+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 273 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888138 ... LastLast
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister;3765574;
    PWS, Rachel was suspicious about Puck and Quinn because in her words, she's "a little psychic." She told Quinn about a prenatal exam for Jewish parents, and then overheard Quinn tell Puck they had to take the test for "Jewish diseases."
    My phone rang right when that happened and I couldn't tell if Rachel had heard them or not. Thanks for clarifying

I pretty much agree with everything you said, MS! We MUST see Artie's def poetry jams!

I'll be buying the second soundtrack tomorrow! I also need to finally buy the soundtrack to Spring Awakening, which has been saved in my cart at Amazon for several years. Lea plays Wendla, one of the main characters and, although I was skeptical about a musical adapted from that play, everything I've heard of the soundtrack is really good. Funnily enough, the touring company for SA was here in town a while back and they were running commercials advertising it during an episode of Glee. Lea was in the commercial because they used footage from the Broadway cast. Weird little intersection of show biz there.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

OMG, I can hardly stand it!
    Wicked Cool: Idina Menzel Is in Talks to Join Glee

We didn't think it was possible, but Glee just got a little cooler.

Idina Menzel, the Broadway star known for originating the role of Elphaba in Wicked, as well as for being Mrs. Taye Diggs, is reportedly in talks to join the cast of Glee. Hallelujah!

But is she going to play the role of Rachel Berry's (Lea Michele) bio-mom, a role for which many observers have noted she would be physically perfect?

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Idina's character will not be genetically related to Lea Michele's character, but instead, Menzel would play the coach of rival glee club Vocal Adrenaline, giving New Directions coach Mr. Shue (Matthew Morrison) yet another antagonist. If the deal works out, Menzel's character would potentially appear in all nine of the remaining season-one episodes.

Menzel's former Wicked castmate Kristin Chenoweth guest-starred on Glee earlier this season as an alcoholic glee-club has-been named April Rhodes. Chenoweth is expected to recur later this season, potentially setting the stage for a Wicked reunion on the hit Fox musical series.

Menzel gave birth to her first child with Diggs in early September, which means taking this role would cut her maternity leave relatively short.

Production on the back nine episodes of Glee began earlier this week. The fall finale airs tonight at 9 p.m. on Fox, and then Glee returns on April 13, 2010 for the second half of the first season.
    Wicked Cool: Idina Menzel Is in Talks to Join Glee - E! Online
    The rest of the season is going to be awesome! Idina and Kristin are two of my favorite singers, so if they end up on the show together =
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Wow, Idina Menzel will be awesome!! I wonder if she will throw a wrench into the new Will/Emma pairing? Last night's epi was fantastic! And a huge thank you to the writers. Clearly they weren't positive their quirky little gem would be embraced (silly writers ) and had all the major plot lines addressed by the end of the guaranteed 13 episodes. Now if only certain other shows had such foresight (albeit unneeded!!). I'm talking to you Reunion...yes, still bitter after all these years
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I can see her as Rachels mom. They do favor each other!

No cliffhangers....loved that. Loved Will running down the hall to Emma, Sue, Quinn not being mad at Rachel, Santana admitting that she likes Glee, making us wait to see if they won, Sue, Mercedes singing (girls got pipes!) and Sue.

My husband who isn't a fan of Rachels voice actually sat down and watched when she sang Rain on my parade. He said she should be on Broadway...her voice was perfect in that song. I just laughed at him.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3765633;
    My husband who isn't a fan of Rachels voice actually sat down and watched when she sang Rain on my parade. He said she should be on Broadway...her voice was perfect in that song. I just laughed at him.
    And did you enlighten him?

I read online (not a spoiler since it's pure speculation) that Will didn't really go after Emma. That it was all a dream/fantasy and that the somewhat confusing and choppy editing during that scene lends itself to that conclusion.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3765670;
    And did you enlighten him?

I read online (not a spoiler since it's pure speculation) that Will didn't really go after Emma. That it was all a dream/fantasy and that the somewhat confusing and choppy editing during that scene lends itself to that conclusion.

What do you guys think?
    I did enlighten him. He's so smart, so I take every opportunity to tell him something he doesn't know....

It could very well be a dream, but I'll be so mad if it is. I really want them together.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I'm happy to see both pregnancy storylines addressed, and I loved Mercedes singing in this episode. Yay for Will leaving Terri.

I am curious though, since Quinn was staying at Finn's house, is she still there, after Quinn found out that he isn't the baby's father? There was at least a day between him finding out and the sectionals, so where did Quinn stay that night?

I think it is a dream because I noticed him still sitting in the chair watching the kids when they flashed to the hall scene. I turned to my husband and said, "They're pulling a Dallas dream sequence."

I didn't want Will to immediately jump to Emma. At least I thought I didn't until I was disappointed she wasn't in her office the first time he ran.

I don't usually get shows on DVD until they are gone or a few years past, but I am definitely getting on this one immediately.

And I owe it all to you FORT'ers that watched it in May and gushed about it, that is what got me to tune in when it came on in the fall, so thanks!!
    Wag more, bark less

PWS
    FORT Fogey

One thing (besides where Quinn slept--good question!) that isn't clear to me on the pregnancy stories is if Quinn knows that likely her baby is not going to be living with Mr. Shue... or Mrs. Something she said made it sound as if she still thought it was going to them...surely the kids have figured out they split, even if they don't know why. They know he "used" the mattress.
    Puck and his, does it have to be today (Jewish tests), I have fight club, question, making it so clear he's not thinking like a dad.
    One thing about Finn and his worries...given that Q planned to give up the baby for adoption its birth wasn't really going to turn his world upside down, in the sense of having to provide for a baby, pass up or delay college, etc.
    And a final thing---the singing on this show is SO fantastic...both Mercedes and Rachel just blew the top off---really Rachel seemed like she was channeling Barbra S.....that while I was singing Christmas carols in the car by myself today I got depressed. I can't really even carry a tune, much less sing like they do, and my "O Holy Night" would have sounded SO much better from either of them!

+ Reply to Thread