+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 274 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677117167 ... LastLast
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

Our Ohio schools rock, that's why. Crystal is proof of that!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I'm sure I sound like a broken record but I looooove Kurt's Dad.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

That was a great speech by Kurt's dad. I was so proud of him for saying that.
    To be truly honest though, I was a little underwhelmed by the episode in terms of the "Gaganess" of it.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3913893;
    To be truly honest though, I was a little underwhelmed by the episode in terms of the "Gaganess" of it.
    I know! I was expecting at least one other Gaga song too! But I loooove "Beth", it's easily my favorite Kiss song....I knew as soon as soon as Puck said he wanted to talk to Quinn first that was going be the song. And the way he looked at her....my suddenly retro tween heart just sighed And yes I agree, the scenes with Kurt's dad were, as always, phenomenal! I missed Sue tonight...but by the looks of next weeks previews, she'll be back in rare form!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Despite the lack of Gaga-ness in it, this was probably one of my favorite episodes! I laughed, I cried, I got mad, and my jaw dropped.

I thought they would do more GAGA! That's all they've advertised this week is the "GAGA" episode, they never even mentioned the Kiss part, LOL. I'm so glad Kurt's dad stood up for him, I just wish he had given him a hug afterward, instead of just walking away. Where was Jessie tonight?

I love the Lady Gaga bits... and this is easily my favorite episode by far...

but I really feel that the whole Kurt/Finn storyline was a bit...unfair in my opinion. I completely see where Finn is on this issue, and it's not about homosexuality vs heterosexuality in my opinion, but the idea of sexual harassment. Finn is a straight man, and obviously uncomfortable with the situation with Kurt. Now calling Kurt's taste in furniture "faggy" might've been much, but I understand that he obviously felt strained and awkward by the whole situation regardless of Kurt's intentions. And I think Kurt imposing his lifestyle on Finn was overkill. I know personally I would never impose my sexuality on someone unless they reciprocated and I know I wouldn't want attention from someone that I didn't feel comfortable with either. I just think the whole aspect of that storyline was messy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3914091;
    I love the Lady Gaga bits... and this is easily my favorite episode by far...

but I really feel that the whole Kurt/Finn storyline was a bit...unfair in my opinion. I completely see where Finn is on this issue, and it's not about homosexuality vs heterosexuality in my opinion, but the idea of sexual harassment...
    I agree with everything you say... but I thought it added extra layers to it. Finn's intentions were not out of line - he was trying to say he didn't like the furniture - which is perfectly acceptable. But calling it "faggy".. the word has power associated with harassment. Finn needed to understand that that word is part and parcel of the same kind of harassment that he was experiencing. The fact that Finn didn't intend to diss Curt personally added an extra dimension. It was messy in a way that TV rarely lets itself be. And Curt really hasn't gotten called out on his mixed motives.

But it's a series - Curt's day of reckoning will surely come. Not everything has to be tied up at the end of each episode.

FORT Fogey

And on another topic - how about Idina Menzel doing Funny Girl, for like NO REASON. But it was mesmerizing.

Favorite line:

"We live in Ohio, not in New York or San Francisco or some other city where people eat vegetables that aren't fried."

I also like how they drew the parallel between outlandishness of KISS in the 70's and Gaga today. It's not all that new!

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3914153;
    And on another topic - how about Idina Menzel doing Funny Girl, for like NO REASON. But it was mesmerizing.
    She's an absolute star. She and Lea singing together gave me goosebumps....and made me cry.
    "We live in Ohio, not in New York or San Francisco or some other city where people eat vegetables that aren't fried."
    I loved that line too!

The previews for next week look great! Looks like Jessie is the creep we thought he was. I think Rachel will be strong enough to deal with it though.

Principal Figgins believing in vampires = I had to snicker at the Twihards at the beginning of the show.

I wonder if we'll ever see more of Rachel's dads than that one picture.

I share the love of Curt's dad, although I don't think Finn was completely in the wrong. Curt doesn't seem to get it that Finn is never going to like him that way (he may know it intellectually, but he keeps hoping in his heart) AND that Finn is not into the same stuff he's into style-wise. That redecorated room looked like a bordello. Just because Finn may not be completely comfortable with sharing a room with Curt doesn't mean he's a homophobe - he's a 16-year old boy in a Midwestern high school, which isn't exactly a bastion of gay acceptance....or acceptance of anything outside the "norm." Finn's making progress, but he's not there yet.

When Finn stepped out in that red shower curtain = That was awesome!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread