+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 274 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

Her 'Borderline" costume was in there, as well.

Frankly, I don't think Madonna gets enough credit, especially from award shows. She's an icon that has spanned decades. I first heard her when I was 11 and am now 36. I am so happy that Glee made a whole episode in tribute to her. For me, Madonna defines pop music.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

This was an awesome episode!!!! I will be getting the CD sometime this week for sure! Bummed that I missed the last few minutes though

FORT Fanatic

I'm old enough to be the grandmother of the 'students' but I get such a kick out of Jane Lynch. She is the #1 reason I watch. What a talented woman.

you can see the whole last number at gleetastic.com I loved every single second of the show. The Like a Virgin montage was my favourite with the Cheerios in stilts coming a close second. Like a Prayer was fantastic... ugh I just can't pick, the whole show was wonderful

eta: Some of the pamphlets in Emma's office:

Help! I'm in love with my stepdad
    I still breastfeed - but how old is too old?
    Mom my is bi-polar and she won't stop yelling
    Congratulations! You're Pregnant
    Why is there blood..
    Yuk My Privates (rest was hidden - fill in the blank yourself lol)
    Last edited by Duxxy; 04-21-2010 at 03:36 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3882368;
    you can see the whole last number at gleetastic.com I loved every single second of the show. The Like a Virgin montage was my favourite with the Cheerios in stilts coming a close second. Like a Prayer was fantastic... ugh I just can't pick, the whole show was wonderful

eta: Some of the pamphlets in Emma's office:

Help! I'm in love with my stepdad
    I still breastfeed - but how old is too old?
    Mom my is bi-polar and she won't stop yelling
    Congratulations! You're Pregnant
    Why is there blood..
    Yuk My Privates (rest was hidden - fill in the blank yourself lol)
    I love the pamphlets in Emma's office! They had a bunch of different ones in there at the beginning of the season. She really does have some of the best lines. My favorite last night was the one about Lindsay Lohan but I think my all time favorite was when she said Curt looks like an 11-year old milkmaid That was after April got him drunk and he threw up on Emma's shoes.

I thought this episode was just about perfect. I have to say, Shu and Rachel are just complete nits to be taken in by Jesse. Sure, he'd just leave Vocal Adrenaline for Rachel. I do love seeing Jonathan Groff and I love his voice, but I don't like that he's manipulating everyone. He is adorable though and he's a fantastic performer.

ITA with MFW - "Like a Virgin" was brilliant! I love that Rachel wears a capelet over her nightgown!

Next week is Kristin Chenoweth again! If they have her in a scene with Idina Menzel, I just don't know if my little Broadway nerd self with be able to take it!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

"I'm gay. Mercedes is black. We make culture." Oh Kurt, you complete me. Although the whole "Vogue" video kind of went nowhere, I loved it.

"4 Minutes" with the Cheerios and the awesome girl-powery "Express Yourself" were my two favorite numbers of the night.

I am always happy to hear Artie, but his demanding act with Tina was pretty odd. I'm glad it was a one-off detour. Tina C rules and her "grunge feminism" makes me happy.

I may be naive or ... stupid? But I really want Jesse St. James to be sincere. I know it's far more likely he's not, but he and Lea are adorable. And I'm enjoying the angst they give Finn. He and Rachel lying to each other about their virginity statuses was extremely sad.

I too am super excited to see Chenoweth again Crit! I would love her and Idina in a scene together, even though I can't imagine why it would happen.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Duxxy, thank you for the link -- you just made my day.

That being said, I think the only way Fox can make it up to me is to finally set a release date for the full Glee season on Bluray.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

They're released the track list for the next non-Madonna soundtrack for the show (the Madonna episode gets its own CD). In spoiler tags, just in case:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The complete track list:

1. Hello Goodbye
    2. Gives You Hell
    3. Hello
    4. A House Is Not a Home
    5. One Less Bell to Answer/A House Is Not A Home (Kristin Chenoweth)
    6. Beautiful
    7. Physical (Olivia Newton-John)
    8. Total Eclipse Of The Heart (Jonathan Groff)
    9. Lady Is A Tramp
    10. One
    11. Rose's Turn
    12. Dream On (Neil Patrick Harris)
    13. Safety Dance
    14. I Dreamed A Dream (Idina Menzel)
    15. Loser
    16. Give Up The Funk
    17. Beth
    18. Poker Face (Idina Menzel)
    19. Bad

Especially excited about #14 and #18!

MS - I have no idea how they would write a scene for Kristin and Idina, but I'd love to see them do it! Maybe they'll both fight over Will!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3882441;
    They're released the track list for the next non-Madonna soundtrack for the show (the Madonna episode gets its own CD). In spoiler tags, just in case:

Especially excited about #14 and #18!
    #14 is my two biggest Broadway nerd most favoritest things in one!!!!
    Wag more, bark less

I've been reading everybody's comments and couldn't wait till I got home to watch the show....only to find that my DVR didn't record it. I have no idea why, the settings are correct and it's never done that before but no recording.

Thank goodness for (that place that records shows but I'm not sure we can say it here). There were some buffering issues at the end with the big Cheerio number but I got to see most of it and you guys were right....it was great! I'm so glad I went to the extra effort to locate the episode online because it was awesome.

I think the guy is a plant and I already feel so bad for Rachel, she's going to get her heart broken by him and probably lose everything.

Why is that person showing up next week? I forget her name, the boozy blond that used to be in choir with Will, in the episode description it says she shows up to save Glee. Why? Did I miss something? Or does that mean that something is happening next week that makes her have to save them? So many questions.

Anyways, the songs were really great and it's good having Sue back. Got a kick out of Will finally zinging her back with the hair comments. Florence Henderson look hehehe.

+ Reply to Thread