+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I agree - bad blood should have been put aside. It was wrong not to have Quinn there.
    Absolutely. She did have a major role in Finn's life.
    I guess this season we will see Finn's jacket rotated through the cast as a source of comfort.

I agree - bad blood should have been put aside. It was wrong not to have Quinn there.
    I don't think we know for sure that it was "bad blood" that kept Diana from participating. The official story was that she had a scheduling conflict, and I see no reason to think that's not true. After all, they did bring her back for the wedding last season, and she was much less important to that story line than she would have been for this one. I'm guessing that they would have liked to have Quinn be part of the memorial.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I thought the episode was well done. I found myself tearing up several times. All their emotions seemed genuine. Except for the locker scene with puck and beast, where he tried to cry...not too convincing. Poor Lea, I don't know how she made it through that song. But the part that really got me was his mom, she really broke me down.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Wow, they did an excellent job with the passing of Cory. The actors emotions were so real and genuine. I was sobbing like a baby when Finn's mom, Kurt, and Burt were packing up his things. Such heartache Lea seems like she lost so much weight. I truly hope that she is ok and getting counseling to deal with her loss.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I thought the episode was what it should be to honor what the show is and what Corey/Finn meant to it. I have always gotten a kick out of the show, even at its most ridiculous. For me, this episode felt like a finale, though. Even when it comes back, I am not sure I will. I think I would like to just leave it on this note. I am no longer interested in watching the silly, over the top antics of Glee. The music was beautiful, and I know that it will continue to be the same thing again and again.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.

What made this show so super sad for me was knowing that these people were not just saying goodbye to Finn the character but to Cory the person and as I was watching it knowing that all the emotion and sadness we were seeing was very real which made me cry right along with them.

'Glee' to end next season

Now that Cory Monteith's "Glee" character has been laid to rest, the end of the Fox series is clearly in sight.

Co-creator Ryan Murphy said at a Paley Center event on Wednesday that the eccentric comedy will end with its next season, the show's sixth.

Murphy explained to TVLine that he always planned to end the series with the story Finn (as played by Monteith) and Rachel (portrayed by Monteith's on-and-off-screen girlfriend, Lea Michele). But following Monteith's death at 31 in July, Murphy has had to re-think how he can conclude "Glee's" story.

"The final year of the show, which will be next year, was designed around Rachel and Cory/Finn’s story,” Murphy said. “I always knew that, I always knew how it would end. I knew what the last shot was – he was in it. I knew what the last line was – she said it to him. So when a tragedy like that happens you sort of have to pause and figure out what you want to do."

However the end of "Glee" takes shape, Murphy is confident that it will be "kind of in (Monteith's) honor, which I love."
    'Glee' to end next season – The Marquee Blog - CNN.com Blogs
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

I heard that she (Diana) strongly disliked Cory and she refused to be in the episode - even though they asked/begged her. Though to be fair, she is promoting a movie right now, so there might have also been scheduling conflicts - but you would think for such a major event, she would have pushed/missed those events if she really wanted to.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Huh... wonder why she disliked him--by all reports he was pretty much like Finn, likeable. Maybe she thought he led others astray into drugs?

I got this little scoop regarding Dianna not being the Cory tribute show...

"How It Was Determined Who Was In It: Despite ugly rumors that Lea Michele and Ryan Murphy did not want Dianna Agron (Quinn) to be involved in the tribute, we are told by multiple sources that it all came down to scheduling and timing. Agron simply wasn't available when the episode was shooting, and because of that, she did not ask to come back, as some of the others did. "When you write something like that," Ryan Murphy said of the episode, "there's no right way to do it. So we wrote it. We put people who were under contract to the show in it. And a lot of the actors contacted me and said, I just loved him so much can I just please be a part of it? So we put those people in." A show insider points out that Dianna attended Cory's funeral and is still "very much a part of the Glee family and remains friends with the cast."
    AmyKay and Jaceegirl like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread