+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

I guess I'm the only one here who reads the gossip blogs.
    MFWalkoff likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Critical I read magazines, blogs, blinds...you name it! I found out about them not too long before Cory died. I do not see hollywood/celebs the same way at all since I started reading blind items!

There are plenty of other celebs that have done it (Stewart/Pattinson, Swifty/whoever) and I can kind of understand for a movie, it helps with the publicity...but for a tv show that no end is in sight for? Thats a lot of lying to be keeping up with. I guess once the ball gets rolling its easier to do. I can also understand "set up" relationships for those that are still in the closet (personally I feel like who you love is your own business. I know there are a lot of closed minded people out there and some celebs are afraid it will affect their job).
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

I was under that boulder as well lol. How silly that is -- for me anyway, it didn't add anything to the show knowing/thinking that they were an item in real life as well. However, it did make his passing and watching Lea as Rachel deal with it on the show, that much more gut wrenching.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

To the Point

So color me stupid and dense, but what purpose was this fake relationship suppose to cover or convey? I feel like I must be missing the obvious.....

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    So color me stupid and dense, but what purpose was this fake relationship suppose to cover or convey? I feel like I must be missing the obvious.....
    It gains the papperazis attention, gets media coverage, thereby gaining free publicity for your show/movie, which is supposed to lead to higher ratings or ticket sales.

I think the LM/CM relationship was genuine though. At least on her part. She always spoke so genuinely about her NY bf and it came as quite a shock to hear it had ended. Soon after she was with CM.

As or Chris Colfer wanting Adam to be his new love, boo him! I get it, Darren is straight and Adam is gay, but if that was ever an issue, shame on Ryan, etal. Personally, I hoped When Blaine went to Elliots apartment a few eps ago, they would find their match. I think Darren is much more talented than CC.
    Last edited by babymay; 04-19-2014 at 02:20 AM.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay View Post
    It gains the papperazis attention, gets media coverage, thereby gaining free publicity for your show/movie, which is supposed to lead to higher ratings or ticket sales.

I think the LM/CM relationship was genuine though. At least on her part. She always spoke so genuinely about her NY bf and it came as quite a shock to hear it had ended. Soon after she was with CM.

As or Chris Colfer wanting Adam to be his new love, boo him! I get it, Darren is straight and Adam is gay, but if that was ever an issue, shame on Ryan, etal. Personally, I hoped When Blaine went to Elliots apartment a few eps ago, they would find their match. I think Darren is much more talented than CC.
    Did she love him? Yes. Was it romantic? Nope. Plenty of people behind the scenes knew about the fake relationship and some of them talked. Obviously, people are going to believe it was real - that was the point. The show was fading in the ratings and they needed to stir up some interest. The show's two leads falling in love fits the bill perfectly. These are actors we're talking about. Who better to pretend to be in a relationship with someone?

It's pretty common in show business. Two actors pretend to date to get publicity for themselves or for whatever project they're working on. When the contract is over, they break up and a press release goes out. The problem for Lea and the others who participated in the lie is that, since Cory died, they're stuck lying forever and if she dates openly for some time after his death, she looks like a heartless witch. Couldn't happen to a nicer person, apparently.
    AmyKay likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Good grief---and here I thought reading the cover of the National Enquirer (Inquirer?) in check out lines kept me up to date...

Last nights episode was really odd. Is it odd that as a musical person, I never really got into (or wanted to even) Funny Girl? I was surprised I actually didnt know a lot of the songs on this episode besides the first one. Anyway...I think Naya has begun botox or something, her face looked different to me and I didnt like it. Looking forward to next week when focus gets off of Rachel and onto Blaine.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

FORT Fogey

One strange episode---what was that crap with Sue and the " way-too-short" boyfriend.

Even giving it her all, Lea is no Babs.....so the rave review was Glee fake.

I missed the details of the preview is Shirley an arts patron or Blaine's mother?

Didn't like Sue at all in the episode. She didn't belong and the whole storyline was just disgusting. And I see Ryan continues to destroy Becky - blah. I thought I read that Rachel was supposed to have a huge fail - so those reports were wrong lol.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread