+ Reply to Thread
Page 273 of 274 FirstFirst ... 173223263264265266267268269270271272273274 LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 2735
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

FORT Fogey

Re: Glee

I don't know enough about TV to know what came first--the chicken of the egg. Did Fox tell Ryan Murphy that they wanted fewer so they could put comething else in their time slot...or did RM tell Fox that he wanted to wind up the show in the 13 episodes?

It looks to me that RM lost interest in the show maybe before Cory's death-----but certainly after it.

Ryan's been busier basking in the raves for American Horror Story the past few years, and now The Normal Heart on HBO.

I think he's still fond of Glee, but it has probably served its purpose for him, and he's ready to concentrate a smaller number of eps on the core cast that made it a success, and wrap those characters' stories up without a lot of interruptions from second-generation characters that never quite seemed as special.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Adam Lambert is appearing in NY as front man for Queen, so doubt we'll see much of Starchild.

Considering how bad the ratings and the reviews were for the last season, I'd bet RM was strongly encouraged to cut the season WAY down. I'm sure he could see the writing on the wall.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I don't think terrible reviews on his shows bother RM. He lets his shows go off the rails and doesn't seem to mind at all. IMO, it shows such disrespect for the cast and others that are left on these abandoned series.

FORT Fogey

Heard that Naya has been cut back to just a recurring role rather than a regular.

FORT Fogey

Now this is interesting. Entertainment Weekly had 4 situations listed regarding 4 different actors from various shows. One was false and the other three true. One was Lea getting a gig on Sons of Anarchy playing "an empathetic waitress". True or False??

Supposedly true!!!

I believe I read somewhere that is true and Lea is messing around with one of the stars (I dont watch that show so Im not even sure who it would be)
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

There were pics on several sites a few weeks ago of Lea on set at SOA and in costume. She'd better not be trying to get her claws into Charlie Hunnam. He's WAY too good for her. Plus, I thought she was dating that former gigolo.
    AmyKay and inthegarden like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I guess Entertainment Weekly picked out three bizarre castings and posted it along with the fake. I have to agree that Lea's is very strange. Is she trying to show her range because I don't see her breaking out into song in this show....and who hired her??

+ Reply to Thread