+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

According to TVLine,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the show is going to NYC ONLY for the rest of season 5: ‘Glee’ Season 5 Moving to NYC ‘Exclusively’ — With Jane Lynch’s Sue Sylvester - TVLine

I have mixed feeling about this. I can't stand Blaine and this means we'll have to see more of him, no doubt. Plus, I actually liked Marley and Ryder and this means they're probably out.

Time to call it quits on this show. No need to make us suffer through a season 6.
    Ellen likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    According to TVLine,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the show is going to NYC ONLY for the rest of season 5: ‘Glee’ Season 5 Moving to NYC ‘Exclusively’ — With Jane Lynch’s Sue Sylvester - TVLine

I have mixed feeling about this. I can't stand Blaine and this means we'll have to see more of him, no doubt. Plus, I actually liked Marley and Ryder and this means they're probably out.

Time to call it quits on this show. No need to make us suffer through a season 6.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    And so it all goes back to Rachael/Lea Michelle, whom I can't stand. She must have a great agent.
    OTOH, I do like Naya Rivera. She would do well to get out of Glee ASAP and move on to bigger and better.

Yeah. Shark jumped. Movin' on.
    causingchaos likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Actually I've seen a lot of fans that have been clamoring for just that to have happen. The high school stories have gotten so unbelievably lame, I think that this might actually be a smart idea.
    WrigleyDogA2 likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

I don't think it is a bad idea.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Actually I've seen a lot of fans that have been clamoring for just that to have happen. The high school stories have gotten so unbelievably lame, I think that this might actually be a smart idea.
    Count me as one who can't stand the high school stories. I still really like Artie, Sue, Mr. Shue, and Blaine - but I can't stand the "new" characters.
    combatcutie likes this.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

I just heard that Glee is moving back to Tuesday nights and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    that the rest of this season will focus heavily on New York. And that Santana is going to become Rachel's understudy for Funny Girl. I'm not sure what that means for the high schoolers and Nationals. Also, I hate the idea of Santana being the understudy - it's not realistic at all and seriously, can't you give Santana her own plot line?

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Watched tonight because they were going to perform Sara Bareilles' Brave. What a sad, predictable, pathetic show this has become.
    Ellen and AmyKay like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

They really should have made time move slower on this show -- there really was no need to have a year on the show equal a real year. Everyone could still be in high school now and the show would still make some kind of sense. Now they just have the graduated characters in unbelievable situations, and anyone back in high school has to hope for some scraps in each episode. What are there, 50 main characters now?
    JavaJo likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

But they wanted to have a huge competition end each year...

True, but there is regionals before there is nationals -- 2 different competitions to use for season finales. And I don't think having a big competition is really necessary to end each season -- there are so many characters on this show, I'm sure they could have come up with other storylines that would be just as interesting.

But it's not what happened, so I guess there's nothing to be done. But it started out as a really great, original show.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread