+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 273 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161 ... LastLast
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3894443;
    Olivia Newton John has had some bad plastic surgery. It's so unfair. If a man gets older, he becomes 'distinguished.' Female stars are not given that leeway and apparently feel pressed to have surgery done.
    Agreed!! It was really distracting. It kills me when otherwise beautiful women feel the need to mess with their face...Meg Ryan, Heather Locklear - and ONJ -...they were ageing beautifully, why mess with a good thing??

I agree with the other posters about last night's music, Iloved it!! OMG Run, Joey, Run? It doesn't get get any more cheese-tastically 70's than that! And I really enjoyed the finale song "Total Eclipse of the Heart." Almost seems like Jesse really does like Rachel....they must be lulling us into a false sense of security
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

NOt 100% sure my info is correct, although I have no reason to doubt my source:

Looks like JOSH GROBAN will re-appear in the season finale.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3896731;
    NOt 100% sure my info is correct, although I have no reason to doubt my source:

Looks like JOSH GROBAN will re-appear in the season finale.
    Josh himself has said he will appear in the season finale through his twitter page that he keeps for stalkers such as myself, lol.

Click to see Spoiler:
    As far as I have heard, he will be one of the judges for Regionals. What I am not 100% sure of is if this is another character or if this is the same "Josh Groban" we met in the episode "Acafellas". I sure hope it is because that was hi-larious.

FORT Fogey

Finn sings Jesse's Girl!!!!

(I figured he'd get around to it.)

So many great one-liners.. oh Glee you never disappoint. Even your less than amazing episodes are still miles above other shows!

FORT Fogey

OMG! Kurt sings Rose's Turn! This show is KILLING ME!

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3900402;
    OMG! Kurt sings Rose's Turn! This show is KILLING ME!
    That was epic.

Also, I knew the moment I heard Rachel's boyfriend was named Jesse St. James that we would hear Finn singing "Jesse's Girl."

(I didn't know it would be quite so creepy though.)

I am totally not feeling this season, to much music and not enough of a story line. Whoever the guy is who plays Jesse has an awesome voice. I wish they would let him sing more and less of "Finn"
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

The only thing wrong with this episode? Not enough Sue
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by taracran;3900489;
    I am totally not feeling this season, to much music and not enough of a story line. Whoever the guy is who plays Jesse has an awesome voice. I wish they would let him sing more and less of "Finn"
    Since this is the first season, I'll assume you mean this half of the season.

Next week looks really good! Neil Patrick Harris and Matthew Morrison singing "Dream On" =

So maybe Jessie wasn't getting close to Rachel to sink New Directions. Maybe he was doing it to get close to her for Shelby, who knows she's Rachel's mother.

Linking this article here, since there's enough of a Glee tie-in. If I didn't already love Kristin Chenoweth, this would have done it [letter to the editor in response to a Newsweek article]:
    As a longtime fan of Newsweek and as the actress currently starring opposite the incredibly talented (and sexy!) Sean Hayes in the Broadway revival of ‘Promises, Promises,’ I was shocked on many levels to see Newsweek publishing Ramin Setoodeh’s horrendously homophobic ‘Straight Jacket,’ which argues that gay actors are simply unfit to play straight. From where I stand, on stage, with Hayes, every night — I’ve observed nothing “wooden” or “weird” in his performance, nor have I noticed the seemingly unwieldy presence of a ‘pink elephant’ in the Broadway Theater. (The Drama League, Outer Critics Circle and Tony members must have also missed that large animal when nominating Hayes’ performance for its highest honors this year.) I’d normally keep silent on such matters and write such small-minded viewpoints off as perhaps a blip in common sense. But the offense I take to this article, and your decision to publish it, is not really even related to my profession or my work with Hayes or Jonathan Groff (also singled out in the article as too ‘queeny’ to play ‘straight.’) This article offends me because I am a human being, a woman and a Christian. For example, there was a time when Jewish actors had to change their names because anti-Semites thought no Jew could convincingly play Gentile. Setoodeh even goes so far as to justify his knee-jerk homophobic reaction to gay actors by accepting and endorsing that ‘as viewers, we are molded by a society obsessed with dissecting sexuality, starting with the locker room torture in junior high school.’ Really? We want to maintain and proliferate the same kind of bullying that makes children cry and in some recent cases have even taken their own lives? That’s so sad, Newsweek! The examples he provides (what scientists call ‘selection bias’) to prove his ‘gays can’t play straight’ hypothesis are sloppy in my opinion. Come on now! Openly gay Groff is too ‘queeny’ to play Lea Michele’s boyfriend in Glee, but is a ‘heartthrob’ when he does it in Spring Awakening? Cynthia Nixon only ‘got away with it’ ‘cause she peaked before coming out? I don’t know if you’ve missed the giant Sex and the City movie posters, but it seems most of America is ‘buying it.’ I could go on, but I assume these will be taken care of in your ‘Corrections’ this week.

Similarly, thousands of people have traveled from all over the world to enjoy Hayes’ performance and don’t seem to have one single issue with his sexuality! They have no problem buying him as a love-torn heterosexual man. Audiences aren’t giving a darn about who a person is sleeping with or his personal life. Give me a break! We’re actors first, whether we’re playing prostitutes, baseball players, or the Lion King. Audiences come to theater to go on a journey. It’s a character and it’s called acting, and I’d put Hayes and his brilliance up there with some of the greatest actors period. 
Lastly, as someone who’s been proudly advocating for equal rights and supporting GLBT causes for as long as I can remember, I know how much it means to young people struggling with their sexuality to see out & proud actors like Sean Hayes, Jonathan Groff, Neil Patrick Harris and Cynthia Nixon succeeding in their work without having to keep their sexuality a secret. No one needs to see a bigoted, factually inaccurate article that tells people who deviate from heterosexual norms that they can’t be open about who they are and still achieve their dreams. I am told on good authority that Mr. Setoodeh is a gay man himself and I would hope, as the author of this article, he would at least understand that. I encourage Newsweek to embrace stories which promote acceptance, love, unity and singing and dancing for all!
    Kristin Chenoweth Attacks Newsweek Article on Openly Gay Actors | Movieline

ETA: It was actually in the comments section of the article online: From 'Glee' to 'Promises, Promises' - Newsweek.com She wasn't the only one who took issue.
    Last edited by Critical; 05-12-2010 at 01:15 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread