+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 274 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 2739
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

  1. #431
    Hey you! MiaT2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    1,539

    re: GLEE

    Hey did anyone watch the Kennedy Center Honors last night? Matthew Morrison performed during the Mel Brooks tribute. He sang "Springtime for Hitler" and did a really good job. His voice sounded great!
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

  2. #432
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,199

    re: GLEE

    Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3779864;
    Hey did anyone watch the Kennedy Center Honors last night? Matthew Morrison performed during the Mel Brooks tribute. He sang "Springtime for Hitler" and did a really good job. His voice sounded great!
    Yes, and he was funny in the role as well! (The original The Producers is one of my favorite Mel Brooks films.) I didn't recognize him at first but thought "dang, that guy looks familiar -- oh yeah -- "Glee"!

    Unfortunately, I saw only the last hour of the Kennedy Center Honors -- and am kicking myself because that's the only awards show that consistently keeps my attention the whole way through. I was so jealous of Michelle Obama 'cuz she got to sit next to Bruce Springsteen! And, OMG, Caroline Kennedy: I hope I look that good at that age. Oh wait, I am that age . . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  3. #433
    Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,291

    re: GLEE

    Glee just won the People's Choice Award for best new tv comedy. Yay!

  4. #434
    Yes we Did! - Twice!! Katydyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the playground in my mind
    Posts
    3,176

    re: GLEE

    Congratulations Glee!!! Woo Hoo !! I couldn't be more..............gleeful (sorry, had to say it )!!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata


    "I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

  5. #435
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,230

    re: GLEE

    Awesome! I was so worried that this show wouldn't do well when I first saw the previews. It's not exactly main stream tv. I love it and am very pleased that it has caught on!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  6. #436
    Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,291

    re: GLEE

    I might have missed this at some point, but for sectionals were all the schools required to do 1 ballad (which was really just a solo), and then 2 other songs or were there restrictions/other rules?

    (I just re-watched the last episode and was confused then and only marginally less confused after re-watching).

  7. #437
    I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    At the High Rollers Table
    Posts
    4,776

    re: GLEE

    Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3796147;
    I might have missed this at some point, but for sectionals were all the schools required to do 1 ballad (which was really just a solo), and then 2 other songs or were there restrictions/other rules?

    (I just re-watched the last episode and was confused then and only marginally less confused after re-watching).
    If i recall correctly, on the 'Ballad Show', Mr Shu said to them something like "this is a ballad, we must do one for sectionals". As for other rules, I also recall that he or someone mentioned that they must have so many people and that they must all be on stage together for one number.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

    "Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

  8. #438
    Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,291

    re: GLEE

    Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3797396;
    If i recall correctly, on the 'Ballad Show', Mr Shu said to them something like "this is a ballad, we must do one for sectionals". As for other rules, I also recall that he or someone mentioned that they must have so many people and that they must all be on stage together for one number.
    Thanks!

    Also, I heard that Glee will be doing a nation-wide search for new cast members (to start in season 2).

    And, Matthew Morrison (the guy who plays Mr. Shu) landed a record deal of his own.

  9. #439
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,199

    re: GLEE

    I'd love to see what they could do with "Pants on the Ground."
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  10. #440
    FORT Fogey cape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,631

    re: GLEE

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3798122 View Post
    I'd love to see what they could do with "Pants on the Ground."
    OMG - they really should!! We have been singing that song at our house all week!!! I think that man is going to make a lot of money!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.