+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree625Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

I'm in the minority, but I actually liked Alex on TGP, so seeing him on Glee is good for me. I'm glad Ryan brought him in, even though he didn't win. Granted, I think he needs acting classes and more work.

Blake has done quite well and even though I didn't care for him that much on TGP, I like his character on the show. His singing has improved too, IMO. Engaged at his age??? Interesting. I don't understand people in that age range getting married. Of course, Ryan Murphy promotes it for kids on the show.

I enjoyed the Billy Joel episode. It reminded me of how much I love his music.

FORT Fogey

I liked this episode better than several in the past. I agree Debb...I can't recall Alex's behavior being more or less "stage kid" than anybody else's.

One thing I do remember was that he was young---a high school junior when he appeared in GP and a year older when he made his debut on Glee.

So he was the real age of the character he was playing while several other cast members were close to 10 years older. I thought he fit in well.

Loved the scene of the 5 kids in NY. The 5 of them could do Glee-NY and be like a Friends kind of show.

I wonder if the connection between Rachel and Sam was intentional. My dd even noticed it.

Ryan Murphy has hinted that the final season will be in NY, which I am fine with. Blaine, Sam and Artie are all heading to NY. I really hope that Tina doesn't follow. I wouldn't mind Mike Chang showing up at the Joffrey, Mercedes getting a job with Beyoncé, Mr. Shue going to broadway, via April Rhodes, just not Tina. Not goth Tina annoys me. I don't know how old the new Glee club members are, but Puck 2.0 and Kitty are the only ones I wouldn't mind seeing again. Kitty has grown on me this season.

I really just want more Adam Lambert.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Fogey

I saw the spark between R and S....and it creeped me out. Way too soon after all the Ryan put out to honor Finn.....WAY too soon!!!
    mesachick likes this.

Yeah, where was Adam?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah, where was Adam?

I forgot to record it, so I am glad I didn't miss him
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It was a pretty good episode though. I'd watch On Demand if you can.

I look foward to tonight from seeing the previews. I won't ruin it by giving any hints, but it looks like fun and features one of my favorite songs!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just saw the Adam L. episode---man, I'd forgotten how great he is.
    WrigleyDogA2 and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Just saw the Adam L. episode---man, I'd forgotten how great he is.
    He is isn't he? I love him
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I never watch Idol, but there was SO much talk about him I had to tune in and I was hooked...not on the contest, on his performances. I couldn't believe he hadn't already "made it"... and it did come out later that he was actually building a following even before he was on the show, but I'm sure the exposure gave him a huge boost. He makes Kurt's "edge" .. or even Alex's ... look totally bland, when he is "on". And then the out of make up contrast--very nice. From the original Glee cast the only one who might have been able to hold their own with him was Mercedes...maybe Rachel. IMHO of course, and I'm no music expert, just a listener.

+ Reply to Thread