+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 273 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

The cast made the cover of Rolling Stone plus an article about them.

“Glee” Gone Wild: The New Issue of Rolling Stone : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily

With its group dance numbers and earnest covers of songs like Journey’s buoyant “Don’t Stop Believin’,” Glee seems like the sunniest show on TV. But darkness lurks just barely below the surface — the series also seamlessly weaves in plots about teen pregnancy, scheming wives and the most hard-hearted cheerleading coach to ever grip a whistle. Rolling Stone’s Erik Hedegaard ventures into the Fox hit’s most controversial corners, uncovering the stories behind stolen car stereos, illegal substances, Facebook-revenge fantasies and more in our new issue, on sale at newsstands today.

Glee creator Ryan Murphy, who previously helmed Nip/Tuck, explains the show’s double-edged appeal: “It’s about there being great joy to being different, and great pain.” Twenty-three-year-old Lea Michele, the Broadway talent who plays Rachel, tells Hedegaard about her tattoos, and Cory Monteith, who portrays jock Finn, owns up to a few childhood arrests for offenses that “didn’t hurt people.” Dianna Argon (slippery cheerleader Quinn) describes what it was like joining the cast late and falling victim to Monteith’s fart pranks, and 19-year-old Chris Colfer, who bravely plays gay teen Kurt, opens up about his own painful youth and his never-changing voice. “You know that forget-and-forgive [mod edit]? No, no, no, no, not for me,” he says of channeling childhood traumas into creative energy. “You take that grudge and let that grudge fester, and then you use it.”

The only Glee cast member who threatens to traumatize Hedegaard is Jane Lynch, who channels her ferocious character Sue Sylvester to warn him against asking “stupid questions” (guess nobody wanted to chat about peeing in the shower!). Rolling Stone movie critic Peter Travers saw a softer side of Lynch when she stopped by the office recently for an Off the Cuff chat — watch it here.. Grab the issue for the full story, and to check out the cast’s amazing high school yearbook photos.
    Last edited by Critical; 04-05-2010 at 10:18 PM.

It's definitely the week for Glee! The cast will be on Oprah tomorrow, Wednesday the 7th.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Anxiously counting down the minutes until Glee returns Tuesday!!!

In anticipation, I found a couple of clips I didn't see posted -- the first is a 'season 2 trailer'

STAGE TUBE: GLEE's Back! Season 2 Trailer Released Video Content (BroadwayWorld.com)

I'm not sure if I can post the second, but you can find it if you scroll down below the above video -- it's the group performing at the White House Easter Egg Roll -- they sing "Somebody to Love", Matt Morrison performs "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and Puck performs "Sweet Caroline" -- I love how they sound just as great 'live' as they do on the show.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Here's the link to the above mentioned performance.

YouTube - white house--glee(2).mov

Okay I read the whole last page and didn't see this mentioned... Am I the only one that thinks Fox is committing show suicide moving Glee to Tuesday nights? I understand they want it to follow American Idol but they're also going up against the final episodes of Lost and Biggest Loser. I liked it being on Wednesday nights because there was NOTHING else for it to compete against and it was the perfect followup to SYTYCD.

I think it's a dumb move too. I don't watch Lost or Biggest Loser anymore, but I preferred the show on Wednesdays. It bugs the heck out of me when networks keep moving shows around like that. I doubt it will affect their ratings, but it's still annoying.

There are more new videos up at Hulu, including a new performance by Lea Michelle.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3875745;
    I think it's a dumb move too. I don't watch Lost or Biggest Loser anymore, but I preferred the show on Wednesdays. It bugs the heck out of me when networks keep moving shows around like that. I doubt it will affect their ratings, but it's still annoying.

There are more new videos up at Hulu, including a new performance by Lea Michelle.
    It might not majorly affect their ratings, but I'm sure there's viewers like myself who like both shows and now have to choose. Personally I'm going with watching Lost live only because it's something you have to digest - Glee is happy brain candy to me compared to Lost.

And Glee isn't the only show they've been playing leap frog with. Lost has been getting jumped around too! At first I was upset that Lost was going to go up against American Idol this season, but after seeing the auditions no one jumped out at me so I wasn't that bummed. But now with Glee moving, Hulu will definitely be getting some visits from me. I don't get why networks put top rated shows up against each other... Especially when they've worked in the pre-existing time slot!

It's back!

FORT Fogey

Ahhh... it's like it never left!

It's like one big constant group sing!

+ Reply to Thread