+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 274 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115165 ... LastLast
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

Well, I was bawling like a baby by the end of the first line of I Dreamed a Dream. Holy Cow what a song, what a voice, what a duet! To me that was the crowing achievement of the season. As TopCat said - Just end the season now.

My second fave part of the episode was the Safety Dance. Artie and the dancing was so cool.

NPH was a great guest star. I thought only chicks got drunk and sang in bars but I guess guys can too. And I thought Matthew Morrison looked especially sexy during the Dream On performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3907700;
    To summarize: Joss Whedon directs Neil Patrick Harris on an episode of Glee which features an Idina/Lea duet, cameos by Molly Shannon and John Michael Higgins (how funny was that support group scene!?) AND a Matthew and NPH duet of "Dream On," which is probably my favorite Aerosmith song ever....not to mention the fantasy sequence with Artie walking! I think my head just exploded!

OF COURSE Rachel thinks her mother could be Patty Lupone or Bernadette Peters!

I loved seeing John Michael Higgins if only for a few minutes. He and Jane Lynch were probably my favorite thing about A Mighty Wind and he had my favorite line in the whole movie: "There was abuse in my family, but it was mostly musical in nature."

Next week's episode looks incredible!

ETA: I thought Joss did an incredible job, although I'm totally biased - I think he's a genius. I've been watching episodes of Buffy on Logo and, in an odd coincidence, the episode tonight is "Once More, With Feeling."
    I have to echo your comments. I had seen that Joss Whedon was a "gleek," and was happy to see his name in the opening credits. I almost wish he had "buffied" the episode, like he did with The Office. I'll take NPH, but thought Spike/James Marsters (sp) would have worked too. "Once More, With Feeling" is in my top 2 Buffy's (Hush is the other). Loved him in that- he has such a great voice.

Too bad they already had a Defying Gravity episode. I have a sneaking suspicion that Idina's character is going to be a sham and Rachels mom will turn out to be Sue Sylvester.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

CCL

I was disappointed with the episode. I had high hopes considering that Joss Whedon was directing but the episode overall just felt meh...it didn't have the wit and sparkle that I expect from Joss. There were parts I liked - Artie's dance & Lea and Idina's duet (Les Mis fan!)...on to the next episode.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Oh - one other tiny thing I really liked about the ep - How Brian Ryan was the cool dude in HS and the one girl he couldn't snag was the one that Will ended up marrying. Ha! Take that cool dude!! And the early 90s faux-mullet on NPH and the clothing really brought back the ol' HS memories. Fantabulous.

I LOVED how they filmed Artie's dance scene as a "flash dance mob" I love watching those on Youtube. It was a fantastic episode
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3907979;
    I LOVED how they filmed Artie's dance scene as a "flash dance mob" I love watching those on Youtube. It was a fantastic episode
    I loved that, as well. I think the actor does a great job because my husband had to ask me if the kid is really in a wheelchair...lol. It was so weird seeing him up on his feet, but it was nice to watch him dance. And poor Emma having to deliver the bad news
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I loved last night's episode. Dream On was my favourite.. until Artie's daydream came along. Then that tied for my favourite. I thought it was all around great. My only "complaint" is that the background cast was not featured enough! There are so many talented people in that cast that I wish they'd spread the wealth just a little bit more.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I thought it couldn't get any better than the 'Dream On' duet until I heard Idina and Lea sing "I Dreamed the Dream" -- talk about goosebumps!! THIS is why I watch Glee...it takes me to my happy place.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I adored this episode. The Dream On number was great, but I especially loved Artie's Safety Dance!! That kid is a great actor, I actually looked him up during the first season to see if he really was in a wheelchair or not. They also really nerd him up for this show - I think he looks completely different in his real life.

CCL

Glee is the cover story in the new Entertainment Weekly (Sue Sylvester is on the cover).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread