+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 273 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989139 ... LastLast
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

re: GLEE

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3765851;
    One thing (besides where Quinn slept--good question!) that isn't clear to me on the pregnancy stories is if Quinn knows that likely her baby is not going to be living with Mr. Shue... or Mrs. Something she said made it sound as if she still thought it was going to them...surely the kids have figured out they split, even if they don't know why. They know he "used" the mattress.
    I was talking about this with a friend and we couldn't decide if she is still thinking that she is going to give up the baby to Terri or if she is keeping it. There was that line where Quinn told Puck that she was going to do it on her own. I thought she was referring the pregnancy; but, my friend thought that she was referring to having the baby.

About the ending being a dream sequence...that would make sense. The entire time that the club was singing to Will I was so confused. At first I thought that he had just gotten up and run out of the room; but then he was still there.

I also have to applaud Emma for finally being completely honest with herself and Will.

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3765881;
    About the ending being a dream sequence...that would make sense. The entire time that the club was singing to Will I was so confused. At first I thought that he had just gotten up and run out of the room; but then he was still there.

I also have to applaud Emma for finally being completely honest with herself and Will.
    I'm really hoping that all the speculation I read that it was a dream is true. Because I think it's too soon AND because I think it's cheating and I don't see either Will or Emma going there.

Has Will made it official? Did he tell Terri they were over and filed for divorce? If not, then it's cheating and sorry but I will not approve or condone that no matter what motives he may have. She faked a pregnancy and that does not equate to him having free reign to shatter his vows.

I've always told my husband "I'll never cheat on you, I'll just leave if it ever comes to that." So that's where I'm coming from lol...sort of projecting myself onto the show ha! Never done that before *tongue in cheek* LOL.

Anyways, point being that after all this time spent showing how moral and upstanding Emma and Will are when compared to the lying/cheating Terri, I hope the show doesn't destroy that by throwing them into a romantic storyline without making it clear that his marriage is over and that Terri has been informed of this (whether she accepts it without going all Glenn Close and boiling rabbits on him is another thing lol)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re the dream or not dream issue... I thought maybe the song ... can't do it without you stuff... made him realize how much he would miss Emma if she left the school...and so as soon as they finished he rushed off to find her. But yeah, could have been what the song made him think about doing.

Re his wife...seems pretty clear it is over to me. But I guess she did ask if things could ever change (back to him loving her) and he did say I don't know... I was surprised he actually came out and said to Emma, I just left my wife. And impressed with Emma's response, you just left your wife. But I did think that might make her think twice about leaving the school. And surely she'd want another job before she departed... midwinter is not a good time to look for a new school year related job! OK, getting too reality oriented here!

I think the did they/didn't they aspect goes back to the idea of the original 13 episodes. If the series hadn't been picked up, that would have been a very satisfying finale for us loyal viewers, IMO. We would have been left with the idea that Will and Emma ended up together . However, since it did pick-up () that scene was ambiguous enough that they can now play it as a dream sequence and draw out the anticipation for the actual Will/Emma pairing. Also, we only saw the initial kiss. If it was real, who knows what Emma's reaction is going to be? I think somehow though, Will has to stop her from leaving. It would be hard to carry the story through if Emma left her position in the school.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3765948;
    I think the did they/didn't they aspect goes back to the idea of the original 13 episodes. If the series hadn't been picked up, that would have been a very satisfying finale for us loyal viewers, IMO. We would have been left with the idea that Will and Emma ended up together . However, since it did pick-up () that scene was ambiguous enough that they can now play it as a dream sequence and draw out the anticipation for the actual Will/Emma pairing. Also, we only saw the initial kiss. If it was real, who knows what Emma's reaction is going to be? I think somehow though, Will has to stop her from leaving. It would be hard to carry the story through if Emma left her position in the school.
    Yes, I agree. Maybe the principal will say you can't leave me high and dry in midyear... if you want to leave it will have to be after I have time to search for a new counselor...and that will give her a cooling off period. I don't know about high schools but at the college level faculty have to give a 3 MONTH notice for leaving for non-medical reasons.
    re Emma's response... I thought she did respond positively a bit...put her hand up, smiled...
    But I agree, maybe the ambiguity was planned...and if so, kudos!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3765951;
    I thought she did respond positively a bit...put her hand up, smiled...
    But I agree, maybe the ambiguity was planned...and if so, kudos!
    Ahhh, a classic soap maneuver...just when you think all is well, she follows that smile with "but I can't, it's all too soon, you're still married, you just left your wife"....
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3765948;
    They could be setting it up for another arc as well, have Will and Emma finally together then fnd out that while his wife was faking one pregnancy she had actually gotten pregnant. They were still having a relationship up until she was "showing" so she could be in a real first trimester.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

MC and K--both of those are great soap maneovers!

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3765894;
    I'm really hoping that all the speculation I read that it was a dream is true. Because I think it's too soon AND because I think it's cheating and I don't see either Will or Emma going there.

Anyways, point being that after all this time spent showing how moral and upstanding Emma and Will are when compared to the lying/cheating Terri, I hope the show doesn't destroy that by throwing them into a romantic storyline without making it clear that his marriage is over and that Terri has been informed of this (whether she accepts it without going all Glenn Close and boiling rabbits on him is another thing lol)
    I agree with you completely on the above.

Though it would be a fun, edgy, ironic twist if they do make Will and creepy Emma to be hypocrites and NOT so saintly.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread