+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 273 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118168 ... LastLast
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

Best things about this episode:
    • Kurt's dad's speech to Finn. Awesome acting and writing
    • Idina singing Barbra
    • Puck singing "Beth"
    • Finn in a red rubber evening gown! (or whatever that was!)
    Meh things
    • Lea/Idina duet on Poker Face (too slow and wierd song choice IMO)
    • The Kiss performance
    Best Line: "What's your problem? It's just a moist towelette!!!"

My overall feelings regarding the Kurt/Finn situation is that while it was wrong of Finn to act out at Kurt the way he did, I can't really blame him because of the way the parents handled things. The moving in together was sprung on him out of the blue and in a way in which he wasn't able to react and process his initial feelings. And as if asking a teen to move out of the home he's known his whole life wasn't stressful enough, the expectation that he would be sharing a bedroom with another and then putting him in yet another uncomfortable situation was more than he could take and he broke and let it out on Kurt. I thought the things Kurt's dad said were true and necessary but I also think both parents failed to take into account the feelings of both their sons when making such a major life decision.

CCL

Glee is moving into a "very special episode of Blossom" territory for me. That said, there were two parts of the episode that I quite enjoyed:

The Finn/Kurt/Burt scene - I could see where Finn was coming from (as others have noted) but then he went too far with his comments. The scene was very well acted by all parties.

The Poker Face song - I didn't even recognize the song at first. I liked how they transformed the song versus just copying the original (a la Bad Romance). Loved it.

I didn't get a preview - can someone share what is happening next episode?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3909233;
    Glee is the cover story in the new Entertainment Weekly (Sue Sylvester is on the cover).
    Last week, I noticed how great a dancer Brittney is. Read the article and learned that she was in the Put a Ring on It video. It was such a great article.

Loved this weeks episode, although I do hope they add more depth to the Rachel & mom storyline.

Loved Beth, but knew it was coming as soon as they performed Kiss and had the Jackie Daniels conversation.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3914354;
    The Finn/Kurt/Burt scene - I could see where Finn was coming from (as others have noted) but then he went too far with his comments. The scene was very well acted by all parties.

The Poker Face song - I didn't even recognize the song at first. I liked how they transformed the song versus just copying the original (a la Bad Romance). Loved it.

I didn't get a preview - can someone share what is happening next episode?
    I also loved the Finn/Kurt/Burt scene. Kurt and Finn are still learning how to deal with each other and both have some growing up to do, but Burt's speech was right on the money and it gave Finn an opportunity for personal growth.

I wasn't a big fan of the Poker Face performance. The singing was excellent, I just don't care for it slowed down that much.

To me the preview was a lot of disjointed snippets that all looked really interesting. The two that really caught my attention were the reappearance of Terri and Will singing seductively to Sue!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3914358;
    Last week, I noticed how great a dancer Brittney is. Read the article and learned that she was in the Put a Ring on It video. It was such a great article.
    I don't thing she was in the Single Ladies video. Both of the backup dancers in the video look non-Caucasian. However, she has been a backup dancer for the song in stage performances with Beyonce. She really is very good!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3914358;
    Like ClosetRTWatcher mentioned, she wasn't in the video - she was on tour with Beyonce. She got the job on Glee after they had her come in to teach the "Single Ladies" dance and they liked her so much they gave her a part.

I thought Burt's speech was good, but like MiaT2 pointed out, both parents failed to take Finn's feelings (and Kurt's) into account before they sprung that move on him. I thought that was pretty unfair.

The main thing I got from the preview is Jessie back with Vocal Adrenaline. We knew it would happen, but it still stinks. Now that he's spent all that time at McKinley and knows their numbers, they'll have to change everything for regionals, of course. Oh, and Terri is back next week () and maybe hitting on Finn!

I read an interview with Idina about next season and she doesn't know anything, but says she would love to come back! I love Kristin, but I think Idina's character makes more sense as a regular guest on the show. Also, I happen to think she's a better TV actor than Kristin - she's just more natural.

One of my favorite lines came from Tina, dressed in that big, gray hoodie: "I feel like an Asian Branch Davidian."
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Maybe they won't have to change any of their numbers. After all, Rachels mother is the director and I don't see her hurting Rachel. I could be wrong but I just don't see it.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

She did tell Rachel she wouldn't go easy on her at Regionals though, so I think she'll do whatever it takes to win.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

just for those that hadnt heard it GaGa actually did Poker face that slow for a rapper (lupe fiasco if anyone is interested in looking it up) The first time I heard it I loved it!!

And I read somewhere about Brittney that they hired her to teach the ring on it dance and then decided to put her in the cast, which i think is pretty cool!
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3914166;

I share the love of Curt's dad, although I don't think Finn was completely in the wrong. Curt doesn't seem to get it that Finn is never going to like him that way (he may know it intellectually, but he keeps hoping in his heart) AND that Finn is not into the same stuff he's into style-wise. That redecorated room looked like a bordello. Just because Finn may not be completely comfortable with sharing a room with Curt doesn't mean he's a homophobe - he's a 16-year old boy in a Midwestern high school, which isn't exactly a bastion of gay acceptance....or acceptance of anything outside the "norm." Finn's making progress, but he's not there yet.
    I was thinking about that too. I really enjoyed what Kurt's dad was saying because I think Finn needed to hear it. However, I also think Kurt needs a touch of a wake up call as well. What he was doing was quite distressing to Finn. Sure he didn't handle it well, at all, but we really couldn't expect him to sit there and take it either. Hopefully this will all lead to a happier household.

AmyKay, The song you are thinking of is called "Make her say" by Kid Cudi.
    The song contains a vocal sample of an acoustic version of "Poker Face" from The Cherrytree Sessions EP by Lady Gaga
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread