+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I missed the first five minutes. How did Finn die?
    They don't say.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Wow - blubbering mess pretty much through the whole hour. Miss_Griss, they didn't address how he died. Kurt made a brief mention wen he said people wanted to talk about it, but that was only one moment out of his life and he'd rather focus on all the rest of it. Such a sad episode....and really well done I thought. The actress who plays Finn's mom was in such a brief scene, but she was amazing. I believed every second she was on.
    taracran likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Thanks, Katy and Java!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fan

It was obvious that they were still grieving personally. The episode was so well done. It left me not wanting something more.
    AZ Dream likes this.

Where was the character of Quinn? That was one of the most important story lines for the first few years and we got nothing unless I missed it?
    The scene with "Finns" mom was incredible. Very powerful.
    For the most part the episode was very emotional but I wished the would of focused a little more on drug addiction.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Quote Originally Posted by taracran View Post
    Where was the character of Quinn? That was one of the most important story lines for the first few years and we got nothing unless I missed it?
    The scene with "Finns" mom was incredible. Very powerful.
    For the most part the episode was very emotional but I wished the would of focused a little more on drug addiction.
    I'm glad they didn't. IMO, It would have felt salacious. Plus, Cory died due to drug abuse, but we don't know how Finn died. I think to focus on drug addiction or have Finn die in the same way that Cory did would have been disrespectful.

I thought they handled everything perfectly from start to finish. It was a beautiful tribute to the character and the actor.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Not to mention, out of character for Finn. He was a good kid and had finally made a decision for his future. Having him OD wouldn't have felt right.
    Lil Bit and Critical like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

I've always loved TV moments where the lines between acting and real life are blurred. For example, the finale of Friends, where all the characters are saying goodbye to each other and to Monica's apartment, and you realize that some of those hugs are actor to actor, not character to character. This episode of Glee took it to an entirely new level, and I think it was brilliant. And as someone who used to watch Glee, but has stopped watching for a year and a half until this episode, I thought they way they opened it was really smart. I was expecting there to be some sort of "Finn died" scene leading up to the way it actually opened. From what I've read, it sounds like there was no carry over from that happening last week. So, lapsed viewers like me who tuned in may be thinking they've been missing out, and start watching more regularly now.

I read somewhere Diana Agron (sp?) wasnt even asked back for this, apparently there is bad blood there for some reason.
    I was gone less than 5 minutes in too, and Im glad they threw some funny moments in there...like Coach Beast and Puck talking about the tree..."they grow ya know?" Santana running screaming from the room instead of hugging someone. I called pretty early that Mr Shue was the one that took the jacket. And I couldnt get over how much Mark Salling (puck) has aged since he was last on the show. Maybe its just the weight he put on?
    This is the first Glee in a long time that I didnt spoil myself on the plot/songlist and Im glad I did it that way. I loved it.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I have it dvr'd and I know I'm going to be a blubbering mess. Finn was one of my favorite characters and he will be deeply missed. I haven't watched faithfully in about a year b/c of the changes
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread