+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    So, since the graduation banner read "Class of 2013," is Glee time now either May or June of last year?
    Ultimately that must be the case, although following any kind of linear timelime has never been something Glee seems to care about much.

At the end of last season, the only person who seemed to be leaving was Brittany, for MIT, and they made a vague mention of her starting early, so it must not have been the end of the school year -- although they didn't really seem to care if we thought it was, too.

There was a big graduation at the end of season 3, and another one now, so in some twisted roundabout way, I guess a year has passed over 2 seasons. Or it hasn't.

I found an article where a reviewer complained about all this about a year ago: Glee: Finale points to weird timeline. What do you want to see next? | PopWatch | EW.com
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 03-27-2014 at 06:53 AM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The good thing about NYC is "Starchild".
    waywyrd, AmyKay and Maybaybie like this.

The show didn't really give the new kids much of a chance though. And when they did it was with such lame story lines! Make a girl bulimic by sewing in her clothes to make her think that, despite the fact that she isn't eating she's still getting fat? I mean, there obviously aren't scales in Lima, Ohio. I do think that if they had tried a little harder, and focused more on the new kids, we may have started to care about them a little bit, but they were too concerned with following the graduating seniors. And what they did to the Becky character borders on obscene. That alone is enough to turn me off from the show.

I haven't watched this last episode. I suppose I will because I have it on my DVR, but I have lost most of my interest. I wonder if the new focus in NYC will pull me back in?
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

From what I've read, next season takes place entirely in NY, which makes sense now that they've dismantled the Glee Club at the HS - no reason to go back.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    I almost felt like last night could have been a series ender. It was kind of odd. I didnt like "dont stop believing" without Finn. I know its probably the most popular of the songs they have done, but it just wasnt the same.

I keep up with celebrity "blind items" and there is one going around that Santana and Blaine will be leaving...Blaine for good once the writers figure out how to do it, Santana would make appearances here and there.
    Interesting how they will move Blaine out---a fight with Kurt, family tragedy back in OH???
    They have pretty much already set up Santana for not coming back to NYC since she and Brit have set out to travel--- not sure where the money has come from-- but practically or reality have not always been part of ryan's trademark

Santana had some money (was it an inheritance from her grandmother?) that she was using to live off of in NY.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

For season 6 (lots of spoilers)...

Click to see Spoiler:
    Santana and Brittney will both be in NY. Mr. Schu is gone. Looks like Sue will somehow make her way to NY (blah). Blaine and Artie will both be in NY. Other possible spoilers - Kurt might be in Russia and someone who was in Season 1 will show up in Season 6. The guess is that it will be Karofsky (the gay football player).

Not sure if all of this will happen - but that's what I've been reading.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

^^^ Those are some interesting points.

FORT Fogey

Well, several months have passed and the kids are in NYC. Regardless of what has been reported before, it is Rachel, Kurt, Blaine, Sam and Artie. Mercedes arrived toward the end of the show, and rented herself an apartment so she apparently is not going go be back and forth from CA.

I thought now that the show is not split that the NYC scenes had more substance and it may turn out better than we anticipated.

I wasn't too thrilled with last night's episode. It just seemed like too much was going on...Blaine was irritating (and don't you yell at Adam again! ), Kurt was whiny, Rachel was a snot, and I honestly don't care to see Sam, Artie or Mercedes. And how are these fresh-out-of-high school kids affording to live in these awesome apartments?
    AmyKay likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

+ Reply to Thread