+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 274 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123173 ... LastLast
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;3921831;
    We need more Britney! Did she even have one line in this episode?!
    Yes, she did. When Sue was at home and all the Cheerios were in distress, she was chasing after Jacob, pleading with him, "Please! Let me go out with you!" Oh.... and she also had her uniform on backwards after that. Britney always manages to crack me up.

Brittany is hands down my favorite part of this show. I love the show, but she is the best part of it. I 'liked'/'became a fan of'/whatever they are calling it these days on facebook a group called ""When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist" - Brittany - GLEE" and they have all kinds of videos called "the wit and wisdom of Brittany" As funny as she is when one line gets thrown in, seeing them all together cracks me up.
    Wag more, bark less

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632;3922400;
    Brittany is hands down my favorite part of this show. I love the show, but she is the best part of it. I 'liked'/'became a fan of'/whatever they are calling it these days on facebook a group called ""When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist" - Brittany - GLEE" and they have all kinds of videos called "the wit and wisdom of Brittany" As funny as she is when one line gets thrown in, seeing them all together cracks me up.
    Oh, this is beyond amazing! Brittany's one liners are the best. I'm glad that she and Santana are getting more screen time. Now if we could just get to know the other football players.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3922058;
    JavaJo, I'm with you. Jesse definitely looked torn last night and Rachel looked thoroughly confused and heartbroken. I still haven't seen the previous week's DVRd episode (I can't believe it myself, I'm sorry!) so I had assumed something had happened last week. I see from you guys that nothing did so I'm left wishing there would have been one scene, at least, where Jesse explained why he went back to VA. He could have done it sarcastically, I don't care... but something.

(
    They actually switched the order of the episodes aired - this week's episode was supposed to air before last week's Gaga episode - so it wouldn't have mattered if you'd seen it or not. Jesse might have looked a bit torn, and I don't need to be hit over the head with explanations on what's happening, but a little (heck, a lot more than what was shown) exposition would have helped the Jesse storyline.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3922506;
    They actually switched the order of the episodes aired - this week's episode was supposed to air before last week's Gaga episode - so it wouldn't have mattered if you'd seen it or not. Jesse might have looked a bit torn, and I don't need to be hit over the head with explanations on what's happening, but a little (heck, a lot more than what was shown) exposition would have helped the Jesse storyline.
    Why does Fox do stuff like that? They pulled the same crap with Firefly and it's one of the reasons the show didn't get the ratings it deserved - they ran the pilot episode (which explained everything) third because they thought viewers would rather just jump right in and see some action.

Glee is in no danger of being canceled and they certainly didn't need to "up" viewership, so I fail to see why shuffling the episodes was a good idea. Yes, the Jessie SL was a bit weak there at the end, but it seemed even weaker with the episodes run out of order.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

But last week's episode was where Rachel learned who her mother was, with Jesse's help (pushing her, dropping the tape in the box, etc.). I don't think flipping the episodes would have helped (and would have been even weirder to me...first he goes back to Vocal Adrenaline and eggs Rachel, and then he ends up in her room helping her find clues to her mom?).

It plays to me like an episode got dropped...the one where Jesse's job pushing Rachel to find her mom is finished, so he goes back to VA, and then VA taunts ND. (No idea what the other storylines would have been for that episode, although it would have been nice to see more interaction with Quinn and Puck's family to explain the "funk", not to mention some kind of follow-up to Finn's and Curt's dilemma with the basement bedroom.)

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;3922809;
    But last week's episode was where Rachel learned who her mother was, with Jesse's help (pushing her, dropping the tape in the box, etc.). I don't think flipping the episodes would have helped (and would have been even weirder to me...first he goes back to Vocal Adrenaline and eggs Rachel, and then he ends up in her room helping her find clues to her mom?).

It plays to me like an episode got dropped...the one where Jesse's job pushing Rachel to find her mom is finished, so he goes back to VA, and then VA taunts ND. (No idea what the other storylines would have been for that episode, although it would have been nice to see more interaction with Quinn and Puck's family to explain the "funk", not to mention some kind of follow-up to Finn's and Curt's dilemma with the basement bedroom.)
    Last week was when she confronted Shelby, but the week before was when Jessie made Rachel listen to the tape and when he talked to Shelby in her car. This week's episode should have run between the one where she listened to the tape and the one where she and Shelby met. I still see your point though - it was disjointed no matter what they did. Just a few quick scenes would have solved that problem. Makes you wonder if anything was cut for time.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I knew I'd read somewhere that they switched the episodes. I assume they did it so the Lady Gaga episode would air during May sweeps. Ad revenues can never be too high after all. But yeah, the Jesse resolution was a bit of a mess no matter what order the episodes were in.

And I just realized I didn't even download any of this week's songs. That's never happened before.

I thought this blog made some really good points about the Finn-Kurt debacle of a few weeks ago: Scott Mendelson: Why Glee's 'Breakthrough Gay Scene' Fails as a Teachable Moment

Last week was when she confronted Shelby, but the week before was when Jessie made Rachel listen to the tape and when he talked to Shelby in her car. This week's episode should have run between the one where she listened to the tape and the one where she and Shelby met. I still see your point though - it was disjointed no matter what they did. Just a few quick scenes would have solved that problem. Makes you wonder if anything was cut for time.
    Oh, right. Thanks :-) (I merged the two episodes, as you figured out.)

And yeah, still disjointed. As an editor, I can never figure out why TV shows don't have someone like me watching to catch these things :-)

+ Reply to Thread