+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

FORT Fogey

Re: Glee

I am not hating this full time switch to NYC. I wonder if the boost for Mercedes has something to do with her winning DWTS. I saw her on Ellen right after D ended and Ellen asked her about returning to GLEE. She said that she would be in the 100th episode ( and everybody was) but no mention of a larger part.

I was surprised to see that they moved her into NYC fulltime....and pleased that she is being given several songs.

What are they doing with Rachel....quitting school after she was wrong in her presentation?

Is Ryan turning Rachel into another Becky? Oh please no.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think he's setting Rachel up for a fall...a big one. She quit school for Broadway. It's all been too easy, I think the play will flop and she will have hit rock bottom then epiphany scenario.

Huh? Why would you think that?

I've just about had my fill of Sam. They clearly don't know how to write for that character. Sometimes he's a normal, albeit goofy, kid and then other times he's just bizarre, like when Sam met Mercedes and her friends. I mean, what was that? I like having Mercedes back, but I could do without Sam and Blaine. I also don't care if Santana comes back. Her nasty girl schtick has worn thin.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I really missed Adam. If he was in the episode, it would have made sense for him to see Kurt at the hospital. I hope he has not been eased out the door , without a word, as they did with Demi.

Now that I am thinking about it, I could do with some new charcters. I think there are too many kids from OH and apparently they will have Santana in and out. The pairings have been a bit much with the kids staying with their old HS mates from OH--- K and B, M and S, S and B. And of course it was always Ryan's intent to have R return home to OH at the end of the season to be with Finn.

I pray Santana does not return. She acts like a third grader.

Based on Ryan's work, I have no faith the series will be rewarding. Having Rachel fall on her face is just the kind of thing he will resort to. Boring.

I'm interested in Adam and that's why I'm watching. That and I enjoy the musical numbers.

Based on Ryan's work, I have no faith the series will be rewarding. Having Rachel fall on her face ...
    I'm actually looking forward to that at this point. I've never been a Rachel-fan.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

The best thing about last nights episode was not a whole lot of Rachel. Second best is Mercedes singing. Other than that not much to love for me. I love Artie, but didn't like where they took him this ep...whatever. I realize its a show, and they will do what THEY want, not what we want.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I heard on the radio this am that there is BIG shocker for the end of the season, and next season (the final one) will be more advanced in the future enough to where any previous cast can come back. I would assume its so they can get Matt Morrison and Jane Lynch back in the fold somehow. I don't know if Ill make it til next season. I didn't feel bad missing last week (watched it on demand this weekend), wouldn't have caught it this week if the weather hadn't changed our plans.
    Last edited by Critical; 04-16-2014 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags!
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Can someone tell me where all the characters are living in NYC? Is anyone living with Adam's character now?

I tried to watch last night, but it just didn't hold my interest. Artie gets chlamydia? Blaine goes on a junk food binge? Meh. And I never much cared for Sam and Mercedes. It's getting to where I don't care if I miss this show anymore.
    Ellen and JavaJo like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

+ Reply to Thread