+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 274 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

Good news - FOX is repeating the episode Friday night at 9!! I was mad about the end getting cut off and saw it on hulu but I am going to watch it on my big tv now!!

I loved the Like a Virgin number - it was really well done! I loved all the Madonna outfits during Rachel and Finn's number!

When Sue said that True Blue was released on her 6th birthday I spent the next minute trying to figure that out - so I was cracking up when they called her on it!

Thanks for the tip, I watched it there too. It wasn't the same though because it kept having buffering issues at the end and would pause every couple of seconds during the final big number. So annoying.

I knew from you guys here to be watching for all the Madonna outfits and was cracking up trying to spot them all. That was awesome, I sort of wish Sue had kept the curly haired look from her Vogue video. That was a great look on her.

Loved Kurt and Mercedes becoming Cheerios, wish they would show more of Becky. I really love the way they soften Sue up with her handi-capable sister. Sue makes this show for me followed by Emma. Not a huge fan of Will though, he's sort of icky to me (as is Finn).

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister;3882407;
    ... Finn. He and Rachel lying to each other about their virginity statuses ...
    It was very Tatum O'Neal and Kristy McNichol. I wonder if the writers intended that.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I just watched the episode again and it was even better the second time! I think one of the things I liked best was that so many of the cast members got a chance to sing solos instead of just the main few. I think this is one of the first times (if not the first) that Santana has gotten a song. So many of the cast got to sing at least a line or two: Puck, Artie, Curt, Mercedes, Jesse, Emma, Will, Sue, Quinn and, of course, Finn and Rachel.

I love that Brittany's got at least one completely off-the-wall line every episode. Last week, it was the one about gay dolphins and this week, she went to the misogynist when she hurt her knee! I think Heather Morris is probably the best dancer of all the girls and I'm glad they're giving her more to do on the show besides just stand next to Quinn.

The thing that makes New Directions stand out from Vocal Adrenaline is that they actually look at each other when they perform and they look like they're having fun. I just really like that they have actual interactions with each other on stage. It may not be as perfect and polished as Vocal Adrenaline, but that makes them more accessible and fun to watch, imo.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3882951;
    When Sue said that True Blue was released on her 6th birthday I spent the next minute trying to figure that out - so I was cracking up when they called her on it!
    I'm with you. When she first said I was thinking "Hold on, I am quite certain I was older than 6 when that album was out and I am also convinced I am significantly younger than Sue Sylvester...." I was glad when they called her on it for my own sanity!

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I think I missed something. Quinn was kicked out of her parent's house when they found out she was pregnant, and Finn's mother took her in when she found out. But then Finn found out that she cheated on him and isn't the father, so where is Quinn living now? I have to assume that Finn told his mother, since she thinks that Finn is the father and would be much happier knowing he isn't. So it follows that Finn and his mother wouldn't want Quinn still living there after all of that. But I do not remember anything being said about Quinn's living situation after Finn found out about the baby not being his.

Also, I really hope we get to see more of the support cast. Honestly, I much prefer Kurt, Mercedes, Brittany, Puck, and Tina over all of the other characters, with the exception of Sue of course, she is the best.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Cape, thanks for the heads up about the rerun--got the DVR set. While I'm happy to see the show on my computer, nothing beats the TV. My kids were riveted last night while I replayed all the songs minus Like A Virgin.

Critical, I had to Wiki Heather Morris after you mentioned her and her bio is so interesting. I had NO idea she danced for Beyonce...or that she got the Glee job after she was first hired to teach the Single Ladies dance. Funny how things like this happen -- and very lucky for us!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

This episode inspired me to listen to Madonna today while I work. I have all of my tracks on shuffle in iTunes and I think they could last all day, I forgot I had so much Madonna music!!

Repeat on now!

Loved this episode. More evidence Sue is a role of a lifetime - one of the greatest villains ever - The look on her face when she explained why she had the counselor's speaker disabled was priceless. She deserves an Emmy. The video was great.
    Last edited by Harvest; 04-25-2010 at 02:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread