+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 273 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3758136;
    He is not as "bad" as the nephew on Ugly Betty, because at least Kurt can admit he is gay, and the show can admit it. Unless Ugly Betty is going to pursue the topic of why some teens lie to themselves and others, it is just disingenuous to make the nephew so flaming and then have him claim that he is not gay.
    That is exactly what Ugly Betty is doing, IMO. It's just going to take longer for Justin's storyline to unfold, because the show is prmarily about Betty and Mode.

As for Glee, very good episode this week, but it was overshadowed for me by the news that Glee is going on hiatus until April because of the new season of Idol. After next Wednesday's ep, we will have to go without for 3+ months.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

It's funny to learn people's much different perception on things. I have a friend who loves the over top, stereotypical characters, but doesn't think they took it far enough with Kurt. He said Kurt acts just like him and they should've made him a little more exaggerated and not so realistic. I guess it's differences that make the world go round.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3748775;
    Wow. Even though they foreshadowed it a bit, that moment with Sue and her sister took my breath away. It's the mark of a great show that the characters are so complex instead of the archetypes we see on so many shows. These people are complicated and no one is all good or all bad. Kind of like life.
    I had no idea there was a thread re: Glee--yay! It's one of my 2 fav. shows this season.

Anyways...re: the above-- ITA. For the first time, I found myself agreeing with Sue more than Will when she talked about her DS Cheerio and then when they showed her visiting her sister, I teared up. I just love how they're peeling away the layers of the characters.

I have to say that Kurt and his father are my favorite 'relationship' of the show. I read an article done with Ryan Murphy about how their relationship is based on the relationship between he and his father when he first came out and, watching them, I just get so hopeful that more parents will be as understanding with their kids if they came 'out.'

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3749178;
    I have listened to the Kurt Version, the Rachel version and the both version of Defying Gravity more times than I can count today!
    OMG, Me too! I'm addicted to cranking D.G. up in my car and singing along when noone else can hear me.

This past episode was so great when they sang Imaging with the deaf choir -- it was so beautiful. And I want so badly to like Puck for more than just his looks but what a loser sexting while with Quinn. :nono I'm ready for the baby story to be over and done with already. Bo-ring!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

yeah, Puck's character completely turned me off about the sexting thing and his whole speech to Quinn about still being able to be a good father without changing his habits...the nerve ugh, he's still completely gorgeous though lol

I really love this show and how they throw things in to make you go omg lol, the whole sexting thing caught me off guard, and the fact that Kurt was in the same situation as Rachel!!! We know he's gay, but that he actually had a thing for Flynn as well, craziness lol

Puck's sexting seemed like a desperate attempt to make him a villain again. I think they could've done many other things for that and wish they would've. I was turned off by it too. Plus, it just didn't seem like he would do it in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3758463;
    Anyways...re: the above-- ITA. For the first time, I found myself agreeing with Sue more than Will when she talked about her DS Cheerio and then when they showed her visiting her sister, I teared up....

I have to say that Kurt and his father are my favorite 'relationship' of the show....
    Sue has been one of my favorite characters from the very beginning and I love that they show these more "likable" sides of her. I thought it was a stroke of writing brilliance when they played this out and she took Will to task for trying to make the girl feel "special" when all she really wanted to do was feel like all the other students.

My favorite relationship is that of Finn and his mother. I love how laid back and accepting she is, how she was trying to hold the tears back and how it crushed her when she found out that Quinn was pregnant and yet she didn't allow it to show on her face.

Maybe it was just wishful thinking but when Kurt and Finn were discussing their deceased parents, I had a thought that I would love to see their parents hooking up and what an awesome couple they would be and then Finn would have to deal with Kurt mooning over him all the time because they live in the same house lol.

For me it felt a bit like foreshadowing because it was too obvious (probably just wishful thinking lol).

I agree that they are trying too hard to make Puck into a bad guy again, I think it's because so many have written in or commented on wanting Rachel with Puck instead of Finn and that goes against their storyline arch so they have to do something to get people off the Puck/Rachel thing so they can play the story out the way they foresaw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3758586;
    Maybe it was just wishful thinking but when Kurt and Finn were discussing their deceased parents, I had a thought that I would love to see their parents hooking up and what an awesome couple they would be and then Finn would have to deal with Kurt mooning over him all the time because they live in the same house lol.
    I actually thought about that when watching this episode. Finn's mom has been shown positively for allowing Quinn to stay at their house and Kurt's dad has been shown very positively by supporting his son. I wouldn't be surprised if they went in this direction and I'm hoping they do. I enjoy the Kurt/Finn friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3758463;
    OMG, Me too! I'm addicted to cranking D.G. up in my car and singing along when noone else can hear me.
    Where do you download the music from? And is it free?

The music is for sale at iTunes, and they've released at least one CD since the season began, with more to come soon.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by RomanticHeart;3758538;
    Puck's sexting seemed like a desperate attempt to make him a villain again. I think they could've done many other things for that and wish they would've. I was turned off by it too. Plus, it just didn't seem like he would do it in that situation.
    Makes me wonder if there is a twist in there that hasn't been uncovered yet. Maybe someone is blackmailing him and forced him to push Quinn away? Santana maybe...?
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 11-29-2009 at 10:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread