+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 274 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    MS - I have no idea how they would write a scene for Kristin and Idina, but I'd love to see them do it! Maybe they'll both fight over Will!
    Ah, that would be epic. I've been listening to "What Is This Feeling?" from Wicked on repeat today, so I am more wishful than ever that Kristin and Idina have a reunion on Glee at some point.

I never listen to the studio recordings until after the show, so I just recently heard the full "Like a Prayer." Amazing. OMG, Jonathan Groff, stay as long as you want and keep singing.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3883231;
    Critical, I had to Wiki Heather Morris after you mentioned her and her bio is so interesting. I had NO idea she danced for Beyonce...or that she got the Glee job after she was first hired to teach the Single Ladies dance. Funny how things like this happen -- and very lucky for us!
    Speaking of Heather Morris, she's on the cover of the May/June issue Dance Spirit. There's a nice little two page article about her too and they talk about how she was brought in to teach the "Single Ladies" routine because she was on tour with Beyonce and was one of the single ladies when she did SNL. Oddly enough, she lived next door to Brian Friedman when she was growing up. From just that article, it sounds like she's a really hard worker and a nice person. Plus, her body is just sick. I'd kill to have that figure, I didn't even look like that when I was dancing 5 days a week!

From the little things I've been reading online, there's absolutely no chance of Idina and Kristin appearing together on the show. Apparently, they hate each other and it sounds like it stems from Wicked and the fact that Kristin was promised she'd be the star of the show and Idina became the stand-out and won the Tony. Bummer. I'll just be happy to see them separately on the show.

Harvest - ITA about Jane/Sue. The look on her face when Will dissed her hair showed a vulnerability that you might not expect. She's such a terrific actress that she saves Sue from becoming a caricature. She - and the show - definitely deserve the Emmy.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

OK to all those watching GLEE ... I have heard soooooo much about this show and TONIGHT I am going to watch it for the FIRST time!!!

WILL I BE CONFUSED or will I be able to figure out what is going on?

TIA
    KAREN

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3887535;

OK to all those watching GLEE ... I have heard soooooo much about this show and TONIGHT I am going to watch it for the FIRST time!!!

WILL I BE CONFUSED or will I be able to figure out what is going on?

TIA
    Well, you know the basic conflicts, right? Will (Mr. Shu) the glee club teacher vs. Sue the cheerleading (evil) coach with a soft side we rarely see. Plus Emma the guidance counselor with a cleanliness OCD type fetish who loves Will, now divorced from a wife who was faking a pregnancy. And the glee club teens...2 football players, one the quarterback, the other the kid with mohawk (who secretly impregnated the virgin quarterback's supposedly virgin cheerleader girlfriend), several cheerleaders, Rachel who wants to be a star, the "sassy" black singer, the gay guy with a crush on the quarterback, the guy in the wheelchair who had a little something with one of the other glee members briefly, etc. Rachel and the (very dumb) quarterback have yearning moments...but she's also had other little flings (e.g., with mohawk guy, and a rival singer).
    And the glee club is in competitions to win eventually "the nationals", but with several intermediate steps. But also to become a respected part of the school and not have slushies thrown in their faces by other teens.
    It also sounds very corny but somehow it all comes together, with great music. Enjoy!

Momrek - you are in for a treat!!! You shouldn't have much trouble at all keeping up (although my bet is, after watching tonight, you'll be inexplicably moved to catch up on all the past epi's anyway, either on-line, or on Netflix ). The countdown begins.....enjoy!!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3887585;
    Well, you know the basic conflicts, right? Will (Mr. Shu) the glee club teacher vs. Sue the cheerleading (evil) coach with a soft side we rarely see. Plus Emma the guidance counselor with a cleanliness OCD type fetish who loves Will, now divorced from a wife who was faking a pregnancy. And the glee club teens...2 football players, one the quarterback, the other the kid with mohawk (who secretly impregnated the virgin quarterback's supposedly virgin cheerleader girlfriend), several cheerleaders, Rachel who wants to be a star, the "sassy" black singer, the gay guy with a crush on the quarterback, the guy in the wheelchair who had a little something with one of the other glee members briefly, etc. Rachel and the (very dumb) quarterback have yearning moments...but she's also had other little flings (e.g., with mohawk guy, and a rival singer).
    And the glee club is in competitions to win eventually "the nationals", but with several intermediate steps. But also to become a respected part of the school and not have slushies thrown in their faces by other teens.
    It also sounds very corny but somehow it all comes together, with great music. Enjoy!
    Thanks so much for your post, PWS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3887587;
    Momrek - you are in for a treat!!! You shouldn't have much trouble at all keeping up (although my bet is, after watching tonight, you'll be inexplicably moved to catch up on all the past epi's anyway, either on-line, or on Netflix ). The countdown begins.....enjoy!!
    Katydyd, I think you are so right about me wanting to get all caught up!! So many of my friends all watch GLEE and so it begins TONIGHT for moi!!
    KAREN

Hulu has the last five episodes available, so you can get caught up a little that way
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

FORT Fogey

Glee wrapped it's first season today.

Chris tweeted:

@chriscolfer Last day of filming! It's just like when a school year ends, everyone is emptying out their classrooms and headed to the beach.
    On another topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3886932;
    From the little things I've been reading online, there's absolutely no chance of Idina and Kristin appearing together on the show. Apparently, they hate each other and it sounds like it stems from Wicked and the fact that Kristin was promised she'd be the star of the show and Idina became the stand-out and won the Tony.
    Knowing the genesis of the show and Winnie Holzman's script, I find this questionable. In the original workshops, the show was about Elphaba, and Glinda was a secondary character. It wasn't until Kristen was brought in that the role expanded into a second lead. If anything, the jealousy should have been the other way around.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 04-27-2010 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3887758;
    Knowing the genesis of the show and Winnie Holzman's script, I find this questionable. In the original workshops, the show was about Elphaba, and Glinda was a secondary character. It wasn't until Kristen was brought in that the role expanded into a second lead. If anything, the jealousy should have been the other way around.
    But Kristin was a bigger star and had already won a Tony. Even though Idina had done Rent, she still wasn't as well known as Kristin. If the part was expanded for her (probably to get her to do the show), then I'm sure she wasn't happy when Idina got more of the spotlight and the Tony. Everything I've read indicates that it was Kristin who was peeved over the attention Idina got and not the other way around.....although I'm sure the dislike goes both ways. There have been blind items online since Glee started and Kristin guested indicating that these two hate each other and have specifically stated that they would not act together.

Whatever happened, I'm sad because I like both of them and would love to hear them sing together again.

Wow, I hadn't heard any of this before. I hope it's not true, but it's extremely sad if it is. And it makes me think a little bit less of both of them, too. They co-starred in a Broadway blockbuster that will run forever, thanks to its young demographic. I would think they should both just enjoy what it has done for both of their careers, especially Kristin. How many TV shows and movies has she done since Wicked? Way more than Idina, that's for sure.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread