+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Glee

Well, the "face for radio" preview coming up....might still be a downer for Rachel--of course that's kind of what they said about Barbra, so maybe that will just inspire her.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Didn't like Sue at all in the episode. She didn't belong and the whole storyline was just disgusting. And I see Ryan continues to destroy Becky - blah. I thought I read that Rachel was supposed to have a huge fail - so those reports were wrong lol.
    How did he destroy Becky this week? I must have missed that

While I think Lea is a nasty spoiled brat, I do think she's extremely gifted and I actually like Rachel. I don't think Lea is a great actress, but she's got a great voice, especially for Broadway. I'd rather see Rachel than Blaine, so the more he's on, the less inclined I am to watch. While Darren Criss might be a nice guy, I've never found Blaine to be all that interesting.

Sue in NYC was silly. That was probably more about keeping Jane Lynch happy than it was about advancing the plot.

The longer this show goes on, the more irritating Tina becomes. I hope we don't see her much in the future.

Once again, I find myself wishing this was the final season.
    waywyrd, Lil Bit, AmyKay and 2 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I stopped watching after the tribute to Cory. I stop by to see if I made a mistake but by reading your post I guess I'm glad I stopped watching when I did. I'm glad I'm missing the slow death of a once fun and lighthearted show.
    wannasee likes this.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I thought I read that Rachel was supposed to have a huge fail - so those reports were wrong lol.
    I wondered if Rachel's storyline might somehow mirror Lea's - star in broadway musical, where the musical is highly acclaimed and wins a bunch of awards, but the lead actress is hardly recognized. So I guess the "fail" would be not being nominated for any awards, while the musical is. Then the final season could follow Rachel to Hollywood, a la, Lea.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post

While I think Lea is a nasty spoiled brat, I do think she's extremely gifted and I actually like Rachel. I don't think Lea is a great actress, but she's got a great voice, especially for Broadway. I'd rather see Rachel than Blaine, so the more he's on, the less inclined I am to watch. While Darren Criss might be a nice guy, I've never found Blaine to be all that interesting.

Sue in NYC was silly. That was probably more about keeping Jane Lynch happy than it was about advancing the plot.

The longer this show goes on, the more irritating Tina becomes. I hope we don't see her much in the future.

When you look back at Becky in early episodes, as in the bake sale/wheels episode, Becky was so sweet and timid. I too, find her move to nasty disappointing.

I can see where you are coming from with Blaine. Early Blaine was strong and likable, current Blaine is an insecure wuss. I still love Darren Criss' voice and would rather listen to him than other guys on the show.

I had read that they were coming up with a way to keep Sue on the show when the plot moves from Lima, so I am shocked that she walked away from restaurant guy. If he was a one and done, they should have cast a true celebrity chef.

I too am done with Tina.

I still love this show and find myself rooting for Rachel. I think I watch this show more for the music than the plot lines.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post

The Becky part was during Rachel's nightmare. Becky was shouting very nastily "GET ON WITH IT" over and over again, and then chased Rachel around on the stage like she was participating in girl on girl wrestling match and was going for the take down.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Why is Tina in NY again? I don't understand why they're all following each other around. Fast forward 40 years, they're all in the same retirement home, singing songs to the other residents.

I don't even know what the point of last night's show was. I didn't enjoy it, whatever it was.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Finally got to watch the whole show, rather than just the previews...so I don't know what the point of the radio face comment was...they already used the insulting to her looks Barbra comments... I had the luck to catch Barbra singing Miss Marmelstein in I can get it for you wholesale when it was still in Washington, DC, before she was a star, and she just took the roof off. You knew right away this was someone who would be a star, looks or no. What a voice.

I guess the point was Rachel would have a dream come true, so maybe the others would, too--Mr. Shue got his happy family life as well. Rachel was remarkably UNselfabsorbed, asking him about the baby rather than talking about herself.

Isn't it very bad form to skip the cast party? After all, you are both a star and a member of the cast--if you want the cast to like you, and your producer, don't dis them!

Maybe the point of the NYC guy was to make Sue feel loveable and she'd be nicer in the future? It's hard to believe Jane Lynch pushed for that--there have already been sevearl scenes showing her being pursued by guys... maybe her contract says she has to be in X episodes so they shoehorned her in. She did fit in terms of being one of Rachel's naysayers.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Why is Tina in NY again? I don't understand why they're all following each other around. Fast forward 40 years, they're all in the same retirement home, singing songs to the other residents.

I don't even know what the point of last night's show was. I didn't enjoy it, whatever it was.
    Tina came for Rachel's opening. She's attending Brown University.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Can't stand Rachel. Schadenfreude in anticipation of Her Royal Full-of-Herself being taken down a peg or ten and slapped with a big ol' hand of reality.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread