+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

Good for Adam!
    Jaceegirl likes this.

I listened to Lea's album and it was just ok, in my opinion. She has a really beautiful voice...but there have been too many things that have turned me off about her lately that I just wasnt that excited about the album.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    I listened to Lea's album and it was just ok, in my opinion. She has a really beautiful voice...but there have been too many things that have turned me off about her lately that I just wasnt that excited about the album.
    The actress or the person?

Her as a person. Diva-ish tendencies mostly. There has also been speculation that she and Corey weren't really a couple, which I tend to believe...and while I do believe she may have had love for him, I feel like she in some ways has milked the situation. But that's just my opinion- I have no proof of anything.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Oh, I don't know that much about her or Cory. I do like her voice though. I think she has crazy good vocals.

FORT Fogey

She does sing well, but whenever I hear her I think of Barbra Lite. She does all the right moves, but the emotion either isn't there or seems forced/ fake.

And Ryan is continuing that problem by having Rachel do FUNNY GIRL as Barbra Lite. Even the costume she wore during the photo shoot was something B wore herself---not as Fanny, but as B to an award show.
    AmyKay likes this.

Don't get started on Ryan Murhy.......oh my.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Call me a soft touch, but I teared up even at the photo of Finn, and when they had the first flashback of him I actually gasped, cue the Kleenex.... I also thought that how they handled having his mom and stepdad be there and respond was perfect, and very real.
    This is the first high school aspect of Glee I've enjoyed in a while, mostly because of the Finn stuff, but also having just watched last week's episode right before tonight's have to say part of it was how little there was of Becky this week--I've gotten to just dread when she comes on she's being written as such an awful person now. Yes, you could blame it on her Down's making it hard for her to see when she is crossing boundaries while imitating the "cool" people she sees on crude TV shows, but good grief.
    Sue's comments to Mr. S. were like an elegy for the show since we all know this is the last season. Of course no doubt the NYC crowd will somehow "save" the Glee club.
    I like the NYC folks mostly for Adam....I really hope there's a non-Glee way to keep him performing on my TV screen next year, since I don't get to concerts, but glad he is at least doing the Queen tour--that bodes well.
    AmyKay likes this.

I saw Lea perform one of her songs from the album on The Tonight Show or somewhere, and I wasn't very impressed. She sang it OK, but the song itself just wasn't interesting. Maybe she's not that great of a songwriter. It's mostly her original material, isn't it?
    Ellen likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

The show still has one more season to go -- it was renewed for 2 seasons last year.

I admit it, I got misty when they sang, and especially at the end when Will found Sam backstage. No matter how much the show has gone off in strange and silly directions, I still have a big fondness for it. Its first season will go down in history as one of the most original & entertaining ideas ever.
    waywyrd and JavaJo like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread