+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 274 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159 ... LastLast
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3888577;
    Will April be in anymore epi's or was her appearance just one time?
    Well... this is her second appearance. So I think we can expect many more.

What a wonderful episode last night - loved it! Definitely one of my favorites! I too cried (more than once ). Kurt's singing "A House is not a Home" was simply beautiful. I missed Rachel singing (I guess I'm in the minority there) but it was great to hear some of the others get a chance to shine. I hope they give another song to Arnie - I really like his voice as well. For me, this episode had everything I love about Glee...really funny one liners (I'm sorry, no matter how many times it ran in commercials "I think my cat may be reading my diary" still cracks me up ), great music (though this wasn't my favorite musically), and some very touching moments. Mercedes/Quinn, Finn/Kurt's dad...and the look on Kurt's face when he saw them talking sports at the end, with Kurt's dad sitting in Finn's dad's chair. And Kurt's line..."but I'm a guy" . Any show that has me laughing, crying and singing all in the same hour...well, it's "Glee". Love it.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3888389;
    What was the last song that Kristin sang?
    It was originally done by Dianna Ross from "The Wiz". Not sure but I think the name of it is "Home"

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3888613;
    I hope they give another song to Arnie - I really like his voice as well. .
    Click to see Spoiler:
    You are in luck. Read a spoiler that said Arnie has a dream or imagines that he can walk (and dance) and he gets to shake his booty! I'm sure he'll be singing, as well!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife;3888713;
    It was originally done by Dianna Ross from "The Wiz". Not sure but I think the name of it is "Home"
    It is "Home." April did say she wanted to mount an all-white production of The Wiz!

So, when the regionals come along, who will Jesse be singing with? I think it's only a matter of time before he's outed as a spy. We know Idina will be back on at least one more episode, so I think that'll probably be the episode when Rachel finds out Jesse is playing her.

I've been watching the behind the episode videos on the official site and they're really good. I had no idea that Amber Riley's mom was in the choir for the "Like a Prayer" number. They actually have a moment in the episode where they're dancing together. So cool! I'm going to have to go back and watch it again now.

momrek06 - definitely go watch the previous few episodes that are still available on Hulu. "Sectionals" and "The Power of Madonna" are two of the best and they're both still up.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mercedes was amazing while singing Beautiful. It was just so perfect, but some of the other moments in the show weren't my favourite. However the good far outweighs what wasn't my favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3888855;
    It is "Home." April did say she wanted to mount an all-white production of The Wiz!
    OMG, that line flew right by me! And she was in Wicked, which brings the whole Wizard of Oz connection full circle.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3888855;

momrek06 - definitely go watch the previous few episodes that are still available on Hulu. "Sectionals" and "The Power of Madonna" are two of the best and they're both still up.
    Talking to my DS today, he said this epi is AMAZING and the GLEE album of the Madonna hits is selling like CRAZY!!!!
    KAREN

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3889245;
    Talking to my DS today, he said this epi is AMAZING and the GLEE album of the Madonna hits is selling like CRAZY!!!!
    Well it is #1 right now
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

I have to say that "Home" is not a great episode for me. It was OK, and the music was entertaining, but there were some flaws.
    • The April character is dead end story line. She's only there because they wanted to work with Kristen again. She's funny and talented, but she's committed to Promises, Promises on Broadway for the foreseeable future - so no more April until at least the second half of next year. So April enters and leaves, and does not advance Will's storyline.
    • One Less Bell to Answer / A House is Not a Home by April and Will was interminably long, and could have been replaced with a scene that lasted about 20 seconds. I love hearing them sing, but this is not a variety show. I'll give them some latitude if they want to tack a not-all-that-related song on to the end of an episode, but stopping the plot for five minutes in the middle of the show just to let Kristen and Matthew sing kills the momentum.
    • What's happening with Rachel and Jesse? They started this central plot line and they have now left it for two episodes.

+ Reply to Thread