+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 274 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

The finale was absolutely perfect. The only downside is having to wait SO long till it comes back!

Such awesome news about all the nominations! That is fantastic!!

I'd love to see Jane Lynch take home the Globe! She is, hands down, my favorite on the show!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3769413;
    I think Jane Lynch has the best chance of winning, MS She's also been in the business a while and I think is pretty well-respected. I'd love to see the show win too and sometimes quirky shows win at the GG's. Lea might have a chance because of her voice. Think Jennifer Hudson in Dreamgirls. The acting was okay, but the voice was incredible. Lea is a much better actor than Jennifer, imo (SATC movie, anyone?) and I'd love to see her win.
    Going against Ms. Lynch might be that Sue Sylvester is not a lot different from Charlie's therapist in "Two and A Half Men" and the judges may not think she's stretching as much as some of the other nominees.

I think she deserves it as much as anyone else. I adore Sue Sylvester.

Go to youtube and search "mark's tribute to Glee". The guy is adorable and the song is really good. Plus, it contains a little behind the scenes footage.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3769913;
    Go to youtube and search "mark's tribute to Glee". The guy is adorable and the song is really good. Plus, it contains a little behind the scenes footage.
    Thanks for that-- he's so cute and I love his voice. Wish he'd sing more solos.

After looking at the list of shows they're up against, I'm keeping my fingers crossed they'll pull a coup a la The Shield in 2002 (was it that long ago?) I love Modern Family but want Glee to win more.

I, too, am hoping for a Jane Lynch win and would love to see Lea Michele win. The girl is a force of nature and the show would be drastically different without her portrayal of Rachel.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3763952;
    Nope, you're not the only one. I just find Emma to be creepy!
    There must be a bunch of us who don't partucularly like her. I too find her creepy and off-putting.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

One thing you can say about Glee's nomination for best comedy or musical is that is BOTH! Can't say that about any of the other nominees!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Dont know if its beenmentioned or not.. i didnt see it, but im old so the eyes are not what they used to be

Glee has also been given a SAG Award nod for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series:

• 30 Rock
    • Curb Your Enthusiasm
    • Glee
    • Modern Family
    • The Office

Would love to see the cast as a whole get an award because they do play SO well off one anohter.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fan

Glee is great, but as with all high school based shows, I'm worried about it's long term sustainability. We know that so far, it's been "getting to sectionals." Then it will be "getting to nationals." But what happens once that's over? Is it going to be "getting to sectionals" all over again? What happens when it's summer vacation? What happens after graduation? Hopefully not something contrived like "we all joined the college glee club" or we get a new cast of high schoolers. My point is, I don't know how long this show can last before the plot become ridiculously contrived, but i guess we'll enjoy it while we can.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norm;3771544;
    Glee is great, but as with all high school based shows, I'm worried about it's long term sustainability. We know that so far, it's been "getting to sectionals." Then it will be "getting to nationals." But what happens once that's over? Is it going to be "getting to sectionals" all over again? What happens when it's summer vacation? What happens after graduation? Hopefully not something contrived like "we all joined the college glee club" or we get a new cast of high schoolers. My point is, I don't know how long this show can last before the plot become ridiculously contrived, but i guess we'll enjoy it while we can.
    As much as I might hate it, I think they need to bring in some new people as the members get older and graduate. The beautiful thing about the show is that while everyone is integral to it as a whole, noone is necessarily bigger than another. And if they graduate, we can hear about how well they're doing or even see a show in college but the focus of the show is the high school "Glee" club. [At least that's my opinion.] It can't be like every other high school show where they all go to the local college -- blech!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread