Jackson episode!

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife;3928419;
    TopCat, this was the second season. Can't wait for the third. I hope John Stamos isn't gonna be palying the dentist boyfriend, he's was too hot for Emma...maybe he'll be the now coach for VA. Still hoping for a Michael Jackson episode!
    This was only the first season.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3928426;
    This was only the first season.
    Yep....Season one, divided up in two parts. So it seems like two seasons.

The pilot episode of the show was broadcast after American Idol on May 19, 2009, and the first season began airing on September 9, 2009. On September 21, 2009, Fox officially gave the series a full-season pick-up. Glee aired its mid-season finale on December 9, 2009 and returned from a four-month hiatus on April 13, 2010, picking up the remaining nine episodes of the season. The spring premiere had an estimated 13.7 million viewers, nearly doubling in followers on its return. It was renewed for a second season which will feature three new cast members. On May 23, 2010, it was announced that Glee was already picked up for a third season.[1]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glee_(TV_series)

So Season two starts this fall and we definitely get a season 3...yay!

Tonights episode was sooooo good! Jane Lynch makes the whole show. I loved her to bits tonight. When she got offended by what they were saying about Will's kids, then when she teared up when they were singing to him ...but my favorite part was when she told him he had another year. She was insulting him, but you could tell her heart wasn't in it at the moment. She wasn't fiery about it....It seemed more like she was ragging on him because it was expected...not because she wanted to. Well, until he wouldn't let go of her hand...then she put some snark into it...lol. Her delivery was perfect. Give that woman an Emmy already! Don't even bother nominating anyone else. Jane is in a league of her own.

Also deserving of mention...when the kids were telling Will what they had gained from being taught by him. I had tears running down my face. And can we have Will and Puck sing together more often? Their voices meshed wonderfully on that song. I've heard it done numerous times but I have to say...this is my favorite. It was beautiful.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3928462;
    So Season two starts this fall and we definitely get a season 3...yay!
    Aren't they all seniors now? Will they take this show to college or replace the seniors with new characters? They are bringing on new characters. Or will they go the route of so many high school shows and hope we don't notice that they've been seniors for 3 years.

This show....it's awesome and awful all at the same time and I sort of love it for that.

The awesome is the singing, the camp, the complete suspension of reality.

The awful is when they try to tell stories and jump head first into "Very Special Afterschool Message" waters.

I hope that next season they completely ditch the stories and messages and instead focus on the fantasy because that is what I love about this show.

And.....I had posted that I didn't think they would win, the show is a bit predictable like that. Another thing that I'm sure will happen is that Quinn will go back to being a mean girl who is trying to get back everything she lost, she will ditch Glee and return to being a Sue Jr willing to do anything to get on top of the high school pecking order.

The show needs a new villain, yes Sue is great at that....however....they at some point need to either bring in a dastardly partner (Quinn) or bring on a whole new foe for the Gleesters otherwise Sue loses her impact and becomes ridiculous.

Finally....Shelby taking baby Beth was another predictable plot line. Should have saw that coming when they suddenly threw in Rachel's mother into the mix and destroyed the Jesse story to do so. At some point they realized they had to get rid of the baby and so Shelby was created.

OH...and about Stamos possibly joining....anybody else remember him from General Hospital as Blackie Parrish? Or Uncle Jessie on Full House? So will he be a singing dentist? Let's hope so because Blackie was one of my first celebrity crushes lol.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 06-09-2010 at 07:16 AM.

[QUOTE=Harmony2000;3928561;]Aren't they all seniors now? Will they take this show to college or replace the seniors with new characters? They are bringing on new characters. Or will they go the route of so many high school shows and hope we don't notice that they've been seniors for 3 years.

Well last week when they were at Sheets N Things Teri asked Finn how old he was and he said 16. I think that makes them sophomores so it would seem they have a few more years in high school.

+ Reply to Thread