+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

FORT Fogey

Re: Glee

I was opposed to this episode and said so here several times. Having said that, I do have to say that there were some good moments....but maybe not emough----for me--- to warrent an entire episode. The best moments were the 3-4 in which an adult was the lead. Someone mentioned mom, coach and Shue. I would add the point where Sue spoke to Santana and we saw her real feelings about Finn. Importantly, none of these moments featured a song. And none of the songs presented equaled YESTERDAY.

It was touching. I found myself really listening to the words of the songs, especially You Have A Friend and the one Leah did. Songs convey so much meaning and I loved they way that these worked. I loved Yesterday too.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Well I finally made it through The Quarterback. I too was crying off and on - hope could you not. I lost it officially when Rachel sang. That had to have been so hard for Lea. Then Shue at the end - wow. I thought the episode was done beautifully. Losing Cory/Finn will leave a hole in the show for some time.

RIP Cory.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Being a bit of a cold hearted little thing, I wasn't expecting to like it. I expected maudlin, saccharine overacting & a bunch of sappiness designed to bring tears, with syrupy music playing in the background of picture montages.
    I was surprised with the restraint. It was very well done.
    I liked the way they still were able to throw humor in. The type of humor that happens in real life when you lose someone, & humorous things happen or are said.

I also noticed "the Santana show". Of all the characters, she was one of the least likely to focus on.
    I was a little disappointed that they never said how Finn died, but liked Kurt's statement, something like: "Everyone wants to talk about how he died. I want to talk about how he lived." That's good advice for everyone.

The little public service announcements about drug addiction at the end were well done & restrained too.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    I read somewhere Diana Agron (sp?) wasnt even asked back for this, apparently there is bad blood there for some reason.
    I read the same thing. The article I saw said that Ryan Murphy doesn't like her and many cast members don't either. Something about her not being a team player. On that show, you definitely HAVE to be a team player. From what I've seen, the schedule is pretty punishing.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Well I finally made it through The Quarterback. I too was crying off and on - hope could you not. I lost it officially when Rachel sang. That had to have been so hard for Lea. Then Shue at the end - wow. I thought the episode was done beautifully. Losing Cory/Finn will leave a hole in the show for some time.

RIP Cory.
    I totally agree with everything you wrote here mesa. I thought it was done beautifully as well and I am sure it was a very hard episode to do for everyone. It was hard enough for me a fan since the beginning to watch this episode knowing that Finn/Cory won't be on any longer - I still can't believe he is gone. I had tears in my eyes throughout the show, but like you I lost it when Rachel/Lea sang and don't know how she managed to do it. Then to watch Mr. Shoo was again heartbreaking.

It just goes to show you that you can't look at a person and possibly know what they are dealing with inside. I know Cory was forthcoming with his addiction problem and went public when he entered rehab not that long ago. I had so hoped that it would be successful for him as it seemed he had everything to live for with the love and support of Lea and so many. Just so sad.

Critical I had read that original story about Dianna Agron, but this latest one from E news seems to say it wasn't true. I am not sure which is correct.

No 'Glee' Feud, But Why is Dianna Agron Missing in Cory Monteith Tribute? [PHOTOS] - Entertainment & Stars

I thought the show was very tastefully done and I sobbed like a baby during the scene with the Hummels and Finn's mom packing his stuff up. I read an article on a different site this morning that recapped the show and tribute and then I made the mistake of reading some of the comments. So many hateful, heartless people commenting that the show idolized a drug addict and that he got what he deserved. It makes me sad that there are so many people in this country who don't seem to feel any empathy for others. I think the show pointed out how just how much a persons death will affect the people who love them. Maybe it will make someone who is a drug user think about how their passing would affect the people in their lives.

RIP Cory.
    combatcutie and Klyn like this.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

CCL

With regards to it being the Santana show - while I didn't find that personally, maybe it was easier to give focus/time to those actors less close to Cory. For example, if he hadn't really died, but just the character, you would have expected to see a lot of Rachel (Lea). But because of what happened in real life, the show (rightly) wanted to minimize Lea's screen time (out of sensitivity to her) which left more time for others to fill. I'm glad it was the older crew and that the new batch were just in the background -that was right. I don't know why Dianna was not there (I have heard rumours of bad blood and her wanting off the show) but Quinn was missed.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I agree - bad blood should have been put aside. It was wrong not to have Quinn there.
    taracran likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Does anybody know if Dot Marie was retained for this season...or was this just a one time visit. I really like her character.

+ Reply to Thread