+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 274 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585135 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 2735
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

  1. #341
    Pineapple! ClosetRTWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Groovin' with my human boom box
    Posts
    4,572

    re: GLEE

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3761666;
    My own reaction was that it was very appropriate since the song deals with smiling when you do not feel in the least like smiling--which certainly would describe Will at this point.

    I found that song and the scenes that accompanied it very moving.
    But JavaJo was talking about the other Smile song. I thought that the "Smile though your heart is breaking" song was appropriate, but I agreed with JavaJo's comment that the Lily Allen song did not fit. Rachel and Finn were singing it like it was a happy-go-lucky song and it isn't at all. It is about a girl whose bf cheated on her and she is telling him that his apologies are worthless and she is moving on. Weird choice.

    ETA: I also loved the scene where Will confronted Terri. I was starting to feel like it was going to drag out forever so I was surprise when he suddenly uncovered the truth. I am also surprised that he did not immediately decide on divorce given that she admitted to lying about the pregnancy and was going to pass off the baby of a teenager as his child!!

  2. #342
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,192

    re: GLEE

    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3761680;
    But JavaJo was talking about the other Smile song. I thought that the "Smile though your heart is breaking" song was appropriate, but I agreed with JavaJo's comment that the Lily Allen song did not fit. Rachel and Finn were singing it like it was a happy-go-lucky song and it isn't at all. It is about a girl whose bf cheated on her and she is telling him that his apologies are worthless and she is moving on. Weird choice.
    Right. That's the one I was referring to. It's kind of a harsh song, even though it's sung all pretty... I love the song but it just didn't fit. If they really wanted to use it, they should have saved it for Quinn when Finn finally leaves her for Rachel...
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  3. #343
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    308

    re: GLEE

    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3761680;
    But JavaJo was talking about the other Smile song. I thought that the "Smile though your heart is breaking" song was appropriate, but I agreed with JavaJo's comment that the Lily Allen song did not fit. Rachel and Finn were singing it like it was a happy-go-lucky song and it isn't at all. It is about a girl whose bf cheated on her and she is telling him that his apologies are worthless and she is moving on. Weird choice.

    ETA: I also loved the scene where Will confronted Terri. I was starting to feel like it was going to drag out forever so I was surprise when he suddenly uncovered the truth. I am also surprised that he did not immediately decide on divorce given that she admitted to lying about the pregnancy and was going to pass off the baby of a teenager as his child!!
    He doesn't file for divorce because at heart, he does still love his wife. In good times and bad, in sickness and in health, to death till us part. Maybe he can't let her go. While she was "pregnant," he sure acted like they were still in love. I hope they stay together and work out their problems. Hoping that Emma doesn't marry the coach and finds someone cleaner to suit her lifestyle.

    And why couldn't Schuester just buy the mattress so that it wasn't a gift? If he's really going to leave his wife, won't he need a new one?

  4. #344
    Yes we Did! - Twice!! Katydyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the playground in my mind
    Posts
    3,144

    re: GLEE

    Quote Originally Posted by norm;3761800;
    He doesn't file for divorce because at heart, he does still love his wife. In good times and bad, in sickness and in health, to death till us part. Maybe he can't let her go. While she was "pregnant," he sure acted like they were still in love. I hope they stay together and work out their problems. Hoping that Emma doesn't marry the coach and finds someone cleaner to suit her lifestyle.

    And why couldn't Schuester just buy the mattress so that it wasn't a gift? If he's really going to leave his wife, won't he need a new one?
    That was my first thought too....just buy the stupid mattress !! But Will doesn't love Terry. She was completely right when she told him he loves the girl he met 15 years ago...and she's not that girl anymore. Will's a standup guy. He wants to love her I'm sure, and probably still thinks he does, but he's really not the most self aware banana in the bunch. I think he sees the world through rose colored glasses. He's the guy who has faith everything will work out right, and miracles can happen. He'll eventually realize the ideal marriage he thought he had with his high school sweetheart was over a long time ago. Then he can go and have a real relationship with Emma And hey, maybe Terry can pick up the pieces with the coach. Or maybe the principal (is he single?)....I bet she'd love to be "the principal's wife"
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata


    "I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

  5. #345
    Prophet of St. Hurley Twiddler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    442

    re: GLEE

    You know, maybe it's just the Jim Henson kick I've been on lately, but does anyone else think it might be fun to have an episode of Glee involving the Muppets? A Miss Piggy/Rachel Diva-off WOULD be classic, no?

  6. #346
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Washington, D.C. area
    Posts
    674

    re: GLEE

    Thank heavens they finally exposed the teacher's wife for the nasty trick she had been pulling on him. That was not only tiresome, it was downright creepy. He needs to kick her to the curb very fast.

  7. #347
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,525

    re: GLEE

    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler;3761837;
    You know, maybe it's just the Jim Henson kick I've been on lately, but does anyone else think it might be fun to have an episode of Glee involving the Muppets? A Miss Piggy/Rachel Diva-off WOULD be classic, no?
    Love it!

  8. #348
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,733

    re: GLEE

    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler;3761837;
    You know, maybe it's just the Jim Henson kick I've been on lately, but does anyone else think it might be fun to have an episode of Glee involving the Muppets? A Miss Piggy/Rachel Diva-off WOULD be classic, no?
    Sorry, but that would be the first episode I wouldn't watch. This show doesn't need those kinds of gimmicks.

    ITA that the scene between Will and Terri was really well done. Nice to see Matthew Morrison show his acting chops. I'd be perfectly happy if this would signal the end of Terri. I love Jessalyn Gilsig, but I can't stand that character, which is probably the point.

    I didn't understand why Will couldn't just pay for the mattress either

    A good episode, but not enough singing! I especially loved Quinn getting the upper hand on Sue.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  9. #349
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,192

    re: GLEE

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3761916;

    ITA that the scene between Will and Terri was really well done. Nice to see Matthew Morrison show his acting chops. I'd be perfectly happy if this would signal the end of Terri. I love Jessalyn Gilsig, but I can't stand that character, which is probably the point.

    I didn't understand why Will couldn't just pay for the mattress either

    A good episode, but not enough singing! I especially loved Quinn getting the upper hand on Sue.
    MM was great in that scene. You could just hear his heart break.

    I was wondering why he didn't pay for the mattress myself, but he did just cut a $300 check for the yearbook photo...maybe he didn't have the money? They've made it clear they aren't well off. I'm still wondering how Terri afforded the car.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  10. #350
    Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,291

    re: GLEE

    Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3762163;
    MM was great in that scene. You could just hear his heart break.

    I was wondering why he didn't pay for the mattress myself, but he did just cut a $300 check for the yearbook photo...maybe he didn't have the money? They've made it clear they aren't well off. I'm still wondering how Terri afforded the car.
    I was wondering about how Terri afforded the car as well, plus what about the car Will was driving in the beginning?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.