+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 274 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575125 ... LastLast
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3743896;
    There's a book???? I didn't even know... will have to go look. Let us know if it has the same bite to it that they've infused into the show.. I'd love it!
    I am just seeing now that PWS was referring to Wicked. I thought at the time that she was referring to a Glee book. Then I just now started reading people saying there was a musical and I was really lost for a few seconds. *siiiiiiggghhhh*

I loved the musical Wicked and cannot imagine life without the song "Popular." What a trip.

Last night's show was very sweet. I love the relationship that Kurt has with his father. Love that after Kurt's initial story of discrimination his father went in and stuck up for his son with the principal and Schuester. Then after Kurt's admission that he threw the audition to spare his father the embarrassment... and his father's comment that Kurt was just like his much adored mother.... *sniff*.

And the scenes between Puck and Quinn were equally as heartbreaking. Their playful cookie dough mess, and the sheer joy on Puck's face when he was able to give Quinn the money only to see her then ride off with Finn...

Goodness.. I love this show.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Too bad Kurt blew that note, although we understand why he did it plot-wise. We don't think that song is "gendered." Also, I am noticing a pattern that whoever is singing interspersed with Rachel just blows her out of the water. Kurt's version was beautiful (acknowledging that all the songs are ridiculously overproduced and have nothing to do with what they would have actually sounded like in person), whereas her "vocal stylings" continue to grate to the extreme - the sounds coming out of her mouth are so very irritating I just want to smack her till she shuts up.

I would say I missed Mr. Shu's singing - I always love his performances - but I like that they gave time to the storylines of the wheelchair and gay guys. Plus Sue showed a new dimension with the mentally challenged Cheerio and her sister. It was nice to see her good side.

I thought it was a huge hole in the plot and also reality for Quinn to expect that much money for an ultrasound bill. Insurers do not pay out that much, so why should individuals? She just needs to tell her parents and get their insurance to pay, because eventually they are going to see she is pregnant anyway. Or, where is Shu's wife? Didn't they have a bargain that she would get the baby in exchange for paying the expenses? Why is Quinn trying to squeeze money out of a high school kid, and not even the father? None of it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3749018;
    And the scenes between Puck and Quinn were equally as heartbreaking. Their playful cookie dough mess, and the sheer joy on Puck's face when he was able to give Quinn the money only to see her then ride off with Finn...
    Yes, he is like Sue with the good and the bad in his character. I like that they are refusing to have one-dimensional good or bad characters. That scene was sweet, but then he goes and sells pot cupcakes (to unsuspecting students?) and adds insult to injury by trying to embezzle the money!
    Last edited by Harvest; 11-12-2009 at 01:22 PM.

FORT Fanatic

I tuned in to this series originally because of the actress Jane whose last name I cannot recall at the moment. Last night it was wonderful to see another side of her obnoxious character. Who knew she HAD another side?

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3749027;

Or, where is Shu's wife? Didn't they have a bargain that she would get the baby in exchange for paying the expenses?
    I was wondering the same thing. I guess I can understand if Quinn is trying to get Finn to grow up; but, I thought that there was an arrangement between Terri and Quinn as well. Maybe Quinn is thinking about keeping the baby.

I also agree that Quinn should just get it over with and tell her parents. It's not like she will be able to hid the fact that she's pregnant as she gets bigger.

I'm pretty sure there was an arrangement between Teri and Quinn...but only for the baby. Teri refused to pay any expenses. I loved last night's episode for all the reasons everyone mentioned (Sue has got to be the most fun character to play!), but it seemed different. Like a "very special episode" of Glee. Don't get me wrong, it was excellent, it just seemed....different. Maybe it was the lack of any of the adult-centered stories.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I like that most weeks it is adult-centered, but it was a nice break from that. I do not really like the redhead's having a crush on a married man at the same time she is engaged to someone she doesn't even like, or the wife lying to her husband about being pregnant.

Hubby's favorite line of the whole series so far is when Sue called the redhead "a pygmy ginger with the eyes of a bush baby." Lol, we love it when she just blurts out the most amazing things!

I thought it was a huge hole in the plot and also reality for Quinn to expect that much money for an ultrasound bill. Insurers do not pay out that much, so why should individuals?
    When I was pregnant last the hospital screwed up the forms to submit to my insurance co. for 1 of my sonograms. Instead of correcting it like I asked them to many times, they started sending my husband the bills and telling us if we didn't pay them they would take legal action. It was a huge mess to clear up and to this day I still remember exactly how much it cost to get a sonogram at my hospital in November of 2007, and the figure from the show was only off from mine by the cost of some Fast food drive through.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

...but then he goes and sells pot cupcakes (to unsuspecting students?) and adds insult to injury by trying to embezzle the money!
    Oh THAT's what he put in them! I thought it was medication or something.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3749105;
    When I was pregnant last the hospital screwed up the forms to submit to my insurance co. for 1 of my sonograms. Instead of correcting it like I asked them to many times, they started sending my husband the bills and telling us if we didn't pay them they would take legal action. It was a huge mess to clear up and to this day I still remember exactly how much it cost to get a sonogram at my hospital in November of 2007, and the figure from the show was only off from mine by the cost of some Fast food drive through.
    Your insurance company finally paid? Hope they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3749064;
    I'm pretty sure there was an arrangement between Teri and Quinn...but only for the baby. Teri refused to pay any expenses. I.
    You are correct. Teri told her that she gets to pay for the next 18 years, Quinn can handle the maternity costs.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread