+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 273 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

EW has some spoilers on their website today that will address some pretty cool stuff.

Make sure you REALLLLLLY want to know....

Click to see Spoiler:
    Question: Got any Glee scoop? —Amanda
    Ausiello: I do after running into Lea Michele at Monday’s New Moon premiere in Hollywood. Rachel’s portrayer told us that many of the baby-centric plots that have been building up will start to unravel as we head toward the mid-season finale on Dec. 9. Mr. Schuester’s pregnancy-faking wife will be found out, and Finn will discover he’s not the father of Quinn’s baby. And what up in Rachel-land? Look for a little tension between the spotlight-hugger and Mercedes. “They have been setting up a competitive thing between those two, and we deal with it,” said Michele. “Rachel can’t always get the best part.”

Question: I know it’s not happening in the immediate future, but is there any chance for Puck-Rachel at all on Glee? Give us some hope! –Alex
    Ausiello: Sorry, my little Puckleberry, but it doesn’t look good. Puck himself, Mark Salling, told us at the New Moon premiere that “there’s no indication that Puck will give it another try with Rachel. Puck is pretty interested in taking responsibility for his child with Quinn.” Lea Michele is clearly hoping the two make another go of it. “I pushed and fought for a Puck-Rachel storyline because I love Mark so much and I wanted to work with him more,” she revealed. “And I thought Rachel should get some action. She has needs. She can’t be waiting all season for Finn. I thought it could be really different and not a pairing that people would expect. It was great how many people turned out to like them hooking up. I don’t know of it coming up in the near future, but fingers crossed.”

Question: Got any scoop on the Madonna-themed episode of Glee? —Jacob
    Ausiello: Look for Rachel to sing five tunes by her Madgesty. And could a flesh-and-blood cameo be in the works? Maybe, since ”nothing has been filmed yet,” Michele said. “I am keeping my fingers crossed.” Um, exactly how many fingers does this girl have?

I, too, love Kurt (and his dad!) more every show. Chris Colfer is bringing a lot of emotion into this role, even unspoken. His Defying Gravity is wonderful.

I loved all of the songs this week... even Lean on Me. It wasn't my favorite version, but only because I am such a huge fan of the Morgan Freeman movie that it has absolutely ruined me for any other interpretation. I wish they could have split up the verses between singers a bit better so it wasn't completely Artie and Mercedes centric, but that's okay. And I love that they didn't overwork Finn's songs for the first time in weeks.
    Last edited by Broadway; 11-19-2009 at 12:29 PM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I thought the guy who plays Finn did a great job on "Stand by You." I never liked the original, with the gravely voice and mumbly words, so this was a case where the cover was better than the original! And his acting when he broke down crying in his mother's arms was very effective. Quinn did ok in her scene confronting her own parents, too. Lol, I guessed that the CD he brought to the dinner table was going to be "Having My Baby."

I am liking that they have featured more of the kids these past 2 weeks, which is a nice surprise. I still don't like Rachel, which is ok since her character is supposed to unlikeable. This week I decided I don't like the big black girl because of how she judged Puck in a hot second. She shouldn't have forced her cultural assumptions about "baby daddys" onto him. If he wants to have some rights re. his own child, that seems perfectly reasonable to me. It was just a weak way of allowing them to still do the "Lean on Me" number for Quinn and Finn. (Which I didn't like, btw, because the original is one of the best songs of all time and can't be topped.)

I also didn't like the crush plotline. His basically shouting to her during that song that she was crazy, while making disgusted faces, was very inappropriate. And the line about temptation while looking at the ginger counselor really didn't belong in that "mash up." So tired of "mash ups," btw!

...Lean on Me. It wasn't my favorite version, but only because I am such a huge fan of the Morgan Freeman movie that it has absolutely ruined me for any other interpretation...
    I "hate" that song cuz it makes me cry, and I'm not a crier! (BTW, the movie you're talking about -- one of my favorites! "Hate" that one, too, cuz it makes me cry. And I'm not a crier.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3754265;
    I "hate" that song cuz it makes me cry, and I'm not a crier! (BTW, the movie you're talking about -- one of my favorites! "Hate" that one, too, cuz it makes me cry. And I'm not a crier.)
    You sure cry an awful lot....for not being a crier.

Adorable!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3754265;
    Fairrrrrr Eastttt Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddde, by thy siddddde we'll stand...and always praise thyyyyy name

Free Mr. Clark! Free Mr. Clark!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3753450;
    I also didn't like the crush plotline. His basically shouting to her during that song that she was crazy, while making disgusted faces, was very inappropriate. And the line about temptation while looking at the ginger counselor really didn't belong in that "mash up." So tired of "mash ups," btw!
    I actually thought the crush story was hilarious. Inappropriate, yes, but I kind of expect inappropriate from this show

On the other hand I am also tired of the mash-ups. I thought a mash-up was when you took the music of one song and the vocals from another and put them together so I was confused by their terminology to begin with. What they are doing really doesn't seem to be a medley either since the words they mix up are so back-and forth between songs...

I think Kurt may be my favorite character. The words to his ballad "I Honestly Love You" are perfect to apply to his feelings for Finn. I kinda wish we could have heard him sing it, although that would have been very uncomfortable.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3755428;
    On the other hand I am also tired of the mash-ups. I thought a mash-up was when you took the music of one song and the vocals from another and put them together so I was confused by their terminology to begin with. What they are doing really doesn't seem to be a medley either since the words they mix up are so back-and forth between songs...
    I actually really liked the "mash-up"...or the smooshing together of songs, whatever ....because they were so perfect for the situation. Will's message could not have been any clearer, and the harder he sang, the harder Rachel mooned over him and the more horrified his expression became. And then her utter misinterpretation... The "smoosh-up" made perfect sense in this case...IMHO
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I really enjoy the actor who plays Kurt and the storyline with his Father has been amazing BUT I can't help but be dissapointed at how cliche and stereotypical they make his character. I don't think it would be as bad if perhaps they brought on another gay character that isn't SO over the top flaming and cliche. It just bums me out that alot of people who have never met a gay person see this show and believe that all homosexuals are like that (and yes, I know a number of people who actually believe this ). I even have a gay friend that refused to watch after the first couple of episodes cause he found Kurt to be insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Medallion;3755576;
    I really enjoy the actor who plays Kurt and the storyline with his Father has been amazing BUT I can't help but be dissapointed at how cliche and stereotypical they make his character(
    I'm sorry your friend found the cliche insulting That said though, they are all a bunch of stereotypical cliches. You certainly can't get much dumber than the "dumb jock" who thinks he got his girlfriend pregnant in the hot tub The show is pure camp with great writers and a wonderful cast who imbue the characters with the just the right touch of "real" to make them interesting, and make us the viewer, actually care about them. But "My So Called Life" it ain't.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread